Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Wonder woman 2 is a given first was one of the best that dc have put out, the dark knight serie is the best imo.
    The Dark Knight Trilogy, original Superman with Christopher Reeves, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Shazam are definitely the best movies DC/Time Warner ever produced.

What I realized is, 2020 is looking pretty barren for movies worth going to the theater for. I'm literally just stoked for WW2 and Kong vs. Godzilla, and that's it. I mean, Venom 2 I'm sure will be cool with Carnage, but I don't know how hyped I am for that, or Morbius.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    IIRC his superpower is that he can duplicate instantly any technique he sees.
    Yep. He essentially has learned hand to hand combat, martial arts, melee and thrown weapons styles from Cap America, Black Panther, Iron Fist, the Swordsman, Silver Samurai, Black Knight, Daredevil, Moon Knight, Boomerang, Electra, and others. He's learned archery from Hawkeye and firearms skills from Punisher and Deadpool among others. Cap considers him one of the deadliest humans on the planet and in straight up one on one situations with other "human level" heroes, he is rarely taken down and more often than not is able to escape or get the upper hand long enough to accomplish his objectives.

This looks promising to me.
    I've like most of the low-key, grounded Marvel movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Yep. He essentially has learned hand to hand combat, martial arts, melee and thrown weapons styles from Cap America, Black Panther, Iron Fist, the Swordsman, Silver Samurai, Black Knight, Daredevil, Moon Knight, Boomerang, Electra, and others. He's learned archery from Hawkeye and firearms skills from Punisher and Deadpool among others. Cap considers him one of the deadliest humans on the planet and in straight up one on one situations with other "human level" heroes, he is rarely taken down and more often than not is able to escape or get the upper hand long enough to accomplish his objectives.
    Unless they changed some thing recently I thought Deadpool was the only person Taskmaster couldn't copy or predict due to Wade having no clue what he's going to do from moment to moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    Unless they changed some thing recently I thought Deadpool was the only person Taskmaster couldn't copy or predict due to Wade having no clue what he's going to do from moment to moment.
    Well, he'd also probably have a lot of trouble with Cap if his power remains consistent. Being able to copy any move he sees doesn't give him super-strength or intelligence that Cap has. It wouldn't allow him actual super-infused power like the Iron Fist, or the ability to absorb damage like Deadpool. Taskmaster's ability also wouldn't let him copy abilities that rely on something extra-human, such as an Adamantium skeleton.

But yeah, it would make sense that Deadpool would be difficult to predict. But that wouldn't stop Taskmaster from being able to copy Wade's skills. But using those skills in a way that would actually beat Deadpool is another thing entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Why do we need this movie, exactly? Black Widow is dead (thank god), why would we even need to to know about her past more for the future Marvel movies.
    I take it you never watch prequels, then?

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Well, he'd also probably have a lot of trouble with Cap if his power remains consistent. Being able to copy any move he sees doesn't give him super-strength or intelligence that Cap has. It wouldn't allow him actual super-infused power like the Iron Fist, or the ability to absorb damage like Deadpool. Taskmaster's ability also wouldn't let him copy abilities that rely on something extra-human, such as an Adamantium skeleton.

But yeah, it would make sense that Deadpool would be difficult to predict. But that wouldn't stop Taskmaster from being able to copy Wade's skills. But using those skills in a way that would actually beat Deadpool is another thing entirely.
    He may not be as strong as Cap, olympic level condition make him quite strong physically.
    Dont know how smart Cap is but Taskmaster is usually describes as having a genius level intellect

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Harbour looks great as Captain Soviet.
    Very much so
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Couldn't that be Hawkeye?
    No, it's definitely Taskmaster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    That was my thought. He “saved” her and brought her into shield was part of her backstory as I recall.
    He saved her well before that point in time. Black Widow takes place after Civil War.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Taskmaster actually fights both Bucky and Steve cap at the same time during siege and holds his own. h

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    That's sort of true. Wade has beaten Taskmaster before by doing that...but he doesn't always fight like that. Taskmaster can still copy the moves that Deadpool uses though even when he goes all chaotic in his fighting style.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Hmm, I'm still not sure if the character of Black Widow is interesting enough to carry her own movie, but I'm also not a huge fan of spy movies. Doesn't look bad by any means (besides the hero landing after jumping out of a helicopter, that just looked cringy). That being said, the only thing that really interested me in the trailer was the shlubby russian spandex guy, that guy looked like he could be funny .
    One of the things I wonder is whether it'll have enough "Superhero" stuff in it, but I guess if it's after Civil War it might. I thought it would be further back then that.

