Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I have no problem with War Mode returning, so long as they stop trying to tie PvE progression to it (ie the 10-30% buffs). If PvP can't stand up on it's own, don't try to dangle a carrot in front of the players to make it more enticing.
    Maybe you need to realize they need to do that because there's not a massive engagement in world PvP otherwise. Without it what would all these 120's do apart from going around ganking low levels with their micropenis syndrome?!

Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    This biggest problem is theres no incentives to play alliance even with the bonuses. Horde has objectively better races, better lore, more active role in the story, a better raiding community, and better racials. Even in a world where all those things are far less of an issue and no warmode(Classic), you are seeing servers with 99% Horde which in my opinion is FAR worse than Warmode ever could be.
    That isn't a single "objectively" thing in your post.

This is something that community did themselves.
    And it was inevitable. Trying to split community in exact half would absolutely never work unless it was forced.
    Even having 0.0000000000000% difference in racials wouldn't save it.
    Simply because you play where your friends play, and people flock to where the "best ones" play. And since there is only one "first place", you guessed it.

Also having "servers" is outdated idea.

Always had WM on, no matter the lvl, class or faction. Been ganked my fair share. Done my fair share of ganking back. Actually noticed that there are often enough funny business going on at STV, even in retail. Theres always horde ganking in Darkshire and I suppose alliance 120s go hunting for them there and take revenge on lower lvl players in STV. Anyway, from that it often times creates these quite fun World PvP scenarios and fights. I have parked my rogue there and log on from time to time, checking if theres any 120s up for a fight.

But I gotta say, that in these scenarios flying really takes the sting out of it. To many people just hover high up in the air waiting for the right moment. Easy to get away too. Atleast when everyone is on ground there are more tactics and planning to it.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Always had WM on, no matter the lvl, class or faction. Been ganked my fair share. Done my fair share of ganking back. Actually noticed that there are often enough funny business going on at STV, even in retail. Theres always horde ganking in Darkshire and I suppose alliance 120s go hunting for them there and take revenge on lower lvl players in STV. Anyway, from that it often times creates these quite fun World PvP scenarios and fights. I have parked my rogue there and log on from time to time, checking if theres any 120s up for a fight.

But I gotta say, that in these scenarios flying really takes the sting out of it. To many people just hover high up in the air waiting for the right moment. Easy to get away too. Atleast when everyone is on ground there are more tactics and planning to it.
    With amounts of snares and stuns in the game there would be no friggin way for a solo player to get away from a gank squad without flying. And it is hard enough already, sometimes you need to find just that right point to rez to have the few seconds you need to mount. If there was no flying the slower classes would always be caught up by Demon Hunters, Rogues, Monks and such, slowed and re-killed again and again.

War mode is great. If I don't want to deal with horde ganking me every 5 minutes I can just prevent them from doing so.

The only thing I'd change is removing the pve bonuses from having it turned on. How about we get pvp bonuses for enabling pvp instead if we have to have bonuses at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SLRRP View Post
    THANK YOU!!! THIS GUY GETS IT!

I'm so sick of the shortsighted "Errr just turn it off" comments. The game intentionally waives a ton of benefits in front of you and apologist players can't seem to comprehend why the feeling of having to turn them away sucks. So I get to choose between passing on benefits and getting my game experience completely ruined by getting ganked? Gee thanks devs!
    It's less "apologists" and more "you choose the risk to get the reward" - unlike the pure stupidity about telling people to "just not use flying mounts". If you're allergic to player interaction to the point of "completely ruining your game experience" by getting into PvP once an hour or less, is a 10-30% bonus to AP and Coalescing Visions really worth it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    War mode is great. If I don't want to deal with horde ganking me every 5 minutes I can just prevent them from doing so.

The only thing I'd change is removing the pve bonuses from having it turned on. How about we get pvp bonuses for enabling pvp instead if we have to have bonuses at all.
    What kind of PvP bonuses would that be? Purely cosmetics? Nobody would have War Mode on then, just like nobody had PvP on on normal servers.

I don't like, that you get a bonus from it for leveling and everything else. Either you like wPvP or you don't.

I do it on horde side becuase i get 10% for basically doing PvP every few days if i accidantly attack an alliance character. I try not to because it is annoying for me and for him as he gets swarmed with 50 Horde chars immediatly.

The 30% for alliance is also annoying. I think Warmode in itself is fine. Everyone always rave about that they want it back because it is so fun. Remove PvE boni from it and let people who like it do it because it is fun. Don't bribe peeople into using it if they don't really wan't to.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Maybe you need to realize they need to do that because there's not a massive engagement in world PvP otherwise. Without it what would all these 120's do apart from going around ganking low levels with their micropenis syndrome?!
    Eh well to be fair, there wouldn't be any lowbies on War Mode for the extreme minority of high level gankers to kill if there was no exp bonus. What is it with people who are afraid of PvP and vastly overstating how bad it is? Did you have War Mode on for an hour, get ganked twice, and assume that's always how it is? Do you just want to feel better about hiding from it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I think Warmode in itself is fine. Everyone always rave about that they want it back because it is so fun. Remove PvE boni from it and let people who like it do it because it is fun. Don't bribe peeople into using it if they don't really wan't to.
    What rewards would you put on it, assuming you have the insight that purely cosmetics wouldn't make many have it on?

