Quickest Way to Old Raids

Just jumped back into WoW and wanted to get into the routine of mount farming old raids. Unfortunately the changes in the portals has me flying in circles. So my question is, what is the quickest way you have found to get to older content/raids (for non-mage characters). Specifically:

Ulduar/ICC (most likely old Dalaran somehow)
    Throne of Thunder
    Timeless Isle
    Firelands
    Dragon Soul
    Plus any you wish to add that I might have missed.

Use that ring that you buy in the old Dalaran JC for quick access to Ulduar and ICC.

Take the portal to Hyjal for Firelands.

Take the portal for the Caverns of Time.

The other two I just would afk while in flight.

Thanks guys. That helps get back some convenience

There is also a Trinket that you can buy from Timeless Isle that teleports you to the TI. Not sure about Isle of Thunder.

For ICC you can get Jaina's Locket.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    There is also a Trinket that you can buy from Timeless Isle that teleports you to the TI. Not sure about Isle of Thunder.

For ICC you can get Jaina's Locket.
    I don’t know of any way to get to IoT quickly.

There’s a toy called Cracked Necrolyte Skull that opens a portal to BT

The quickest way to ToT is to queue for ToT LFR in the Seat of Knowledge above Mogu'shan Palace and use your Sunreaver/Kirin Tor Beacon (it's a toy). You can then leave the instance group and zone into the difficulty of your choice.

The quickest way to the Seat of Knowledge is to use your MSP CM port if you have it. Otherwise, you just take the Jade Forest port in Org/SW. If you have characters that you use exclusively for running old raids, set their hearths in Shrine. It will save you the most time.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Just jumped back into WoW and wanted to get into the routine of mount farming old raids. Unfortunately the changes in the portals has me flying in circles. So my question is, what is the quickest way you have found to get to older content/raids (for non-mage characters). Specifically:

Throne of Thunder
    Timeless Isle
    Firelands
    Dragon Soul
    Generic reply: mage, engineers and dark iron dwarves are a bit ahead when it comes to number of portals.
    As of Bfa, plenty of portals and toys are available.
    If you took enchanting, you'd have your HS on a 5 min CD, set it to Boralus/DA, then the world is yours with the portal rooms.
    Ulduar/ICC => kirin tor signet / jaina locket / portal to crystalsong / tournament tabard
    ToT => this one is long to get to
    TI => the same
    Bfa capital => SW/org=> portal to Hyjal
    DS => portal to CoT in your faction capital

this guide is your friend https://www.wowhead.com/warcraft-transportation-guide
    Blood DK. I hate leveling alts.
    BfA is great. I love HoA.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangfoudre View Post
    Generic reply: mage, engineers and dark iron dwarves are a bit ahead when it comes to number of portals.
    Dark Iron Dwarves are, bar none, the best race for old raids. They have a mole machine right outside blackrock foundry, one straight in outland Shadowmoon Valley for easy entrance into BT, one in Argent Tournament Grounds for ICC and Ulduar, and even a mole in Broken Shore if you want to run Tomb of Sargeras, as well as another right next to the Firelands. The only problem is getting them unlocked first, but after you're done, you have reach into every expansion and pretty close to every major raid.

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaL GuArD View Post
    Dark Iron Dwarves are, bar none, the best race for old raids. They have a mole machine right outside blackrock foundry, one straight in outland Shadowmoon Valley for easy entrance into BT, one in Argent Tournament Grounds for ICC and Ulduar, and even a mole in Broken Shore if you want to run Tomb of Sargeras, as well as another right next to the Firelands. The only problem is getting them unlocked first, but after you're done, you have reach into every expansion and pretty close to every major raid.
    Plus they have 4% more speed indoor. But engineering provide a similar set of perks plus some more.
    Blood DK. I hate leveling alts.
    BfA is great. I love HoA.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.

WOTLK Dal you can fly straight to Icecrown in less than 60s
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    The quickest way to ToT is to queue for ToT LFR in the Seat of Knowledge above Mogu'shan Palace and use your Sunreaver/Kirin Tor Beacon (it's a toy). You can then leave the instance group and zone into the difficulty of your choice.
    That's genius Thanks!
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Throne of Thunder
    Timeless Isle
    Firelands
    Dragon Soul
    There's this cool trick for Black Temple (if you want glaives)

You need 2 toys.

Critter Hand Cannon: Launch critters into the air. (5 Min Cooldown)

Fractured Necrolyte Skull: Consume the soul of target critter to summon a portal to the Black Temple. (1 Hour Cooldown)

Throne of Thunder
    Timeless Isle
    Firelands
    Dragon Soul
    Ulduar/ICC: Argent Tournament tabard if you're exalted. Otherwise Signet of the Kirin Tor and a flight path.

