Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I have always though that Ogres are an horrible idea for AR, i mean... they have the full right to be a full race instead of going around sporting old animations.

That's why i think that Moknathal would be better to fill this AR space

Saberon look weird in the Alliance, i think that the plant people would work better and they would be quite interesting, as they would be the "Forsaken" of the Horde, in the type of things they do

Note: Though is not like Saberon couldn't be Alliance, is just that it would be hard to explain IMHO
    As i said, i am not a fan of Ogres, but i know many people are. And making new better models of Ogres, Blizzard can do them anytime.
    I still think Mok'Nathal are a bit redundant to Orcs, and they can clash a bit with the Mag'har Orc models.
    But I'm also pro High Elf race in Alliance, so i guess if a certain famous race is really loved by the fans, i'm all for it.

Do also note that Hero Models are always vastly superior to normal models, so if they make Mok'Nathals they might not be as awesome as Rexxar.

Regarding Saberon, i think they fill the Worgen Allied Race slot: A dog race and then a cat race. That is why i would believe they would be good to go with either Ogres or Mok'Nathal (AU Dreanor Allied Races).

I also read somewhere that Saberon and Orcs didn't go along in Draenor at all (i think?).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Maxilian has it all right in my opinion.

There is a spot for both Mok'nathal (as an in between of Orc and Ogre) as an Allied Race using Kul Tiran animations, and Ogre as a full race using its own animation set.

Comparing this to the Rexxar model, it's different enough. Plus, Mok'nathal and Ogre culture is vastly different, too.

- - - Updated - - -

If they do go the route of making the Covenant races into ARs, I really do hope they go the neutral route with them.

I know aesthetically speaking it'll be easy to throw Kyrians and Night Fae in with the Alliance and Venthyr and Necrolords with the Horde, but I really don't need another Nightborne scenario.

As for the Covenant races as AR.. they might not plan it as a certainty, but it definitely looks like they are covering their asses in case they get a lot of requests, since all of them use player skeletons.
    As i said to Maxilian, Blizzard can make new attractive Ogre models if they want. But Mok'Nathal can be chosen as well. I think Blizzard will have to chose only one of both for the future (horde) race slot. Can't see both of them coming live.

Not sure if Blizzard will go the neutral race again... lorewise it does make sense, but it doesn't seem the direction Blizzard wants for new races.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2019-12-05 at 04:08 PM.

Hi, I don't want to wait for the party, but I don't like the Jinyu, Ankoan, Hozen, etc. I think there are very important races that should have been the first, for example the ogre, the Vrykull (with a new barbarian hero class), among others, of course, I don't like the Jinyu, or the Hozen, or the pandas ... I don't know what genius it happened to add such a ridiculous race, having better ones with more preference. Just like that, that genius came up do not add the necromancer in a death-centered expansion ... since it occurred to him to add demon hunters, and not to add wardens, which is a must ... anyway ... hopeless, but I'm not going to pre purchase.no, until I see what I have to see and you should follow my example and stop buying the first thing they put in the store and the first thing they put in pre purchase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Donald View Post
    Sounds like you haven't played a Kul Tiran to me. They use pandaren animations.
    Well, seems like you dont either because if you look closely all the animaitons are differentes just compare each ones on wowhead dressing room you can see they arent same at all

here you can compare yourself :
    Pandarens : https://www.wowhead.com/dressing-roo...8z9Mqmczo9m87n
    Kul tiran : https://www.wowhead.com/dressing-roo...zJ8z9Mzmm9o87n

For exemple when they sit pandaren male slam butt on ground while kul tirans dont
    running animaiton is closer to orc one than pandarens to me
    No spells animaiton are same
    sleep animaiton again not same

Animations are lot closer to orc actually which totally destroy your previous post too since it would mean orc rig would have been used twice

As for Mok'nathal, i highly doubt they will be plauyable one day i mean they seem to be one off like Calia (i know in thel ore tehre is more than rexxar) but if they really wished to introduce the mok'nathal as an ar they would have not just worked toward rexxar model but actually also his father and the other member of the clans which are still in OT

