Poll: Worst Intro Cinematic

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Worst Intro Cinematic

What is the worst/least favorable intro cinematic for WoW?
    I'd say the Cataclysm or Shadowlands one are one of the weakest.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadowlands. What I dont like was how Blizzard didnt animate Sylvanas fighting the horde of undead at the frozen throne. It made the fight with Bolvar feel way more cheap and less exciting.

Honestly TBC had the worst cinematic. Still might be my favorite expansion, but the intro cinematic's have only gotten better as time goes on. Vanilla WoW might be the worst but it had the "new factor" going for it.
    SWTOR Friend Referral code: http://www.swtor.com/r/DzSdz8
    (You get free stuff, I get free stuff, win/win!)

WOTLK. Arthas is the most overrated character in WoW’s history.
    change can't wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    I picked BFA by accident when I meant to pick Shadowlands.

By far the dumbest, most anti-climactic cinematic they've shown to date.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I picked BFA by accident when I meant to pick Shadowlands.

By far the dumbest, most anti-climactic cinematic they've shown to date.
    BFA one was too good, on the contrary of the expansion itself. Was too well done.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I picked BFA by accident .
    oh yeah BFA is definitely the best cinematic to date xD next to WoD
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Shadowlands, followed by BfA.

Burning Crusade is the most disjointed. The Illidan/Draenei/Blood Elf scenes are bad ass, but the random cut aways makes it the least enjoyable to watch as far as painting a story goes.

"Now... you dare enter MY domain?"

*Random orc slicing down naga, troll riding a raptor, Orc getting OWNED, human mage sheeping Tauren Lulz, bad ass undead Warlock torching murlocs!*

- - - Updated - - -

MAAAN, the salt against Shadowlands is real. I hate Sylvanas as much as anyone on these forums, but that cinematic was very well put together. It's just Bolvar, he wasn't the true Lich King. If Sylvanas was ever right about one thing, it was that Bolvar was a pretender to the throne. It's all he ever has been. Anduin's babysitter, and steward to The Frozen Throne.
    Last edited by Kyphael; 2019-11-22 at 08:48 PM. Reason: typos

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    WOTLK. Arthas is the most overrated character in WoW’s history.
    hes ok, but i agree. people hail him as a unique story and a beloved character when hes a cliche of "good guy gets corrupted by bad guy he tries to kill"

back to the question.... TBC 100%. i would put wrath worse than tbh, but the opening shot of arthas on the throne with the "my son" part is pretty cool
    yeast

7+ Year Old Account
    Shadowlands is the worst by far. I would say the best are Wrath and WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason I didn't vote for TBC is due to Illidan's iconic line. If you take that out is one of the weakest.

Seasons of war is a classic, it's simply too iconic to even consider it.

WotLK gives me chills to this day.

Cata is a visual spectacle.

MoP is pretty good.

WoD, as much as I want to hate it, is pretty darn good sadly. I still rewatch it from time to time.

Legion... well.. Legion I barely remember anything of it. I think it's pretty boring to be honest.

BfA haunting tunes and the speech makes it pretty nice, not to mention the visual spectacle and to see a lot of the races represented in it.

Shadowlands is... okay I suppose. I still hate the fact that sylvannas beat the lich king but fine, I can get over that. The shock value of having sylvannas breaking the helm really carries this cinematic. So at least is memorable.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

BC's. I dislike the Shadowlands cinematic for various reasons, but at least stuff is happening in it. The Burning Crusade cinematic just shows random people existing, and then Illidan delivering his catch-phrase. It's just boring now. Admittedly that's also true of Vanilla's, but I feel it can get the grandfather clause due to it being new and the story in Classic being unfocused as well.

Anybody who didn't get chills the first time they heard "You are not prepared!" is dead inside. Maybe because it was the first expansion, and i'd loved Warcraft 3, it was incredible seeing the game push it's first expansion and seeing the Dark Portal, Illidan, blood elves etc... It felt so different to everything that had come in Vanilla.

Shadowlands is just yikes, I really have no interest in what they're doing with Sylvanas

Shadowlands had an amazing looking ICC which got me hyped up so much. Then Suelvanas did her thing and..... its by far the worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadowlands simply because they could have done more with that Sylvanas vs. Bolvar fight. I get that Bolvar is no Arthas and he doesn't have the power of the Frostmourne but still he's got to have some power enough to put up a decent fight with Sylvanas.

Then Sylvanas just tearing the helm in half as if it was made of plastic. I don't mind the helm being destroyed but doesn't it deserve a little more respect than that? I mean it was a little anti-climactic with the way it was destroyed. I just felt that the legendary Helm of Domination deserve a little more of a dramatic ending than what it got.

As a whole it just felt very anti-climactic and felt like years of the game's history and lore was disrespected as if it never had any importance to the story. That's just how I felt about it.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2019-11-22 at 08:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathpath View Post
    Shadowlands. What I dont like was how Blizzard didnt animate Sylvanas fighting the horde of undead at the frozen throne. It made the fight with Bolvar feel way more cheap and less exciting.
    With that mindset, you could critique every cinematic. I think it's safe to say that almost everyone who has played WoW has said at some point "Why don't they just make a CGI movie?" because their cinematics are always amazing. Your argument is pretty much a strawman because no one would disagree with adding more to a cinematic, but reality is, the cinematic was already long enough and there would be no vital information to convey by showing her taking out 100+ scourage. Sure it would be cool, but it's not needed.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

MoP's for me. After Cata and WotLK's awesome cinematics, MoP kind of felt silly. Turns out the expansion wasn't bad but fuck man, that intro cinematic is forgettable as fuck.

Also, to everybody voting Shadowlands: I don't like Sylvanas any more than any of you guys but we still don't know how BfA's story ends so I kind of feel like that cinematic is missing some much-needed context.

7+ Year Old Account
    Shadowlands by far

Yes, it's expertly animated as always, yet the story shown in that cinematic is really not that interesting
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Burning Crusade because I don't remember anything from it.