Most PvP'ers don't actually want PvP. They want to stomp on people. That's why they twink and engage in "world PvP". Because it gives them all the advantages of preparedness.

It's silly for such a marginal group to hold a PVE MMORPG hostage.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    What kind of PvP bonuses would that be? Purely cosmetics? Nobody would have War Mode on then, just like nobody had PvP on on normal servers.
    Oh, believe me, if War Mode rewards would be unique transmog/mounts/pets, it would be much stronger incentive than 10-25% more of some currency. And of course we would have 10x more whining about War Mode bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Oh, believe me, if War Mode rewards would be unique transmog/mounts/pets, it would be much stronger incentive than 10-25% more of some currency. And of course we would have 10x more whining about War Mode bonuses.
    Since the number of people who use it in that case would entirely depend on how good the cosmetics are, how easy they are to get, etc that's pretty hard to say. What can be said though is that the split between PvE and PvP players on War Mode would shift even more towards PvE players than it is currently. Fewer PvPers and more PvEers, most likely.

Eh well to be fair, there wouldn't be any lowbies on War Mode for the extreme minority of high level gankers to kill if there was no exp bonus. What is it with people who are afraid of PvP and vastly overstating how bad it is? Did you have War Mode on for an hour, get ganked twice, and assume that's always how it is? Do you just want to feel better about hiding from it?

- - - Updated - - -

What rewards would you put on it, assuming you have the insight that purely cosmetics wouldn't make many have it on?
    I don't think there shoud be rewards other than honor kills and achivments maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Rune B View Post
    Most PvP'ers don't actually want PvP. They want to stomp on people. That's why they twink and engage in "world PvP". Because it gives them all the advantages of preparedness.

It's silly for such a marginal group to hold a PVE MMORPG hostage.
    Wow, spoken like someone with at most 1k HKs. Sweet fuck, do you do this kind of self deluding in real life too?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think there shoud be rewards other than honor kills and achivments maybe
    Right, so you have no insight or sense for game design, you just want to not be incentivized yourself.

Wow, spoken like someone with at most 1k HKs. Sweet fuck, do you do this kind of self deluding in real life too?

- - - Updated - - -

Right, so you have no insight or sense for game design, you just want to not be incentivized yourself.
    Sure. Whatever you say.
    Give them mounts for all i care. Just don't give wPvP a stupid XP, currency and rep boost.
    I honestly believe that the majority of wow players have no real interest in PvP.

Rewards in wow come mostly from instanced stuff. Why would it be different for PvP? Open world rewards come from quests. Why would i level faster just because i play PvP? In the past you decided by choosing a realm and that was it. No extra rewards needed.

Why now? Why is it needed? Or is it wPvP is just not fun for most people and you want to bribe them into using it?
    Mythic+ has no real rewards at some point but people do it for prestige anyway.

In the past you decided by choosing a realm and that was it. No extra rewards needed.
    That's very true. You didn't get any PvE bonuses for playing on a PvP server so you shouldn't get any from enabling war mode. You got more honor points naturally, that should be the only incentive.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    With amounts of snares and stuns in the game there would be no friggin way for a solo player to get away from a gank squad without flying. And it is hard enough already, sometimes you need to find just that right point to rez to have the few seconds you need to mount. If there was no flying the slower classes would always be caught up by Demon Hunters, Rogues, Monks and such, slowed and re-killed again and again.
    Yeah I know. The good thing with flying is that its easier to get away. I just ment that Wpvp when it do happens(max lvl players fighting) is much more interesting when everyone is on ground. Right now you spend more time looking at the skybox than whats happening on the ground.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Alliance will keep it off next expansion until flying is enabled. Otherwise they're bringing it on themselves when they get constantly ganked due to insane number difference.

I enjoy warmode quite a bit myself. I'm not a big pvper, but when I'm done with other content in the game I like to turn it on and do some open pvp stuff. It's pretty cool you can just opt in and opt out. I really don't understand what is negative about it.

Warmode might be the single best pvp update to the game ever.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeOculus View Post
    Bring back PvP realms.

World PvP is outdated and serves no purpose other than giving yourself satisfaction you killed someone with unfair advantages.
    You would never even try to engage in a fair fight, so cut the nonsense you wanna answer to that.
    It's only there so you can flex on the low level and groupless.

And that's only sparking frustration and toxicity.
    "Bring back PvP realms."

*proceeds to list bunch of reasons why PvP realms are terrible*

Yeah, no thank you.

If reputation bonus is also applied to the warmode buff then I would definitely put warmode on, I dont need more resources or gold from it and no1 does turn it on for those reasons. But a pve`er who wants to farm reputation for a mount would definitely take a 10% rep bonus.

Also bring resillience gear back, because right now it doesnt matter what gear you have in World PVP, as long its a higher item lvl. In the past those who wanted to pvp could just set their goal in getting the best resillience gear so that they could gank people in pvp BUT their dps in pve was also lower (20% ish) if both players of the same spec with the same skill did a raidboss. This system was perfect, I even remember that I tried to kill a hordy in those times and then found out that I made a big mistake by attacking someone with resillience gear. I doctor zoidberged the hell away from that guy.