Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Shitty freedom.

A human male falls in love with an elf female.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Lord of the Rings?

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind?

There's several that "kinda" fit the last one like The Meg and The Abyss.
    correct. the last one was inspired by somebody who really loved his craft

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    correct. the last one was inspired by somebody who really loved his craft
    The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou then?

Lord of the Rings?
    Try again. :P To narrow it down a bit, there's a war between two factions going on in the story.
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    The Purge?
    No. Small hint, it's a horror comedy.

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou then?
    nope, but it is a fairly obscure one to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by Zero3 View Post
    Star Wars: The Last Jedi? ( while it's not out yet, i'm thinking of the baby yoda picture that's posted everywhere )

My movie : white wanting to be black
    it's baby yoda

- - - Updated - - -

nathanos and sylvanas
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Uh...guess I am out..beyond Shawn of the Dead or Tucker and Dale vs Evil I don't know that many
    Tucker and Dale was actually what I meant. I guess if you didn't connect the dots despite knowing the movie my description was too shit ^^'

Heart-gripping drama about a woman trying to escape her everyday life between her terminally ill mother and her seemingly perfect boyfriend by starting an affair with his best friend.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2019-11-30 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    nathanos and sylvanas
    One guess down, a million to go! Another hint: It's the first and only romance of that variety in the story, so that crosses out WoW, which has at least three. :P Looking at you, Windrunners!

Speeding this up as well, it's on Netflix.

Speeding this up as well, it's on Netflix.
    Urgh, damn. With that I'm officially out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    A repeat with added detail from page 14 list.

After the death of his brother, a decorated Army veteran returns home and decides to take on the local Crime Boss. Concurrently, an award-winning criminal gets out of jail but has difficulty adapting to changing fashions.

An aged magic-user is sought out for the purpose of slaying a Troublesome dragon. The magic user finds a novel way to travel to the dragon's location.

A group of aspiring "going to be" International criminals co-opts an underage individual into joining them in their efforts.

Further hints.

We know the first one is a decorated Army veteran because we see his medals and he discusses them with another decorated Army veteran during the movie.

The 2nd and 3rd ones have a common actor - a well- known english stage and cinema actor long-since deceased. That should solve both of them.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Further hints.

We know the first one is a decorated Army veteran because we see his medals and he discusses them with another decorated Army veteran during the movie.

The 2nd and 3rd ones have a common actor - a well- known english stage and cinema actor long-since deceased. That should solve both of them.
    I have to shamefully admit I had to make some research on the Internet for these ones... So call me a cheater, I suppose...

Dragonslayer and Time Bandits. The actor is Ralph Richardson. Never seen the first movie. The second I have seen once or twice.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragonslayer is a decent movie with very good effects for its time. It was certainly the best dragon ever done at that time. the story may be a bit cliche but I enjoyed it a lot on theatrical release and it hasn't aged too badly overall. that said, I couldnt get my son to finish it at an appropriate age (9 or so)

The first one someone should get. The ex con with fashion issues is a classic scene.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2019-12-01 at 03:19 AM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

couple of potentially obscure movies staring fairly famous actors. in my effort not to make descriptions too easy, i may have made them more obscure then needed, but i'm going with it anyways :P

1. bored rich couple tries to take over the world with a help of classical art
    2. a foul mouthed thief saves christmas

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragonslayer is a decent movie with very good effects for its time. It was certainly the best dragon ever done at that time. the story may be a bit cliche but I enjoyed it a lot on theatrical release and it hasn't aged too badly overall. that said, I couldnt get my son to finish it at an appropriate age (9 or so)

The first one someone should get. The ex con with fashion issues is a classic scene.

this scene shows the plight of an award-winning ex-con upon returning to his former life. Antonio Fargas is the actor.

If you haven't seen this movie, you have missed something unique.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2019-12-01 at 03:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    couple of potentially obscure movies staring fairly famous actors. in my effort not to make descriptions too easy, i may have made them more obscure then needed, but i'm going with it anyways :P

1 is Hudson Hawk. I love that movie. Over the top, ridiculous, but I love it!
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post

2 maybe Bad Santa?

- - - Updated - - -

this scene shows the plight of an award-winning ex-con upon returning to his former life. Antonio Fargas is the actor.

If you haven't seen this movie, you have missed something unique.
    Besides the movie being kinda old already part of the problem might have been that your descriptions were hinting at a drama or action movie. ^^'
    I only know I've heard of the movie but I'm unsure if I've ever seen it.

15+ Year Old Account
    1 - Guy's mother snacks on her ear and he has trouble with his mower.
    2 - Guy has visitors, literally.
    3 - A killer goes on a rolling adventure.
    4 - A teacher has an explosive time.
    5 - Janitor gets new job to help cop killing friend out of jail.
    6 - Boy digs hole and dances in the rain.
    7 - Two friends go on an arresting ride.
    8 - A doctor's stitches leave upset stomachs.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.