Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What bugs me is Blizzard's continued lying that "the PvE rewards are to balance the time lost by potential PvP." Come on, you know it, we all know it, the PvE rewards are there to convince people who have no interest in PvP to opt in. They could easily remove the PvE bonuses and just make it so that completing quests in warmode gives you some amount of Honor or Conquest. Oh wow, look at that, a PvP reward for a PvP system. Wow that was so hard to design. And look, 80% of the people stopped using it.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Warmode just isn't needed. /PvP still exists as a way to separate those who want to WPvP and those who don't. Instead of just promoting this old feature, warmode was made and problems came with it such as phasing.
    Doesn't work, does nothing on pvp realms. Absolutely nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    There are no pvp realms

15+ Year Old Account
    There are only Normal and RP realms now. Any PvP realm was converted to a normal one when Warmode was introduced. The /pvp toggle still works to flag you when outside of warmode. Hardly ever used but is still has some uses.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

What if in addition to Warmode being turned on there is an additional flag the player turns on in order to get an actual bonus, that flag only gives the bonus if you've attacked or been attached by a player of the opposite faction in the last X minutes. The longer you engage in PvP, the longer that flag stays "up" giving you the bonus?

I dunno.

warmode is only useful for the pvp abilities, like for example greater pyro....it works great on mobs and elites, especially if you lack gear and its an alt mage.

But warmode could have been so much more!

warmode could have used exclusively that classic rank system and only honor earned solo or in small groups earned in wpvp, counts.

reps could have been added, for me filling reputation bars only was enjoyable in legion doing falcosaurs and collecting marks of prey.

but the reality just is, warmode is a meat grinder, divided in shards, where the dominating faction is either farming the other faction, or people are forever searching for victims in dead zones.

instead of shard tech added, i would put in "duel tech", similar to sub rogues pvp talent shadowy duel, removing you and your opponent from the eyes of any third party, just for a way longer amount of time.

It could be interesting to explore this field of pvp engagement and naturally its clear that stealth classes/high mobility classes will have advantages in 1vs1 wpvp, but devs could come up with engineer items and toys/gadgets to equalize that unbalance.

In any case, i love to see how a spec like feral, suddenly has a reasion to exist and a meaning of life back, even tho i don't play one, but i honest the idea of having a purpose for each class/spec.

I mean, if visions can reward solo progression, warmode could be another way to do so, just in a way more complex fashion - as visions are very scripted and restricted once you have seen it all and pve in wow is usally always to do it as a team, while pvp is about the numbers of your opponents that you could possible HK.

Sadly, I can't imagine it ever going back because they removed PvP servers. Which...sucks.

There are no pvp realms
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    There are only Normal and RP realms now. Any PvP realm was converted to a normal one when Warmode was introduced. The /pvp toggle still works to flag you when outside of warmode. Hardly ever used but is still has some uses.
    Obviously I was talking about pre-warmode time

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously I was talking about pre-warmode time
    I liked blizzard's reasons to get rid of PvP servers. Gotta keep in mind that even though they're called "PvE" servers that doesn't mean they're devoid of PvP. PvP-optional is a better term to call them. Those servers had a form of war mode long before war mode was a thing.

failure ? wm is the best thing they ever added to the game. I was forced to play on a pvp server since thats where my guild and irl friends wanted to play. I have never done pvp, i never want to do pvp and i have no interrest what so ever in being attacked by other players when im deep into questing, attacking rares etc. Now we can all play together and enjoy the part of game we want to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I love Warmode. I moved from a PvP realm on which I played for 10 years to Draenor (EU) back in Legion for raiding purposes. I missed having WPvP as an option, so I feel like exactly the person WM was designed for.

Never had any sort of issue with it.
    and i am exactly the same, just the other way. wm off and never had a problem with it. Both of us are happy

I liked blizzard's reasons to get rid of PvP servers. Gotta keep in mind that even though they're called "PvE" servers that doesn't mean they're devoid of PvP. PvP-optional is a better term to call them. Those servers had a form of war mode long before war mode was a thing.
    Might of varied per server granted but it wasn't common to see world pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by vincink View Post
    WM was a much-needed improvement to the PVP system in WoW. WM should stay. In fact, it should be the baseline for all PVP experience going forward.

Regarding the specific +30% bonus, I think it's a fair bonus where the disparity warrants it. On servers Horde-dominated, the Alliance should be rewarded for genuine effort to participate in PVP. Otherwise, Alliance players continue to step further away from anything and all things PVP, which ends up killing PVP altogether.

