Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Fourth death possibly linked to vaping

Seems like we should just ban vaping now before it gets worse.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Probably better to hit this problem with a more effective approach, with thoughts and prayers.
    /s

The death toll needs to get as high as tobacco before anyone that vapes admits there might be a problem.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People need to understand, the lungs were never meant to suck in smoke or polluting water vapor.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The death toll needs to get as high as tobacco before anyone that vapes admits there might be a problem.
    Hmm... deaths linked to vaping... linked to bad batches of THC cartridges sold by street dealers tell me... how is this a "vaping" problem?

Well considering i used a vape product to quit smoking ( i also no longer vape mind you ) when i lived in New Zealand as a pack of Marlboro 100s were like 25$ a pack. Also the whole street dealers and until we see more studies with decades of evidence similar to what was given to the Tobacco companies i think it is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    People need to understand, the lungs were never meant to suck in smoke or polluting water vapor.
    Better stop breathing then.

These issues are linked to THC cartridges gotten by dealers likely there is a bad batch, yet people are saying "look see it is vaping!!" no... that is not a vaping issue.

When someone laces weed with fentanyl that then kills a person is that a testament to weed being a dangerous killer?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Hmm... deaths linked to vaping... linked to bad batches of THC cartridges sold by street dealers tell me... how is this a "vaping" problem?
    ..and this reinforces my point.
    The denial is as strong as tobacco smokers were back in the 70s.

..and this reinforces my point.
    The denial is as strong as tobacco smokers were back in the 70s.
    What denial there is no denial. This is not a vaping problem, this is a bad cartridge problem.

When someone laces weed with fentanyl that then kills a person is that a testament to weed being a dangerous killer?

If you say no to the above then trying to attribute bad batches of street shit to "vaping" as a general thing is just stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    just keep them from doing it around people in public places like they do cigarettes
    beyond that, its their lungs, and they read the label

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    just keep them from doing it around people in public places like they do cigarettes
    beyond that, its their lungs, and they read the label
    That's a good point. Should not blame the distributors or manufacturers of such products, when they are legal and warnings are clearly indicated on the product. If people want to be dumb enough to do it anyway, then let them.

I plan on taking up smoking cigars again once I turn 80. Will do it outside the house and not around those who do not like it. But, they may be so damn expensive by then I will not smoke them or as the wife said, I may get sick when I try and think they are disgusting. But I use to enjoy smoking them when I went fishing. One thing I never did however, is inhale them.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    just keep them from doing it around people in public places like they do cigarettes beyond that, its their lungs, and they read the label
    And that's why I rarely have a problem when they die.
    If they haven't realized that clean air is the only thing that should go in the lungs then they shouldn't even make the news when they get buried.

If they haven't realized that clean air is the only thing that should go in the lungs then they shouldn't even make the news when they get buried.
    There’s is nothing inherently dirty about pg or vg.

Did you even watch the video? They described this as a spike of events, meaning this is a problem with the product batch itself and not vaping in general. As a whole, with an estimates 11 MILLION vapers in the US, 450 cases of possible issues linked to vaping is pretty darn small. I mean %0.004 of the vaping population having issues is hardly a massive outbreak, and is nothing to freak out over.

If you are going to ban something "dangerous", how about looking at alcohol or driving a car? Or how about we just keep our nose in our own fucking business and stop telling other people how to live their life?

You can try to scare people with numbers like 450, but in the scope of things, this is absolutely nothing. There is probably a higher risk of death crossing the street in L.A.
    Last edited by Puzzlesocks; 2019-09-07 at 03:47 AM.
    “Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner.”
    ― Lao Tzu

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure how anyone doesn't see that this is due to a faulty product, not vaping in general. 4 deaths after how many years vaping has been around? The fearmongering thats going around is on the same level as Prohibition and anti-weed campaigns.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    The point is that if we're gonna ban everything that's killed 4+ people there is a pretty long list of things before we get down to "vaping".
    /s

Always find it funny how the news report adversetise affects of what was once reported as a better alternative when the product or service had only be out for 10 years or so. Long term studies require a vast amount of data over a good amount of time. Hell they were the guinea pigs to this experiment and quite frankly it obvious that this practice was never an essential to our races survival, therefore bad changes will happen depending on usage and person genome.

I won’t advocate a ban on it since it provides relief to the user and they should have the same common sense as an normal person, but honestly all about moderation.

Can we have a rational discussion here please? One not covered in emotional bs and outcries of "its bad!" or "its not bad!!". We are all adults, we know how things work. We know vaping and smoking is bad. Lets get a rational discussion about what is going on here shall we?

Look at the facts. Its already being reported that they are finding links. Mineral Oils, specifically, Vitamin E. Right away, that tells us that its shady crooks who are messing with the chemical make up and are causing this.

Logically, Vaping has been around for 16 years. Suddenly, we are seeing a massive surge of people getting sick. Why? Is it vaping as a whole? If so, does that mean for the past 15 years, these cases have gone fully and completely ignored and unreported up until this point? If that is the case, why did no one inform anyone of this until now? Why wait 16 years to suddenly start this up? These arn't even seasoned vapers. They are new and haven't had years of exposure.

When we inspect this, what we begin to see is clear. Someone has been selling tainted items, or several someones. That explains the frequency, number of cases, and how spread out it is.

So, to be as blunt and logical as I can be, its not legitimate vaping companies causing this. Its not even vaping as a hobby causing this. Its clearly as most have come to the conclusion, its tainted items made by shady individuals who have no idea what they are doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Or, better idea. Shut down the illegal distributors who are causing the issues. The UK isn't having this issue, and their health department recommends vaping to help quit smoking. The problem is the illegal market for thc, not vaping
    Last edited by Zantos; 2019-09-07 at 06:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

At the moment it seems to be dodgy batches that contain vitamin E acetate which goes on to coat the lungs in a layer of crap that makes oxygen absorbtion impossible but yeah, ban it all. That always works yeah?

I disagree just heavily regulate and tax it like we do cigarettes we are going to need the money when the inevitable wave of diseases comes decades later. The vaping industry is no better than big tobacco going after children and everything self regulation never works.