For the Gilblin too i really doubt they are going to be an ar because unlike the arkoans, the faction of the unshakled is not only made of Gilblin but also sea giants and makuras, i think Gilblin are too close to goblins and would be a bit lame

Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    Hi, I don't want to wait for the party, but I don't like the Jinyu, Ankoan, Hozen, etc. I think there are very important races that should have been the first, for example the ogre, the Vrykull (with a new barbarian hero class), among others, of course, I don't like the Jinyu, or the Hozen, or the pandas ... I don't know what genius it happened to add such a ridiculous race, having better ones with more preference. Just like that, that genius came up do not add the necromancer in a death-centered expansion ... since it occurred to him to add demon hunters, and not to add wardens, which is a must ... anyway ... hopeless, but I'm not going to pre purchase.no, until I see what I have to see and you should follow my example and stop buying the first thing they put in the store and the first thing they put in pre purchase.
    Relevance is also important.
    Mogu are relevant in 8.3 and Ankoan (which are basically Anglerfish Jinyu) are relevant in 8.2.
    Dark Irons and Mag'har were filler races to make up for the fact that Kul Tirans and Zandalari were delayed. Ignoring them, the last few AR were BfA story-focused.
    So it'd make sense to have the final two allied races for BfA also be races relevant to the content.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Imo forget about High Elf or Ogres as Allied Race. These are strong cards that Blizz would rather save for later, as something to put on expac box - let's say 11.0 (next expac must have new class... right?).

Relevance is also important.
    Mogu are relevant in 8.3 and Ankoan (which are basically Anglerfish Jinyu) are relevant in 8.2.
    Dark Irons and Mag'har were filler races to make up for the fact that Kul Tirans and Zandalari were delayed. Ignoring them, the last few AR were BfA story-focused.
    So it'd make sense to have the final two allied races for BfA also be races relevant to the content.
    Pointless argument. Allied Races that were relevant for patch they were introduced or one earlier: Lightforged, Zandalari, Kul Tiran, Mechagnomes. MIddle ground (relevant few patches earlier): Nightborne, Highmountain, Vulpera. Not at all: Void Elves, Mag'har, Dark Iron. There is no pattern.

Only pattern so far is that every allied races is connected to some main race (Void to Blood Elves, Nightborne to Nelfs, only exception is Vulpera that however use Goblin model) and most races are connected to only 1 allied race - Undead, Worgen, Pandarens don't have their connections yet. So if they follow any pattern, it's that.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2019-12-05 at 05:10 PM.

Some people say Gilgoblins for the Horde, but I don't think that will happen. Seeing we get Vulpera now, using Gilgoblin rig and Gnomes got theirs at the same time to reinforce that Vulpera was Goblin's Allied race.

On top of that, seeing that Dwarves and Trolls get tribe-customization in Shadowlands, Gilgoblin skin is a strong candidate for the Goblins.

7+ Year Old Account
    Satyr and Naga

Yes. I said it
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have always though that Ogres are an horrible idea for AR, i mean... they have the full right to be a full race instead of going around sporting old animations.

That's why i think that Moknathal would be better to fill this AR space
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Imo forget about High Elf or Ogres as Allied Race. These are strong cards that Blizz would rather save for later, as something to put on expac box - let's say 11.0 (next expac must have new class... right?).

Pointless argument. Allied Races that were relevant for patch they were introduced or one earlier: Lightforged, Zandalari, Kul Tiran, Mechagnomes. MIddle ground (relevant few patches earlier): Nightborne, Highmountain, Vulpera. Not at all: Void Elves, Mag'har, Dark Iron. There is no pattern.

