Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account

Just got back from WoWvacation- UI Assistance Request

Hello!

Been unsubbed since a bit after BFA launch and just came back for a bit. But over the years, I've been building up some serious addon bloat and I'm finally annoyed enough to nuke it all and start over.

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share a mod list they used, mainly looking to keep the number of mods low, or an "essentials" list.

If a thread exists with this kind of advice, I'll take a link to that instead too.

So far I've come up with this list.

• Elvui - if you know of a better bundle that might be more resource friendly by all means.
    • Adibags
    • Weakauras
    • bigwigs/dbm
    • bugsack
    • MSCT - Is a mod for combat text even necessary anymore?

I left out stuff like meters and handynotes because I don't consider them mandatory. Likewise stuff like clique and healbot since those are rolespecific.

Anywho, thanks in advance as well as apologies in advance if I should have found an existing thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well those cover it pretty fully (I will presume you mean its for retail), there are only niched ones left basically like herb/mining addons if you got those professions, PvP specific addonds for that etc.

As a kit to do almost everything you dont need more than you listed. Perhaps I would throw in TellMeWhen addon as well.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    I left out stuff like meters and handynotes because I don't consider them mandatory.
    Whats about content specific stuff?

Mythic+:
    AngryKeystones
    CinematicCanceler
    MethodDungeonTools
    RaiderIO
    Plater

But why would you go with Elvui?

A good core HUD with custom Plater, the standard PersonalResourceDisplay and class specific Weakaura/Tellmewhen is highly functional. With a good clean and functional HUD your player/target frames are just secondary display options and you might as well use the standard UI for that.

I get the esthetics of GIGANTIC player/target frames with HUGE and meaningless ressource displays, but its all wasted addon bloat and even worse, visual clutter for no reason.
    -

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    But why would you go with Elvui?

A good core HUD with custom Plater, the standard PersonalResourceDisplay and class specific Weakaura/Tellmewhen is highly functional. With a good clean and functional HUD your player/target frames are just secondary display options and you might as well use the standard UI for that.

I get the esthetics of GIGANTIC player/target frames with HUGE and meaningless ressource displays, but its all wasted addon bloat and even worse, visual clutter for no reason.
    The beauty of ELVui is the ability to customize.
    If you are after minimalistic, as much as possible hidden and keybound as myself, ElVui does that job.
    If one is after a 16 year old kids look, with portraits / numbers from combatlog all over the place / bars everywhere they can get that with ELVui as well.
    If one is a total newbie with addons and dont have the time nor interest in making your own look, ELVui lets you download other peoples profiles and givens it's popularity there is something for everyone to download.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.