Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    umm...not sure

Should have stuck with this instead:

I'm not into cars and don't own one, but don't cars have to like, pass a safety quota/list/guidelines? as in, it has to crumble on impact as much as possible to dissipate the shock and also protect the pedestrian as much as possible? How will that truck pass those guidelines when it's all hard and just edges? Gonna need less edge on that meme

10+ Year Old Account

Imgur right about now.

TBH, if you like the retro vibe of Casette futurism, its a nice look. feel like it needed a bit more stylization to finish the look. Right now it looks like one of those generic future cars you'd see in the map of XCOM 2.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

So is the 500 mile range with full load or towing? Or is it with practically nothing inside

Alright Star Fox Truck.

I actually like it a lot. I wouldn't buy it because it's just too aggressively styled, and I'm a bit more relaxed, but I would definitely drive it on the right occasion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the 'I literally drew this when I was 7' meme.

Looks like they just threw a bunch a sheet metal around an engine.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2019-11-22 at 09:06 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

How the heck do you go from the first Tesla, which is quite a sleek and good looking car, to that absolute abomination?
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    The website reads like a sales add to French terrorists.

Imagine this angular sports tank in Nice.
    It's quite questionable if this thing would even get street approved in the EU. They pretty much ignore 40+ years of safety development the whole industry agreed on. And while there are loop holes that allowed vehicles like the G class to get it, Musk's pseudo-eco tank is probably still too far out to make the cut.

Also while we are at it, calling a load-bearing chasis (is that the proper english term?) exoskeleton is pure marketing wank. The idea is far from new.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-11-22 at 09:44 PM. Reason: oops that last sentence got borked badly.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Ok jokes aside, this thing shows that musk has no idea why cars are built the way they are. Making sharp edges into your design so that every pedestrian that gets hit by your car gets sheared in half instead of breaking a few bones, glass that doesn't shatter so you can't have easy access in case of an accident, the reason the metal deforms to absorb the impact of crashes .. oh my this hurts. Not just because it's fucking ugly.

Edit: Seriously, I want to see the crash test studies of this death trap.
    very good points, hadn't thought about that.

it one thing making a rolling fortress for the military but for civilian use, being able to smash the glass and cut off a roof is....kind of something you wouldn't want to not be able to do if you were in the position some one needed to do it.

Well, design speaking, its FUGLY.

But it's a first good step, toward the next generation of cars. And already perfect for any average american, in this day and age, since it's bulletproof.

Also, for real, it's cheap, I was expecting waaaay more expensive than that oO

What the fuck is that thing? Why did they make it so "liney"..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howel View Post
    How the heck do you go from the first Tesla, which is quite a sleek and good looking car, to that absolute abomination?
    Elon mush has smoked a really huge blunt this time

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Ah. I would say I'm surprised to see you quoting PragerU. But that would be a lie. And speaking of lies, that's pretty much all they peddle...and this topic is no exception.
    The good ol reliable "youtuber" Potholer and his obnoxious echo.

Wow, it really does look like a low-poly count Warthog from Halo!

It's super fucking ugly. I have to search my head to find an uglier car design.

I'm also unsure if this will be road legal. A tank on wheels with highly durable materials, very angular design and no crumple zones to speak of? That thing looks like a death trap to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    They went a little crazy with this one. Model Y is still my dream car.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    With proper slippery design, they may even be able to give enough juice to hold a truck at constant speeds on a sunny day, making battery power mostly needed for accelerating or inclines.
    Even assuming a 100% efficient solar panel and ignoring atmospheric losses, the area of 2 forty foot trailers would give you about 1/3rd as much power as the truck needs to maintain highway speed.

Though panels could still be useful for a bit of range extension or at least handling the auxiliary load.
    Last edited by Masark; 2019-11-22 at 11:48 PM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My thoughts are....it is ugly as shit. And I have no interest in electric automobiles of any kind to begin with. But at least make them look cool.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    America =/= the rest of the world when it comes to who uses certain types of energy.
    And this is why you should read an entire post before replying to it. I did address worldwide at the bottom, but let me repeat it for you.

As far as worldwide, World Bank has fossil fuels as being 79.6% and Wikipedia has it showing at 80% (data is nearly 10 years old though).

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this what Michael Jackson would look like if he turned into a truck?

I mean neat design and all, but noone who actually wants to own a truck for doing truck things is gonna buy something that looks like that.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.