Only pattern so far is that every allied races is connected to some main race (Void to Blood Elves, Nightborne to Nelfs, only exception is Vulpera that however use Goblin model) and most races are connected to only 1 allied race - Undead, Worgen, Pandarens don't have their connections yet. So if they follow any pattern, it's that.
    I will repeat myself but kul tiran have their own rig so plz stop putting this arguement on the table that ar will use all races existing rig =/ i think its in no way an arguements that blizzard use we saw tons of exemple that prouve otehrwise

As such as i dont even know what is the difference now according to thoses "ar arguements" between a core race and an ar and if you want to see the ar arugements being all contradicted well here you have i already said it on earlier post here

Quote Originally Posted by Zalendra View Post
    Also i think ppl must drop their old beliefs about how ar work that it should be a certain rig or stuff like that because every of thoses things were contradicted everytime a new allied race came to the game for exemple :

1 : Allied races must have an existing rig from a playable core race : wrong kul tiran humans use their own rig
    2 : Allied races must be the "sub race" of an already existing core race : Wrong Vulperas are the sub race of none
    3 : Allied races must have or not have theiur own capitals : wrong Zandalari have their capitals and vuperas dont have capitals
    4 : Allied races must be able to wear all players armors : wrong mechagnomes cant wear pants

We still have the restriction that it must be able to have mounts so most likely more than 2 legs cant but i would guess nagas are still possible if they sit on side on mounts =p

Quote Originally Posted by ey b0ss View Post
    Shitty Nazjatar goblins for the horde and Sethrak for the Alliance :^).
    I suggest you do vol'dun with an horde char and read the quests and then come back =)

10+ Year Old Account
    I will repeat myself but kul tiran have their own rig so plz stop putting this arguement on the table that ar will use all races existing rig =/ i think its in no way an arguements that blizzard use we saw tons of exemple that prouve otehrwise

As such as i dont even know what is the difference now according to thoses "ar arguements" between a core race and an ar and if you want to see the ar arugements being all contradicted well here you have i already said it on earlier post here
    All core races have unique models, most of AR races do not have unique rigs, Kultiran are an exception to this rule, nor do they come with their own starting experience, ogres should get all those stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    High Elf + Night Elf undead
    The setup is there in 8.3, it fits the next xpack aswell.
    Oooor Undead High Elf for alliance and Undead Gnomes for horde.

Mok'nathal are actually a pretty good in between, I'd say.
    [img]
    Most of his body is intact, model-wise, except his feet.
    And the texture map has the whole body textured, implying that they have a full unarmored Rexxar model in the database.
    People said the same thing with the Vrykul model updates in Legion. Where's my AR Vrykul?!?

...hey, maybe with the sky exploding in Northrend, maybe the next ARs will be Northrend refugees. Give me my AR Vrykul!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Some people say Gilgoblins for the Horde, but I don't think that will happen. Seeing we get Vulpera now, using Gilgoblin rig and Gnomes got theirs at the same time to reinforce that Vulpera was Goblin's Allied race.

On top of that, seeing that Dwarves and Trolls get tribe-customization in Shadowlands, Gilgoblin skin is a strong candidate for the Goblins.
    The thing is that the timing makes sense because we know the Vulpera were supposed to be race #3 instead of the Mag'har.

The devs are on record stating that the reason that the Mag'har's evil Light storyline doesn't makes sense as part of the narrative in BFA is because they were supposed to be last, but were pushed up due to complications with another race that needed more time in the oven. This is also likely why the Zandalari trolls were announced as part of the initial 3 races, instead of the Mag'har, as they weren't sure who was going to actually be third alongside the Dark Iron at the time.

So, if we assume a 6th race is coming, the 6th Horde race was likely supposed to be the 5th. Making an initial plan the looks like this

1) Nightborne and Void Elf
    2) Highmountain and Lightborne
    3) Vulpera and Dark Iron
    4) Zandalari and Kul Tiran
    5) ??? and Mechagnomes
    6) Mag'har and ???

If this were the original order, Gilgoblins make total sense, as it would make both 8.2 reputations relevant for the 8.3 allied races being added into the game and create a matched thematic pair.

