Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I'm talking about the thread the OP was linking to, you know the entire reason he made this thread?
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...arrival/377248
    I don't care. I read the thread title, and what the poster wrote in his own OP, and both makes him sound like he's blaming modern WoW for perceived slights against Classic.

And then I read that official forum thread, and by the time I reached the end I simply dismissed the entire thing as BS nonsense and the poster as one big T, as he actually goes out of his way to make weird, nonsensical connections between two random WoW expansion logos.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Classic is being "rushed" because it started dying off faster than expected once People realised there was no real content at max level and would have to wait over a year to get to anything Worthwhile if they followed the Vanilla release schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Classic is being "rushed" because it started dying off faster than expected...[snip].
    Correction; many of us have LONG predicted and expected that to happen. What really happened is nobody listened to us - hence, why we have people such as the OP unfortunately still staying in denial-phase.

But don't be wrong, there will eventually be TBC servers post-shadowlands launch to tide them over... and they will be shouting "THIS time it's going to be the best! No, seriously! It really will be the Golden Days! Sure, we said that was Classic - but, c'mon! It was REALLY TBC - everybody knows it!"

3 years later, repeat the same for the Wrath-servers that release post-whatever-comes-after-Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Obviously the counter argument many jump straight to is "oh but that wasnt typical, it was just that one guild" but as time goes on and we see more and more guilds clearing raids with half a raid, or clearing with brand new 60s with next to no gear etc, i think it becomes clear that content is dramatically easier than many expected, possibly even Blizzard themselves.

I dont know if this has had any impact on them releasing content earlier than planned, but where there is smoke.............
    Yessir. And to my point, I wasn't trying to say leveling to 60's wasn't the tough part. Took me and my guildies over 2 months to get to 60. Problem I see is that once you hit 60, (to your point) you can jump right into any content with no further grinding.

So with Classic the only tough part so far seems to be leveling. I have a Warrior at 60. Was trying to level a Lock (my bank alt) to 40...but have stalled at 36. Then I tried leveling a Shaman to try some healing. He's stalled at 15'ish right now, as I jumped back to BFA.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post

Remember how people were almosr rioting for SoO being the only thing for 6 months? Classic doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell to have any healthy population for that long when MoP got slammed for it as well.
    Raids in MoP had a lot more difficulties and raid sizes tho.. In classic it's just 1 raid size, So it's harder to gear up a full raid, Thus the raid need to be out for a longer period of time to make sure everyone gets their stuff

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Correction; many of us have LONG predicted and expected that to happen. What really happened is nobody listened to us - hence, why we have people such as the OP unfortunately still staying in denial-phase.

But don't be wrong, there will eventually be TBC servers post-shadowlands launch to tide them over... and they will be shouting "THIS time it's going to be the best! No, seriously! It really will be the Golden Days! Sure, we said that was Classic - but, c'mon! It was REALLY TBC - everybody knows it!"

3 years later, repeat the same for the Wrath-servers that release post-whatever-comes-after-Shadowlands
    I can see me maintaining toons on both the TBC servers and the Wrath servers. TBC would be for guild play, and Wrath would be for when I want to play solo. I have no desire to play any xpac after WoLK besides retail (when I'm not waiting for pathfinder II to release).

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Raids in MoP had a lot more difficulties and raid sizes tho.. In classic it's just 1 raid size, So it's harder to gear up a full raid, Thus the raid need to be out for a longer period of time to make sure everyone gets their stuff
    Don't need a full size raid to clear MC though. And the difficulty is being blazed through when people are relatively prepared, so obviously content will need to be released much quicker. And there is a definate stop with that, since...#NoChanges.

Idiots like this are what gives the Classic community a bad name. They seem to feel the need to be constantly at war with retail players for literally no reason.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post

I see them trying to run the trilogy again, and honestly, for the majority of classic players (ultra casual) I think each iteration would be an improvement for them.

Even the hardcore would have more to do, which would be a plus, and SOME of the content would still prove somewhat challenging. However I think the rough edges, particularly in TBC, would surprise some - balancing was drastically improved, but there was still extreme cases of class stacking for certain content.

Maybe once they are done with the trilogy (vanilla-tbc-wrath) they will re-release vanilla in its proper vanilla state, not 1.12 but 1.00 when it was borderline unplayable so the classic fanboys who didnt get what their nostalgia told them they would get, can finally shut it. Classic is not being rushed, it is happening at a much quicker rate because players are emptying it of content within 2 weeks of launch.

Ya, its the other way around.
    Classic is "being rushed" because there is no content in the game.

Either way, no clue what that post is on about.
    Classic isn't going to release naxx before next year, and we don't actually know when the expansion will launch.

Best to just not worry about these things.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Alternatively, and this might be a radical concept to consider, they're speeding things up because interest in Classic is waning a bit faster than they anticipated, or people are blowing through everything the game has to offer much faster than expected.

The idea that Blizzard would be scared of taking $15/month from anyone because they might like one game they made over another game they made is laughable.

BWL coming out in january is a biiiiiig assumption. they said "early 2020" which can be any time up to march or even april. im guessing march, which will put it pretty close to original schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i wonder about this.

ye im sure streamers will but average players ? kinda doubt it.
    I mean, why on earth would anybody want make the most of their subscription and gain access to two entirely unique MMOs?

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    BWL coming out in january is a biiiiiig assumption. they said "early 2020" which can be any time up to march or even april. im guessing march, which will put it pretty close to original schedule.
    With how the pacing has been so far, January sounds about accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Oh dear.

No, they're rushing Classic because Classic has barely any content and they're seeing numbers dip. So they're feeding people content to make people stay around and keep paying their sub.

It's in Blizzard's interest to use Classic to fill the gaps between retail expansions and patches. They'll want Classic around to smooth out the time between 9.0 and 9.1 etc...

Quote Originally Posted by zoddzero View Post
    With how the pacing has been so far, January sounds about accurate.
    What pacing? One data point is not enough to make any accurate predictions.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys do know Classic doesn't need to follow the 2004-2006 release cycle, right? And it isn't. I mean, this is a museum piece they intend to keep around for however long people play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    You guys do know Classic doesn't need to follow the 2004-2006 release cycle, right? And it isn't. I mean, this is a museum piece they intend to keep around for however long people play it.
    Well, i disagree about the italics, i think it will be kept around as long as it isnt running at a loss. Yes, their costs are probably modest, but its not "free real estate". But i 100% agree that they can and SHOULD release content at a pace somewhat related to engagement - if the majority of players who have done one boss have done most / all bosses, it is probably time to release the next batch of content.

Obviously they are in a "cant win" situation, where if they wait TOO long, the pointy end who have had the content on farm for weeks and weeks will start to lose interest. On the flip side, if they release "new" content too quickly, the middle of the pack will feel left behind and become frustrated. The problem as i see it is that content is and will be consumed so quickly, and there is so little to do at endgame, there really isnt a lot keeping people going. This is made worse by the fact that raid teams are going from one boss down to completing the raid in such a short time, its on farm within a week or two of launch, with no higher difficulty / hardmodes other than running with fewer and fewer players.

Now that leveling is no longer a barrier, i believe raids will fall even faster, and a much larger percentage of the player base will be completing new content within days if not a week or 2 of release.

i love this

pre-classic: classic will kill retail

classic launch: classic saved WoW retail is dead.

months after launch: blizz is killing classic to save retail