Poll: Should Airlines and other business's be allowed to ban ESA?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenegade42 View Post
    No. I really don't.

Mental Illness is overly diagnosed and overly medicated. For every genuinely fucked up person I see 10 people using it to skate around work and responsibility while seemingly able to maintain their recreational and other lifestyle activities.
    Or it is being better diagnosed as people are feeling less and less ashamed to come out about it. But you know more than medical experts who spend decades in the field of mental health with views that will make people afraid to actually get checked up once again.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    "Yes its a service animal!"

"Its trained to protect my head during seizures!"

*Walks into restaurant with my stray dog.*
    Yup, that is a possibility, but at least you won't get pigs, peacocks and kangaroos in.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Yes, but you shouldn't have an ESA, but a trained service dog for that. They offer emotional support ánd are trained for the task, like helping you to calm down, etc. If you just need to pet a peacock to be ok, you don't have a disability and should suck it up and pet them when you arrive, or travel by other means.
    So depression, adhd , manic depressive disorder aren’t disabilities?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So depression, adhd , manic depressive disorder aren’t disabilities?
    Maybe you already forgot my post that you replied to before, so here it is again:
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    You mean service dogs, which is exactly not the kind of animal we are talking about. We're talking about emotional support animals. Those are animals not trained for anything, so they don't aid anyone, they are just there as pets. Dogs used to assist, for instance, people with autism, ptsd and other mental illnesses are trained for a specific task (like calming their owner, preventing them from running into traffic, etc) and are called service dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    You started with the "this is like saying all felonies are the same"
    Yes, I was showing you that you said something around the lines of "A disability is a disability, this isn't a disability olympics" when in fact, disabilities ARE different, and some ARE more disabling than others. This is one of the reasons why therapy dogs and ESA are even in different categories, legally. They can, and SHOULD be rated on severity.