That said, Winter Soldier is one of my favorite Marvel movies and definitely had a "Marvel does Bourne" feel for me, so if this is similar (without being identical, hopefully) it should be a fun movie.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
    He may not be as strong as Cap, olympic level condition make him quite strong physically.
    Dont know how smart Cap is but Taskmaster is usually describes as having a genius level intellect
    I actually was thinking about this a bit more.

Cap is basically the highest possible level a "normal" human could reach, mentally and physically.That's what the supersoldier serum does. I'm not sure if it's any different in the MCU.

Anyway, that means Taskmaster could get close, but maybe couldn't perfectly duplicate caps physical ability. But cap also is at the height of mental capability, which means things like reaction time and figuring out opponents, or switching up strategies mid fight. I don't know enough about Taskmaster to say if he could keep up.

But superhumans like Black Panther or Spiderman? I don't know, especially if the fighting style relies on that extra-human strength or speed. TM might be able to copy some moves but not others. And he definitely couldn't copy moves that relied on the Black Panther suit without one of his own.

But where I think TM has his greatest advantage is in being able to use and combine just about anything he comes across. Which is probably why Cap said he's so dangerous.

Taskmaster is definitely an underrated threat, and actually a pretty interesting badguy(?).

It took quite a while, but it's finally coming. It looks promising, and I'll personally see it for sure on release day here in Australia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Taskmaster is definitely an underrated threat, and actually a pretty interesting badguy(?).
    Been saying this for years. REALLY hope that him being in this film will get people to pay attention to him. I'd love to see someone like Gerry Duggan write a ongoing/miniseries for him. His old series "Taskmaster: Unthinkable" was freakin amazing, and really opened up a lot of potential, for the character. Sadly, no one really ran with the setup, and Tony was back to being a tougher than average Henchman, for a while.

However, if the rumours are true, and the actor playing him has signed on for more than one film, I'd LOVE to see him as the baddie in BW, then get his own film (possibly following the Unthinkable arc) and then finish off with a reverse Civil War type film. Where him and Deadpool start off fighting, but then team up to defeat a greater foe.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Meh, Does about as much for me as Hawkeye. Some random non powered chick somehow magically able to fight superpowered beings... Naw, Ill take my Superheroes actually super.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Been saying this for years. REALLY hope that him being in this film will get people to pay attention to him. I'd love to see someone like Gerry Duggan write a ongoing/miniseries for him. His old series "Taskmaster: Unthinkable" was freakin amazing, and really opened up a lot of potential, for the character. Sadly, no one really ran with the setup, and Tony was back to being a tougher than average Henchman, for a while.

However, if the rumours are true, and the actor playing him has signed on for more than one film, I'd LOVE to see him as the baddie in BW, then get his own film (possibly following the Unthinkable arc) and then finish off with a reverse Civil War type film. Where him and Deadpool start off fighting, but then team up to defeat a greater foe.
    Then again, a villains like Ultron and Mysterio only got a single movie. So who knows? MCU doesn't have a great track record for non-supers. Agents of Shield is a joke series that's basically a soap opera. Agent Carter was...meh.

So unless the crowd really catches on, TM might be a one and done.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Why do we need this movie, exactly? Black Widow is dead (thank god), why would we even need to to know about her past more for the future Marvel movies.
    Why do we need any movie?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Meh, Does about as much for me as Hawkeye. Some random non powered chick somehow magically able to fight superpowered beings... Naw, Ill take my Superheroes actually super.
    WHat superhero/villain did she go toe to toe with and defeat?

Red Guardian?
    Is it the Russian cap America? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    Why do we need any movie?

- - - Updated - - -

WHat superhero/villain did she go toe to toe with and defeat?
    One of Thanos's children. Ultron, The Aliens in the first Avengers.