Page 1 of 2
LastLast

About the DK eyes

Hey guys. Remember some of you i did a complaint post about the previous PTR eyes? Ok now this ones are a bit better, imo, and NO BULBS xD

But what do you think yourself?

(i can't find my post.)

this i like

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

10+ Year Old Account
    Any examples for other races? Blood Elves always had the easier time with DK glow effects cause it was part of their base racial model.

Otherwise it looks solid, more intimidating than before.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Any examples for other races? Blood Elves always had the easier time with DK glow effects cause it was part of their base racial model.

Otherwise it looks solid, more intimidating than before.
    Certainly i agree with that!

About others examples i don't know, just blood elves. But i can post here if i see something

They properly glow instead of having a texture layered on top of them, I actually really dig it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

In all honesty, it looks a lot better now. Kind of gives more depth to them, unlike previous variations (default included) with static blue glow in front of eyes.

/shrug

The only time I really get a good look at the front of my characters is the character selection screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Hey guys. Remember some of you i did a complaint post about the previous PTR eyes? Ok now this ones are a bit better, imo, and NO BULBS xD

But what do you think yourself?

(i can't find my post.)
    That is white walker scary. Bravo art team!

Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    That is white walker scary. Bravo art team!
    It actually puts some respect. I was on PTR looking at all of them, looks so damn good! Might not be the final product but it's so well done, touching a bit more or not doesn't matter, like this is crazy good.

Reminds me of the Jailer eyes.

Or a bat in the dark! i like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    They properly glow instead of having a texture layered on top of them, I actually really dig it.
    Ye the other one kind of even passed through the cheeks, would project on their cheeks. Not the previous PTR, i mean the old live retail glow.

At the end of the day it's just less glow and comes down to personal taste. The eyes still look like a single-color filled bmp. While I don't expect highly detailed eyes, a bit more than 1.5 circles and some transparency/reflection would have been nice.

Maybe it looks better in motion, in screenshots it's not that much of a difference to me.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    At the end of the day it's just less glow and comes down to personal taste. The eyes still look like a single-color filled bmp. While I don't expect highly detailed eyes, a bit more than 1.5 circles and some transparency/reflection would have been nice.

Maybe it looks better in motion, in screenshots it's not that much of a difference to me.
    It's different, if you go PTR you can see, it's actually nice. I'm happy they changed it.

actually very haunting now, looks great

3+ Year Old Account
    Now they need to make it that you can have wispy eyes like the Lich King/Bwonsamdi. Now THAT would be epic!
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post

Not true, they've completely changed how the glow is generated and it's point of origin. No more torch lights, no more clipping, and you can actually see the texture of the eyes. It's far more than just turning down the dial on the glow meter.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Looks so good on PTR now

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Not true, they've completely changed how the glow is generated and it's point of origin. No more torch lights, no more clipping, and you can actually see the texture of the eyes. It's far more than just turning down the dial on the glow meter.
    They basically removed the floating sprites in front of the eyes and made the actual eyes emissive.
    It looks better, doesnt obscure the eye texture nor the eyelids
    Last edited by pacotaco; 2019-11-24 at 03:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...t-glowing-eyes

your Original Thread.

as we said in that, the first set of changes you saw were exactly that.. works in progress. a layering of the eyes were happening. and now you see the difference as more layers were added, nothing to worry about.

to the point, yes, the way the eyes are rendered now is a much better improvement over the old style. glad this will happen to other eye colors/types.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

That's good , but I liked the lights off version too . Would have been too good to trigger alliance high elf fanatics

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...t-glowing-eyes

your Original Thread.

as we said in that, the first set of changes you saw were exactly that.. works in progress. a layering of the eyes were happening. and now you see the difference as more layers were added, nothing to worry about.

to the point, yes, the way the eyes are rendered now is a much better improvement over the old style. glad this will happen to other eye colors/types.
    Ah, thanks i couldn't find it! Yes i would be really disappointed if it stayed how it was previously. And ofc, you were right it would have progress but i was kind of afraid they wouldn't work on it much and stayed like that.

I can say i'm actually happy now, how it is, it's looking good, and knowing the direction they are going into now, i can say now i like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    That's good , but I liked the lights off version too . Would have been too good to trigger alliance high elf fanatics
    LOL, don't tell me about it. I even got banned because of that 3 days lol

I liked previous one.
    Cold... dead and empty, like death feels like.