Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    Maybe that's exactly their goal though. Maybe their whole plan is for a soft launch. Let the device get out there for a while. Collect data, troubleshoot, improve, then do a full marketing blitz.

Another thing to consider is the economics of it. Consoles historically have be a loss leader. They need to advertise the shit out of things so they can sell consoles to then make money off the software. It wouldn't surprise me if Google makes a profit from the sale of Stadia.

The final point you keep dancing around is the target market. You keep looking at it through the lens of a serious gamer. That's the minority. You bring up Dark Souls, which is a very niche game. The fact is, casuals now dominate the gaming scene. If they're going after the money, that's where it is. Not all games require high twitch response, or 4k graphics. One of the big positives of the Switch is how portable it is.

Stadia definitely has its flaws, but it also definitely has a market segment of significant size that it could appeal to. It just doesn't seem like you're in that segment. As someone who travels a lot, if they improve their game library, I could definitely see myself picking one up.
    "Their goal was to have a shit launch and then make a come back later".

Yea ok guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Don't be obtuse. Clearly it's not about PvP. But the PvE campaign.
    Both are playable in multiplayer. You're still wrong and just further prove you made a wild assumption and don't actually know how Demon's Souls plays.

xCloud wins, this thread is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    "Their goal was to have a shit launch and then make a come back later".

Yea ok guy.
    I see you're completely arguing in bad faith. Stay classy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    PvP is irrelevant. Not to mention the latency didn't prevent it from happening. No one plays those games solely for PvP. It's the PvE they are praised for.
    Stupid stuff just comes out of your month like diarrhea after Taco Bell?

No, they don't. The target audience doesn't want to play using the mouse and keyboard.
    How do you know this? Where does Google say is or isn't the target audience?
    The only people who want m/kb for the console are those who also play on PC. I wouldn't mind m/kb for consoles. But no, consoles do not need to accommodate me. Besides, there are third parties who do exactly that.
    I don't think console owners would complain if it got support for m/kb. Except when they're online playing against others with m/kb.

Just like there were 3rd parties to bring gamepads to PCs before they were fully supported by windows and steam. Especially if you wanted to use Dualshock ones.
    Why do you continue to say things you don't know? Gamepads were always supported on PC, as far back as the DOS days of gaming. I had and probably still have the Microsoft Sidewinder where it plugged into the game port in the back of sound cards. Before there was USB, there was the game port. It was always fully supported on PC, including the original Doom for DOS.

I see you're completely arguing in bad faith. Stay classy.
    Says the guy who says their marketing and product was bad on purpose? Yes, stay classy indeed. If you really thought that was a well thought out counter point well...

Not to mention you entered a discussion with a guy claiming they had good marketing, and tried to spin it into something completely different. The literal definition of arguing in bad faith, pot meet kettle much?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    xCloud wins, this thread is pointless.
    No Cloud Gaming service wins anything. The only difference between Stadia and xCloud is that Microsoft won't claim anything beyond what an Xbox can do. Which strangely makes Microsoft honest. I think hell just froze over. Stadia's mistakes is that they advertised something that was deceptive. Stadia doesn't play games at 4k 60fps, and requiring their Chromecast Ultra was a dick move that just adds 100ms of latency for no reason other than Google must be overstocked with this crap and can't sell them fast enough. Also none of the features that was advertised on Stadia is available and you can't just run a Chrome browser and use Stadia like it was expected. xCloud will run into the same issues as Stadia in terms of latency, so long as they don't include a useless TV dongle.

Eh, stadia loses based off the sub fee and then still needing to buy the games themselves.

I keep up a PSnow sub, and it works fine for me honestly, but I live mid US so may be close to servers. But I can play whatever I want on there without purchasing the game which is awesome, and I can play it on my PC which has the better setup then the PS4.

Eh, I've got xcloud. Works great and my internet is average at best. Even works well over my cellular network. I wouldn't use it over my PC or xbox if I was home, but the idea of being able to take my game and saves on the go with me is great.

Says the guy who says their marketing and product was bad on purpose? Yes, stay classy indeed. If you really thought that was a well thought out counter point well...

Not to mention you entered a discussion with a guy claiming they had good marketing, and tried to spin it into something completely different. The literal definition of arguing in bad faith, pot meet kettle much?
    I'd suggest working on your reading comprehension skills. They seem to be in some desperate need of work. The literal first word of my post was maybe. You mock my opinion, when yours is equally as invalid. Unless you have some first hand knowledge of the boardroom of Google, you don't know what their plans were. What their goals were. Your opinion on whether their marketing campaign was "good" or "bad" without that information is about as valid as asking the hobo down the street.

The potential is still there for their marketing to indeed be "good". You're simply basing everything off of what you perceive Stadia to be, and what you think is a good marketing campaign. Your instant willingness to blatantly misquote people and mock them for it shows your complete lack of character and incredibly myopic view of business. But hey, stroke your hate boner. I prefer to actually understand something before spouting off my opinion like gospel.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd suggest working on your reading comprehension skills. They seem to be in some desperate need of work. The literal first word of my post was maybe. You mock my opinion, when yours is equally as invalid. Unless you have some first hand knowledge of the boardroom of Google, you don't know what their plans were. What their goals were. Your opinion on whether their marketing campaign was "good" or "bad" without that information is about as valid as asking the hobo down the street.