Throne of Thunder: Reddit claims you can:
    Get into LFR Throne of Thunder from the NPC in vale of eternal blossoms (Lorewalker Han), and use the Kirin Tor/Sunreaver beacon toy from inside. From there you will be ported at your faction's hub in the Isle and can freely leave instance group. No need to fly all the way to the end of Townlong Steppes!
    Timeless Isle: You should be able to just take the portal in the portal room to Jade Forest, and fly. Or Portal room to Dalaran(Northrend version).

Firelands: Portal Room to Hyjal and fly.

Dragon Soul: Portal Room to Caverns of Time(For Horde it's below in a side passage. For Alliance I have no idea).

- - - Updated - - -

At Mt Hyjal there's a quest given by a gnome near Baron Geddon that takes you to Blackrock Caverns. Take the quest, click the mole machine to tele to Blackrock Mountain, abandon quest. Restart it every time you need to go there. This is especially good for Horde, who don't have any good ports near BRM.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-12-01 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    There's this cool trick for Black Temple (if you want glaives)

You need 2 toys.

Critter Hand Cannon: Launch critters into the air. (5 Min Cooldown)

Fractured Necrolyte Skull: Consume the soul of target critter to summon a portal to the Black Temple. (1 Hour Cooldown)
    Blessed Medallion of Karabor ftw

10+ Year Old Account

Throne of Thunder
    Timeless Isle
    Firelands
    Dragon Soul
    Did you play in MoP/WoD, and did you get Challenge Mode Gold?

If so, you can use those Portals, one takes you to Townlong Steppes very close to the portal to Isle of Thunder.

Others take you all over Pandaria and Draenor, AND one takes you into Blackrock Mountain if you have that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Did you play in MoP/WoD, and did you get Challenge Mode Gold?

If so, you can use those Portals, one takes you to Townlong Steppes very close to the portal to Isle of Thunder.

Others take you all over Pandaria and Draenor, AND one takes you into Blackrock Mountain if you have that one.
    I did play MoP and WoD but didn't do Challenge Modes

Challenge Mode Gold portals for MoP/WoD are killer time savers (4-8h cd).
    Shadowmourne (ICC) portal to old dalaran (1h cd).
    Class shortcuts like DK deathgate to new dalaran (45s cd).
    The SW cata portals (0 cd).
    + all those cloak/etc extra hearthstone cooldowns to reset your own hearthstone multiple times for a portal hub.

The vanity items help a lot with travel time, the CM portals were broken OP even in the old expansions, because you could just reset them by doing the Challenge Modes after each portal use. As a CM Gold booster you had zero travel time because of this.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    At Mt Hyjal there's a quest given by a gnome near Baron Geddon that takes you to Blackrock Caverns. Take the quest, click the mole machine to tele to Blackrock Mountain, abandon quest. Restart it every time you need to go there. This is especially good for Horde, who don't have any good ports near BRM.
    Funnily enough, Dark Irons get a mole right outside the entrance to Molten Core as well...

Funnily enough, Dark Irons get a mole right outside the entrance to Molten Core as well...
    Yeah, if you're alliance, Dark Iron is a pretty awesome allied race.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    For Ulduar/ICC, I have Jaina's Locket from the Shadowmourne chain (group port to Old Dalaran on a 1H cooldown), and ICC is a short flight from Old Dalaran. Also I have the Argent Crusader's Tabard that ports you to the Argent Tournament Grounds in Icecrown (Ulduar is a fairly short flight from there).

Jaina's Locket was also somewhat fun for trolling/pranking people in Legion. Drop one when I'm in a group, people click it without really looking at it, then brief confusion before they realize they're at the wrong Dalaran.

For Black Temple, I use the Blessed Medallion of Karabor. It takes you straight to Black Temple's entrance on a 15M cooldown, and I've also used it as a quick way of getting to Outland in general. And there's the Shattrath portal for most other BC raids.

I use the Wrap of Unity as a quick Stormwind portal, and all of the Blackrock Mountain raids are a quick flight from there. That's an Alliance-only item, but I'd be very surprised if the Horde side doesn't have an equivalent (although the Horde equivalent would take you to Org instead of Stormwind, of course).

For Firelands, it's easy enough to just take the Hyjal portal from Stormwind then fly there.

edit: Garrison Hearthstone or Shipyard Teleport thing then just fly for WoD raids.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-12-03 at 05:56 PM.