Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    The dick move is ganking people.

Giving them a few DK's might teach them to stop.
    You are really a proud representative of the Classic community. Seems to me that Classic has the community it deserves xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Being a dick on a pvp realm is the purpose of pvp realms.
    It's absolutely not. On my realm, there are like 250 people in Searing Gorge and Blackrock Mountain just standing there ganking people, waiting 5min to possible get a tag on a player. It's absolutely pathetic. They are wasting their lives and ruining the game for the other faction.

Imagine being so afraid of PvP on a PvP realm you need to find mechanics to prevent PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    Imagine being so afraid of PvP on a PvP realm you need to find mechanics to prevent PvP.
    There was a spot in whatever the main city in Silithus is called (Cenarion Hold?)were you could stand and use ranged attacks and avoid the guards.

People have been “avoiding” PvP to PvP and to annoy since forever. Especially in places were you aren’t supposed to PvP
    Last edited by babyback; 2019-12-04 at 08:12 AM.

It doesnt make any sense why the yeti and Eye should give DKs so my guess is this gets patched out pretty quick.

why are you playing on a PVP server if you hate being ganked?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Alternate thread title: How to be a dick on a PvP realm.

There's a reason this was deleted from reddit.
    spotted the ganker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    spotted the ganker.
    what's wrong with ganking people?

Back when wow first launched alot of people didnt really know what MMORPGS were, or the difference between PVP/PVE/RPPVP/RPPVE realms. People picked the server on random or the server friends played on, or many other different reasons.

Gaming online werent THAT big yet either so it was considered a cool thing this world pvp back in classic in such a "huge" scale.

These days? I cant fathom why so many people have rolled on pvp servers when everyone knows how games with pvp works. Its NEVER about being fair. Its never about fair play. Its never about even numbers. Its never about leaving people who only wants to quest alone.

Everyone is a target at any time. Thats part of the experience in this version of wow on pvp realms, were you are left at your servers/factions mercy. Faction balance 70/30? Though luck, nothing will be done with it. Your faction outnumbers the other and you cant find any enemy faction members? Tough luck, wait for bgs.

This is the main reason why we have CRZ & phases/layers in retail. Blizzard got no other way to deal with this than that. They dont want to merge servers.

This was expected to happen on the pvp servers. The raids are piss easy, the dungeons are piss easy. BGs aint out yet. What else is there to do for people that are lvl 60? They go out in the world to hunt the other faction.

It happens cause theres nothing else to do in the game besides leveling another class. Cant even do that, cause then you get ganked.

Anyway - when Blizzard releases BGs this will mostly blow over. Then the crying for long BGs times will start, especially from horde players. People might think they know and are ready for it, but they aint. Its going to be bad. Got 2-3 hours to play on a thursday night? Expect maybe 1-2 bgs, rest you wait in queue.
    Last edited by crusadernero; 2019-12-04 at 08:46 AM.

They are tagged civilian but has anyone confirmed they actually give a dk and cause loss of rp?

I understand not wanting to get killed, but this is childish af.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    It's absolutely not. On my realm, there are like 250 people in Searing Gorge and Blackrock Mountain just standing there ganking people, waiting 5min to possible get a tag on a player. It's absolutely pathetic. They are wasting their lives and ruining the game for the other faction.
    Exactly what pvp realms are for... really not much different than it was back in Vanilla, except people are specially no lifing it because they think they are going to be Rank 14. Give them some time and they'll burn out, but really don't expect it to stop.

10+ Year Old Account

Screw you. I'm getting a yeti defense system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Exactly what pvp realms are for... really not much different than it was back in Vanilla, except people are specially no lifing it because they think they are going to be Rank 14. Give them some time and they'll burn out, but really don't expect it to stop.
    Realm populations alone are like 3 times greater in classic...
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey.

People have apprently found certain items that can spawn Killable NPC's and if the oppotsite faction kill them, that's an instan Dishonorable kill.

This was going the rounds on reddit earlier with 6 gold and 6 silver gilded, but the reddit post got deleted, Tho this news post explains it all.

https://www.newsweek.com/world-warcr...-kills-1475321
    smells like an exploit,hope these yeti people get perma bans

Plenty amusing, but it'll get patched out probably in a few days at best.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Back when wow first launched alot of people didnt really know what MMORPGS were, or the difference between PVP/PVE/RPPVP/RPPVE realms. People picked the server on random or the server friends played on, or many other different reasons.

Gaming online werent THAT big yet either so it was considered a cool thing this world pvp back in classic in such a "huge" scale.

These days? I cant fathom why so many people have rolled on pvp servers when everyone knows how games with pvp works. Its NEVER about being fair. Its never about fair play. Its never about even numbers. Its never about leaving people who only wants to quest alone.

Everyone is a target at any time. Thats part of the experience in this version of wow on pvp realms, were you are left at your servers/factions mercy. Faction balance 70/30? Though luck, nothing will be done with it. Your faction outnumbers the other and you cant find any enemy faction members? Tough luck, wait for bgs.

This is the main reason why we have CRZ & phases/layers in retail. Blizzard got no other way to deal with this than that. They dont want to merge servers.

This was expected to happen on the pvp servers. The raids are piss easy, the dungeons are piss easy. BGs aint out yet. What else is there to do for people that are lvl 60? They go out in the world to hunt the other faction.

It happens cause theres nothing else to do in the game besides leveling another class. Cant even do that, cause then you get ganked.