If this is indeed the case, the question this raises is "Why didn't they just save the Vulpera for last to keep the 8.2->8.3 synced pair?" And I suspect the answer to that is "Because they wanted to maintain chronological sequencing on the Allied Race rep requirements" due to preferring people to be actively grinding newer, rather than older content for newer allied races. An 8.0 rep after an 8.2 rep would disrupt that. And if that is indeed the case... Alliance are likely for a spicy one for #6. Cause I don't think they're getting fish people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see Jinyu (Pearlfin and Ankoan varieties via different facial options) and Mogu. They make the most sense to me based on what we have now and know about 8.3. Would also be a nice tieback to pandaria since we are returning there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervrak View Post
    I thought Blizz was telegraphing pretty hard after Nazjatar that Alliance would be getting the Ankoan and Horde would be getting the Unshackled water goblins. I was a bit surprised when they went with the Vulpin and Mechagnome first. But I still wouldn't be shocked if we got them before the end of the expansion.
    Ankoan 100% will not happen. They don't have the necessary UV mapping/layout to use player armor sets - Blizz would have to redo them, and they aren't going to redo a race they literally just added in 8.2.

Or unless blizz wants to give alliance a race that's limited to about 6-8 different looks total, which I'm sure would go over well. /s

Unshackled on the other hand - Kelfin/Gilblins etc - do have the necessary setup to use player armor sets, but their models are outdated as hell (look at their faces up close, which are still set up like the old WoW models) and we just got the 'goblin' alliance race with Vulpera. I think its much more likely that the next horde alliance race will be based on Calia's lightbound undead.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

5+ Year Old Account
    As many discussions have happened from the start of 7.3.5 up until today.
    Yes there are going to be AT LEAST 2 new allied races (Horde/alliance).
    Problem its.... who.
    Now in the pool of allied races, some races had stood over other just because, 1- they have a better plot line / 2- they are more easy to make for Blizzard than the others.

Best example was Mok Nathal. Its just an in between Ogre+orc, 1 tribe, 1 Hero racial leader. Easy to make, easy to implement in the lore.
    vs
    Ogre race, wich it need to deep dive on "Ogre commandship, politycs, what tribe, what happens if people want Blue Ogre and they just gave red ogres, different lore exposures from WoD Ogres to Duskwood Ogres. What they represent. Lore behind joining the Horde/alliance, etc, etc, etc. From a "dev" perspective, its too much effort for a "allied race", it looks more of a "full fledge race".

Now, based upon that, in the big pool of races for the Horde, Mok Nathal its almost feel ready yet, not confirmed or 100% happening because at least we Knew vulpera were unique race with unique animations for just furry goblins.

For the Alliance, the discussion have been.... not strange but hard to express. From High Elves that are not just Void Elves, to Alteracians that never appeared in 10 years. To the old Warcraft RPG with Fulborgs being considered an "ALLIED RACE" and "PLAYABLE RACE" for the Alliance, a long side the Night Elves.
    Saberon, Botani, Sethrak, Jinyu, Ankoan have entered the pool too. The new mogu as the alliance its know for being the "Titan Align" Faction, yet entering in problematics because of re-re-used Draenei Skeleton. Reedemed Undead its also an option. So for the alliance, its just.... lets see what happens on 8.3 and 8.3.5. Because right now... there is nothing.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    People said the same thing with the Vrykul model updates in Legion. Where's my AR Vrykul?!?

...hey, maybe with the sky exploding in Northrend, maybe the next ARs will be Northrend refugees. Give me my AR Vrykul!!!
    The Valarjar could work for a Vrykul Allied Race. Not sure what faction they would be, but they do have a Reputation to grind at least
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post

Ugh I want playable Vrykul so bad.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    "an horde"
    Heh. But no ,really , the lore has gone to shit anyway so who cares. You interact with them as alliance as well , but less.
    They also said that they couldn't do sethrak or similar races because you couldn't equip gear in certain slots like the head. But the mechagnomes get fucking diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    No. It won’t happen. The Alliance really need to stop grasping at straws for the Sethrak. They’ll join the horde if they join anyone at all. This subject has been thoroughly exhausted in several threads.
    Fite me.
    Last edited by ey b0ss; 2019-12-06 at 02:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymei View Post
    I don't mean to be rude, but you desperately need to take like a basic englsih class at a community college.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meat Rubbing Specialist View Post
    "banning overdoses" sounds hilarious. "Oi mate, u got a loicense for that Overdose?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    And had he choked a man, no one would even bat an eye :P.
    The irony is so overwhelming, I could iron my shirts for an eternity!