The potential is still there for their marketing to indeed be "good". You're simply basing everything off of what you perceive Stadia to be, and what you think is a good marketing campaign. Your instant willingness to blatantly misquote people and mock them for it shows your complete lack of character and incredibly myopic view of business. But hey, stroke your hate boner. I prefer to actually understand something before spouting off my opinion like gospel.
    Or you know, phil harrison is bad at his job and is 3/3 for terrible console launches

The potential is still there for their marketing to indeed be "good".
    lmao.

If they couldn't even be bothered to market it before and right at it's launch they aren't gonna market it after it's already dead.

It's amazing how many circles you're trying to run in just to play contrarian, but it's really not working on anyone. Sorry dude.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Or you know, phil harrison is bad at his job and is 3/3 for terrible console launches
    Dude is probably out of luck on getting a job now.

PS3 launch- fumbled
    Xbox One launch- fumbled
    Stadia launch- I would say fumbled but they didn't even snap the ball

Somewhere along the line in there he also tanked infogames/Atari and resigned from that company as well.

Nintendo isn't stupid enough to hire this guy, he's gonna have to find a new industry. Maybe a 3rd party like EA might be dumb enough to fall for snake oil lol.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-12-01 at 05:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    lmao.

If they couldn't even be bothered to market it before and right at it's launch they aren't gonna market it after it's already dead.

It's amazing how many circles you're trying to run in just to play contrarian, but it's really not working on anyone. Sorry dude.

- - - Updated - - -

PS3 launch- fumbled
    Xbox One launch- fumbled

Somewhere along the line in there he also tanked infogames/Atari and resigned from that company as well.

Nintendo isn't stupid enough to hire this guy, he's gonna have to find a new industry. Maybe a 3rd party like EA might be dumb enough to fall for snake oil lol.
    He probably got a big enough signing bonus from google to retire anyway

He probably got a big enough signing bonus from google to retire anyway
    Considering he likes to waste other people's money I wonder how good he is with his own.

7+ Year Old Account
    lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

PS3 launch- fumbled
    Xbox One launch- fumbled

I find it hilarious, that he got Google to hire him and pay for his snake oil, DESPITE how badly he failed Sony and Microsoft. Are they really that clueless? Damn, I'm in the wrong line of work. I need to come up with some snake oil, get Google to hire me, get a ton of money from them, make a failed product, and retire.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    I find it hilarious, that he got Google to hire him and pay for his snake oil, DESPITE how badly he failed Sony and Microsoft. Are they really that clueless? Damn, I'm in the wrong line of work. I need to come up with some snake oil, get Google to hire me, get a ton of money from them, make a failed product, and retire.
    Eh, that's only great if it actually works and you get noticed by the right idiots, like the higher ups at google/alphabet or the Musks of this world. It's way easier to scam between a couple 100k to a few millions from idiots with crowdfunding. Just say you invented <insert something people have been going on about for years/decades> and then sell it via some half-baked bullshit marketing video and a 2-5 year roadmap. Extrapoints if you can scam some puplic funds as well.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Once again, you need to understand the goal before you can judge the result.

- - - Updated - - -

lmao.

I am indeed running circles around you. You're standing in one spot, looking straight down, and saying "It isn't exactly right here! This is a total failure!". In reality meanwhile, there are a lot of other outcomes of where it actually should be, but you're blind to it, because it doesn't fit your narrative.

What is especially hilarious, is that based on your view of the product, their marketing actually is good. If they also believed like you that the product is terrible, then no amount of marketing is going to save it. So spending very little / selectively marketing IS the right way to go.

15+ Year Old Account
    Once again, you need to understand the goal before you can judge the result.

- - - Updated - - -

I am indeed running circles around you. You're standing in one spot, looking straight down, and saying "It isn't exactly right here! This is a total failure!". In reality meanwhile, there are a lot of other outcomes of where it actually should be, but you're blind to it, because it doesn't fit your narrative.

What is especially hilarious, is that based on your view of the product, their marketing actually is good. If they also believed like you that the product is terrible, then no amount of marketing is going to save it. So spending very little / selectively marketing IS the right way to go.
    Well if his goal was to make his systems sell bad hes pretty good at that

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's a case where they're trying to pull a tax scam by making a "failure". Like in the Producers.

This is a total failure
    Yes, yes it is. Have fun trying to prove anyway that it isn't a failure.

their marketing actually is good.
    It would have to exist to be good.

- - - Updated - - -

Well if his goal was to make his systems sell bad hes pretty good at that
    Krastyn is actually Phil Harrison which is why he is so mad about the fact people are saying he was behind another flop.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, yes it is. Have fun trying to prove anyway that it isn't a failure.

It would have to exist to be good.

- - - Updated - - -

Krastyn is actually Phil Harrison which is why he is so mad about the fact people are saying he was behind another flop.
    An easy tell its phil is if you call xbox one xbone instead of the one