Anyway - when Blizzard releases BGs this will mostly blow over. Then the crying for long BGs times will start, especially from horde players. People might think they know and are ready for it, but they aint. Its going to be bad. Got 2-3 hours to play on a thursday night? Expect maybe 1-2 bgs, rest you wait in queue.
    people did know what mmo's were when wow launched lol,its just that wow was the first casual mainstream mmo,it attracted a very ''nooby'' audiance,the mmo's before wow were savage like dark age or shadowbane

both sides are arguably dicks and falling back on the "well pvp happened on a pvp server" excuse is pretty lame cause the rules also allow for people to camp regions and impede others in numerous ways. Pointing out any single act as more dickish or whatever is a moot point since the rules back everyone and some 'clever use' angle being an 'exploit' because one party wasn't prepared for it isn't going to be any more valid until the devs step in and enforce anything. Some asshole lvl 60 falling back to camp Nessingwary's camp is still a bigger dick than some chump popping a consumable to throw at someone.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    people did know what mmo's were when wow launched lol,its just that wow was the first casual mainstream mmo,it attracted a very ''nooby'' audiance,the mmo's before wow were savage like dark age or shadowbane
    well yeah, people knew what it was but as you said it was a narrow genre back then. I knew what it was but wow was my first real MMORPG, as for alot of people. Even though people knew about the genre, we didnt really know what it was. The masses didnt know that if you picked a pvp realm you might end up being ganked and corpse camped for hours on end. What even is "ganked"? People didnt really think or know about faction imbalance. What does that even mean? How does it effect my playstyle?

Imagine rolling horde on a horde heavy sided server,(how do you find that out?) loving pvp and cant wait to reach 60. You are out in the world kicking Alliance ass, then ding 60. YES! BGS! Then you queue up and realise the queue time is 1+ hour. What now? Must I spend every night waiting 1+ hour before I can play?

Or you pick an alliance character on a horde sided realm. Reach duskwood and you keep getting killed over and over. Realise "nah this aint fun, im playing something else" and move on.

We cant really talk about this with us people here on mmo-champion as the standard. The standard gamer aint browsing forum pages, writing comments etc.

There are many flaws with wow classic, especially for the standard gamer out there. Its not enough knowing alot about how the game works, you even gotta research and find out which server type and then what server from that pool to pick. What is a pvp server? pve? RPpvp?

Once you have picked your server and lvld all the way to 60, its really hard to let go of it. So either you suck it up and level on another server(Leaving friends/guild behind), pay for transfer or just quit(like most people actually does).

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    both sides are arguably dicks and falling back on the "well pvp happened on a pvp server" excuse is pretty lame cause the rules also allow for people to camp regions and impede others in numerous ways. Pointing out any single act as more dickish or whatever is a moot point since the rules back everyone and some 'clever use' angle being an 'exploit' because one party wasn't prepared for it isn't going to be any more valid until the devs step in and enforce anything. Some asshole lvl 60 falling back to camp Nessingwary's camp is still a bigger dick than some chump popping a consumable to throw at someone.
    I would agree with you if the consumable's intended purpose was to be used the way it's suggested in the OP. It obviously isn't, however, and that's where the distinction should be made. Like I said elsewhere in the thread, I don't think it quite lands in exploit territory but it definitely isn't intended to be used like this and it's one of the rare situations where I think, "well that's how it worked in Classic" is a pretty shoddy defense of its existence.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2019-12-04 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    well yeah, people knew what it was but as you said it was a narrow genre back then. I knew what it was but wow was my first real MMORPG, as for alot of people. Even though people knew about the genre, we didnt really know what it was. The masses didnt know that if you picked a pvp realm you might end up being ganked and corpse camped for hours on end. What even is "ganked"? People didnt really think or know about faction imbalance. What does that even mean? How does it effect my playstyle?

Imagine rolling horde on a horde heavy sided server,(how do you find that out?) loving pvp and cant wait to reach 60. You are out in the world kicking Alliance ass, then ding 60. YES! BGS! Then you queue up and realise the queue time is 1+ hour. What now? Must I spend every night waiting 1+ hour before I can play?

Or you pick an alliance character on a horde sided realm. Reach duskwood and you keep getting killed over and over. Realise "nah this aint fun, im playing something else" and move on.

We cant really talk about this with us people here on mmo-champion as the standard. The standard gamer aint browsing forum pages, writing comments etc.

There are many flaws with wow classic, especially for the standard gamer out there. Its not enough knowing alot about how the game works, you even gotta research and find out which server type and then what server from that pool to pick. What is a pvp server? pve? RPpvp?

Once you have picked your server and lvld all the way to 60, its really hard to let go of it. So either you suck it up and level on another server(Leaving friends/guild behind), pay for transfer or just quit(like most people actually does).
    the mmo's i played before wow,there wasnt even a concept of ''endgame'' lvling was most of the game,and dying ment potentialy losing weeks of progress,and gear stolen if killed by players,i never experienced endgame content before wow,but man i would not imagine myself ever playing games like that again,i moan and bitch in fallout if i forget to quicksave every few seconds and die and lose a few seconds,losing my gear or weeks of time is simply unfathomable to me now,granted im almost 30 now not 14 anymore as back then lol

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    the mmo's i played before wow,there wasnt even a concept of ''endgame'' lvling was most of the game,and dying ment potentialy losing weeks of progress,and gear stolen if killed by players,i never experienced endgame content before wow,but man i would not imagine myself ever playing games like that again,i moan and bitch in fallout if i forget to quicksave every few seconds and die and lose a few seconds,losing my gear or weeks of time is simply unfathomable to me now,granted im almost 30 now not 14 anymore as back then lol
    Let me guess: Runescape?

Don't worry, it was my first MMO too. My Runescape addiction was so long ago that when I quit OSRS was the new version. Eesh.