10+ Year Old Account
    All core races have unique models, most of AR races do not have unique rigs, Kultiran are an exception to this rule, nor do they come with their own starting experience, ogres should get all those stuff.
    Question is, since they added exiles reach in shadowlands, are they really going to make new starting zones? For me its like they added this to make some kind of comun starting expeirnece or not have to add new ones

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Ankoan 100% will not happen. They don't have the necessary UV mapping/layout to use player armor sets - Blizz would have to redo them, and they aren't going to redo a race they literally just added in 8.2.

Or unless blizz wants to give alliance a race that's limited to about 6-8 different looks total, which I'm sure would go over well. /s

Unshackled on the other hand - Kelfin/Gilblins etc - do have the necessary setup to use player armor sets, but their models are outdated as hell (look at their faces up close, which are still set up like the old WoW models) and we just got the 'goblin' alliance race with Vulpera. I think its much more likely that the next horde alliance race will be based on Calia's lightbound undead.
    Well, one thing is that keep in mind giblin dont like to be out of water much they just feel like being on ground is so hard etc

As for the lightforged undead plz dude cant they just make this as cutomization? but anyway i just feel like calia is a one off than being some kind of ar but well we could have said same for alleria and the void elf so...

As for the "ho but we will have only 8 skin color" cought cought NB with 3 skin colors, which will be even worse with the new custimizaiton un shadowlands like trolls will have ike 20 skin colors and NB still 3 ><

Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    As many discussions have happened from the start of 7.3.5 up until today.
    Yes there are going to be AT LEAST 2 new allied races (Horde/alliance).
    Problem its.... who.
    Now in the pool of allied races, some races had stood over other just because, 1- they have a better plot line / 2- they are more easy to make for Blizzard than the others.

Best example was Mok Nathal. Its just an in between Ogre+orc, 1 tribe, 1 Hero racial leader. Easy to make, easy to implement in the lore.
    vs
    Ogre race, wich it need to deep dive on "Ogre commandship, politycs, what tribe, what happens if people want Blue Ogre and they just gave red ogres, different lore exposures from WoD Ogres to Duskwood Ogres. What they represent. Lore behind joining the Horde/alliance, etc, etc, etc. From a "dev" perspective, its too much effort for a "allied race", it looks more of a "full fledge race".

Now, based upon that, in the big pool of races for the Horde, Mok Nathal its almost feel ready yet, not confirmed or 100% happening because at least we Knew vulpera were unique race with unique animations for just furry goblins.

For the Alliance, the discussion have been.... not strange but hard to express. From High Elves that are not just Void Elves, to Alteracians that never appeared in 10 years. To the old Warcraft RPG with Fulborgs being considered an "ALLIED RACE" and "PLAYABLE RACE" for the Alliance, a long side the Night Elves.
    Saberon, Botani, Sethrak, Jinyu, Ankoan have entered the pool too. The new mogu as the alliance its know for being the "Titan Align" Faction, yet entering in problematics because of re-re-used Draenei Skeleton. Reedemed Undead its also an option. So for the alliance, its just.... lets see what happens on 8.3 and 8.3.5. Because right now... there is nothing.
    Well for the ogres its simple you take the stonemaule ogres with Rexxar as leader and done, and you give them all skin colors since i dont see in which way their clan would influence the sin color they can use

As for mogu no way they join the alliance since they have more ties with the horde with zandalari etc but also because yes sure the alliance have "more titan alin race" well i think its time for horde to have some too because its silly they dont have any and still relie on bran to do anything titans related ><

There will be no more allied races until after Shadowlands is released. We would have seen datamining of crucial animations, and more importantly, slots for equip-able armor. So far, we haven't seen any of that. Armor is baked onto the model, which is a dead giveaway that it is not intended as a PC race.