Alliance or Horde? Which to pick? (PLS HELP)

Hey! I’m new to WoW and have a school assignment about it so I’d really appreciate any responses for my project! When first creating an avatar I was presented with the choice of being apart of either the Horde or the Alliance. I am very interested to hear other players’ reasons for choosing their side. If you could please give a response to these questions it would be very much appreciated!!

What factors influenced your decision to join either the Horde or the Alliance?
    Did you regret or later want to switch sides and why or why not?

Horde. Way more people to play with, makes getting in a group easier

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... first:

1-Race you wish to play.

2-Do you already have friends playing? Well... that alone may push you into one faction or the other.

play both. there's different sides to each story. (horde has a lot more people playing on it though)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrykoya View Post
    Hey! I’m new to WoW and have a school assignment about it so I’d really appreciate any responses for my project! When first creating an avatar I was presented with the choice of being apart of either the Horde or the Alliance. I am very interested to hear other players’ reasons for choosing their side. If you could please give a response to these questions it would be very much appreciated!!

What factors influenced your decision to join either the Horde or the Alliance?
    Did you regret or later want to switch sides and why or why not?
    Started playing late BC. I played around with several new characters before I settled on the Tauren. I fell in love with their lore and culture. I've joked in the past that I didn't join the Horde, I joined the Tauren and the Horde just got lucky. But, eventually, I would branch out to love the Trolls and Goblins. I love the story surrounding the Orcs/Forsaken/Blood Elves far more than I care for the actual races themselves. I immediately loved the Pandaren when they were added. And most of the allied races are great too.

That said, I switched sides to the Alliance at the start of Cataclysm and played blue (on US-Kil'Jaden of all places) straight through to the end of Pandaria. I love the Worgen and the Gnomes, plus I have the Pandaren again.

I did eventually go back to Horde full time (and forevermore), but I came to appreciate both sides. I keep a single Alliance toon (my lone Gnome Hunter) so I can see both sides of the story.

My advice is this: don't settle too quickly. It's fun to play up the HvA themes from time to time, but never be unwilling to try the other side if you're curious. Take your time finding the race, culture, and aesthetic that you love the best. This is your character; no one else's.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2020-05-22 at 12:12 AM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

I play Alliance. It's dead AF, at least over here in EU. Dunno which region you're in, but do yourself a favour, check data which faction is dominant (usually Horde unless you're Australian, then it's Alliance), and pick the bigger faction. Blizzard officially refuses to do anything about it outside of meaningless token gestures that solve absolutely nothing, so if you're a clean slate and can still choose, join the winner. You'll have a better MMO experience and if everyone does this, maybe, just maybe, Blizzard will realize "doing nothing" is exposing their "2 faction" system as a lie, because there's only 1 faction in reality in any given region. Personally strongly considering finally calling it quits after I wrap up my BFA stuff and get my closure. It's getting near unplayable over here unless you're either a turbo casual or have absolutely zero expectations AND are willing to fotm reroll to fit into the very, very few decent guilds or m+ groups.