Of course, servers are now cross-realm so it really doesn't matter. Nevertheless, if the sum of players is heavy Horde, then the Alliance should receive the bonus. And vice-versa.

It's a good system with opportunities for improvement.
    Don't you think they should focus more on instanced PVP? And not "wpvp" (gank fest)

Like- better rewards from random bgs? rated bgs? rated arenas?

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Don't you think they should focus more on instanced PVP? And not "wpvp" (gank fest)

the rewards of random bgs are a complete mess and on par with WQ, just you get rewards way faster and more specific by that than bgs, i wonder why so many people still doing them?

Imagine this, back in TBC random bgs gave gladiator epics of last season and last season had not that big ilvl cap as in later expansion. The result was, everyone was in those random bgs competing, no matter if pvp player or not.

I provided ideas in a previous post, how to solve wpvp and reducing its gank fest and make it more like a good progression and source of gear.

Just add duel tech, anti vanish powder, ashes reducing healing by 90%, tanks 100% more dmg on them, and everyone will be happy playing a dd in wpvp and find their opponent to compete for titles and rewards.

Its quite easy to make wpvp great again, tbh.

Blizzard had some nice ideas during MoP, WoD and Legion - if they learned and envolved from this some good wpvp can happen.

Problem with BfA is, they added warmode, but no complex reward system to back it up.

Bounty and assassin systems feel like a very big failure...thats not quite enough and pretty annoying,too.

WoD had better ideas, but empty draenor servers.

How did warmode fail? i think it works fine.

5+ Year Old Account

World of Warcraft was a world PVP game before it had any concept of instanced PVP. There should be incentives to engage in world PVP.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    How did warmode fail? i think it works fine.
    It didn't, OP is just being OP

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    failure ? wm is the best thing they ever added to the game. I was forced to play on a pvp server since thats where my guild and irl friends wanted to play. I have never done pvp, i never want to do pvp and i have no interrest what so ever in being attacked by other players when im deep into questing, attacking rares etc. Now we can all play together and enjoy the part of game we want to.

- - - Updated - - -

and i am exactly the same, just the other way. wm off and never had a problem with it. Both of us are happy
    How do you play together tho? You either opt in to warmode to play with them, which you say you don't like, or they opt out to play with you which they prob don't like if they wanted pvp realm... So how is this a solution? Or is this solely about instanced stuff?
    Last edited by Lei; 2020-07-07 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    Failure warmode? Is this low tier bait or people are actually agaisnt one of the best features of BfA?
    i don't think its a bait thread when i played retail i was forced to have war mode on for the bonuses despite hating pvp the 30% ap was just too good at the start of a new imo war mode was a failure because the reward system for participating was a failure even with 30% bonus alliance (my faction) still weren't using war mode as much as horde was. which is why most see war mode as a whole as a failure

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Zarupia View Post
    What you consider a failure others may consider this a succes.

Warmode is fine and if your so triggered of alliance having +30% bonus then reroll alliance or just ignore it and enjoy playing horde.

It's not that big of a deal.
    i think you missed the point, the ops point is that since alliance has had the 30% boons since launch it means that in the op's eyes any and every attempt blizz has made to get alliance to do some wpvp has failed therefor they deem the system a failure

- - - Updated - - -

yes and no

they should give pvprs more bgs and arenas yes and iirc bliz want to add the honor and conquest vendors but i think the WM in shadowlands should ONLY reward players with a way to to buy the rewards form those vendors.

so to recap add honor and conquest vendors back in
    remove the % bonus buffs
    wqs and bonus objectives completed with wm active will only award honor. conquest and gold

if you turn off war mode you get your usual gear/anima form world quests like you do currently

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    How do you play together tho? You either opt in to warmode to play with them, which you say you don't like, or they opt out to play with you which they prob don't like if they wanted pvp realm... So how is this a solution? Or is this solely about instanced stuff?
    raids and mythic+, but most importanty, the guild. Can't remember the last time i did anything out in the world with someone

The only part of Warmode that probably doesn't work is specifically requiring other players to match for Summoning Stones when doing things like Mythic Plus. If players could just summon people by themselves at the Summoning Stones, Warmode would be more fine than it already is. And as it is, having to have a person match types at Stone hasn't turned out to be that big an inconvenience anyway - the buff of not having to PvP on realms that for all intents and purposes are actually used for raiding with huge faction imbalance ratios are better off with an option for Warmode and especially players who may not want to interact with world PvP at all having the option to opt out on any realm is an important and good option.