Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Whats your interest level in Remedy's 'CONTROL'?

This game releases in like two days and i have seen absolutely no buzz for it which is genuinely surprising. I've honestly seen more people excited for Astral Chain which granted is the Platinum release following up Nier Automata so will generate interest on that alone but a third person sci-fi horror shooter from the Max Payne team is something you would think would generate some measure of interest.

If you haven't even heard much about it CONTROL is a game set in a very bad day for an agent of 'The Federal Bureau of Control'. Essentially half FBI and half SCP. They go in to locations where supernatural events occur and try to get them under control. In the game your character is sent to an ordinary office building that has appeared out of nowhere, inside however is a house of leaves inspired none euclidian space that is far, far bigger inside than out were horrific events that break the laws of nature are occurring with increasing ferocity. She has to find the source and stop it before it breaks beyond the containment of the building.
    Gameplay wise its a 3rd person shooter like all their past games like Max Payne, Alan Wake and Quantum Break but is described as a "metroidvania shooter" with your character have free roam of the building and unlocking new items and supernatural abilities to open new routes through the building.

Personally i'm a big fan of Remedy's gameplay and Sam Lakes writing in particular. He mentioned wanting to make his 'dream house of leaves inspired action game' as far back as Alan Wakes early production but with things like Microsoft wanting a xbone exclusive while shelving Alan Wake 2 its been on hold for a long time. The game looks fun and early impressions are really good. But it seems like one of those games where it just doesn't have major interest and is going to be one of those games in 2019 like Left Alive that gets forgotten a month after release.
    Anyone else picking it up? or have you not even heard of it before?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard of the game multiple times before but incredibly of what we know about the game it's still extremely vague about what you're doing in it. I mean I've heard all this interesting stuff about a transforming gun, a shifting environment, supernatural powers, a metroidvania-esque system yet seen combat that appears to be cover based with the occasional floating enemy and walking down strangely coloured corridors that end in set pieces. As such I'm kinda skeptical about them delivering all the interesting stuff when I've really only seen the latter. I mean it's not that far out a thought considering Alan Wake was the same with it's interesting premise and appearance but rather poor gameplay and story delivery with that terribad cliff hanger and everyone remembers Quantum Break... or don't I guess as I barely heard it mentioned post release.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

It's EGS exclusive, gameplay videos look boring, each new Remedy game is worse than previous. My hype is so low that it's almost breaking into negative numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Too surreal and gameplay doesn't feel that good, it looks like Quantum Break all over again. I long for Remedy to go back to their old ways, Max Payne and Alan Wake were games that had soul.

Seems like it might be neat, prolly one of those games I buy on a large discount eventually unless it gets rave reviews enough that I get interested. Have too much other stuff to play right now.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Literally looks like a Qauntum Break sequel in all but name and QB was meh as hell so definitely passing on this game. Also when it comes to remedy they usually give me a 6-8 hour game I will never play again so uh, I'll probably buy it for $20 when it gets to that price point but not before.

Never heard before , saw trailer and honestly not interested. 3rd person shooters with additional power moves always seemed cheap gameplay to me

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Literally looks like a Qauntum Break sequel in all but name and QB was meh as hell so definitely passing on this game. Also when it comes to remedy they usually give me a 6-8 hour game I will never play again so uh, I'll probably buy it for $20 when it gets to that price point but not before.
    I was assuming more Quantum break but without major spoilers it looks like the game might actually be a sequel to Alan Wake which is what has me interested.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    If you haven't even heard much about it CONTROL is a game set in a very bad day for an agent of 'The Federal Bureau of Contro.
    I've never heard of the game, outside of a blurb in GameStop's Insider, months ago.
    This game releases in like two days and i have seen absolutely no buzz for it which is genuinely surprising. I've honestly seen more people excited for Astral Chain which granted is the Platinum release following up Nier Auto mata so will generate interest on that alone but a third person sci-fi horror shooter from the Max Payne team is something you would think would generate some measure of interest.
    With all due respect, there is simply more hype for Astral Chain. I pre-ordered Astral Chain. People are talking about Astral Chain.

Sorry, nobody is talking about Control .. ah heh "CONTROL. I'm sure it's a great game.

CONTROL. Does it have microtransactions? First-party Nintendo ninendo games, generally do not.

[gonna pick Astral-Chain]
    Last edited by Vineri; 2019-08-26 at 12:20 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Do you remember remember me? yeah

Never heard before.

Someone said its EGS exclusive. No way I will even think if it any further than this.

So... no interest at all.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was alittle interest in the trailer till I heard it was an exclusive to egs, and then my interest died

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    I've heard of the game multiple times before but incredibly of what we know about the game it's still extremely vague about what you're doing in it.
    That was my same exact thought after seeing a few screenshots and trailers of it.

I remember a post-mortem where the developer compared two of their games and said something to the effect of "It wasn't obvious what the player was going to be doing in game 1, so game 2 sold better". Basically, if you can't sum up the "fun" part of a game in two or three words, its going to be tougher to sell a game.

And !@#$. A picture is worth a thousand words, and I couldn't really determine what the fun part was from the video trailers. Regardless of the game's quality, the marketing here is awful.

Really excited to play this game, don't even care that its an EGS exclusive because all that matters is the game itself, not the launcher.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hadn't heard about it before, but I like the concept as described. Honestly, there is just too much on my list right now to really check this one out, though. Maybe I'll pick it up on a discount in the future. Nintendo is pretty much going to own my September, though.

I got it on PS4 and so far i'm enjoying it. The combat isn't as brainless as Alan Wakes but its close. This really feels like a game where if you like Sam Lakes heavily Lynch and King influenced writing then thats probably what you go for here. It is very much a SCP containment breach game but with a more thought out if a little more grounded myhtology. Theres gonna be a lot of comparisons to The Oldset House and The Navidson Residence from House of Leaves from the few folks that know both and bought this. But it looks like going with the EGS killed pc user interest and console users dont seem to know it exists.

I've only played about an hour but so far its a really cool game, really looking forward to digging into this.

But it looks like going with the EGS killed pc user interest and console users dont seem to know it exists.
    Let's be serious anyone actually interested in playing the game won't let something as silly as a launcher stop them. No clue about consoles but I know I only heard about this game from a podcast after E3. But it's not like Remedy games have ever been super popular despite how good they are.

But it looks like going with the EGS killed pc user interest and console users dont seem to know it exists.
    It will bomb because it's an 8 hour SP shooter without a mind blowing story or big IP behind it. Or in other words the same reason every Remedy game post Max Payne has bombed. Not because of any of this. The EGS boycott is as real as the man on the moon and this game has a marketing agreement with the largest console and is all over the official PS youtube, twitter, big banner on front page of the PS Store etc. You have a funny way of saying they don't know it exists, because unless they can't read they definitely do.

0 as I have no idea what the game is about and heard about it for the first time just now.

Story sounds interesting, loved Alan Wake but EGS exclusive? Thanks but i'll pass.