Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacharyarons View Post
    Excuse me but what i want to know is how can we send these messages to blizzard how can we get them to understand that what we need is better lore progression?
    Posting your ideas to their official forums would probably be the best bet.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Posting your ideas to their official forums would probably be the best bet.
    You mean the worst. Blizzard writers are perfectly fine with being stuck in their twitter circlejerk. And if even that fails? They delete their account like cowards and make a video where they pat themselves on the back for two hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You mean the worst. Blizzard writers are perfectly fine with being stuck in their twitter circlejerk. And if even that fails? They delete their account like cowards and make a video where they pat themselves on the back for two hours.
    Are you trying to say their Twitter would be the better bet, or just grousing about the state the lore in the general sense? Twitter might be a good idea, but it seems less focused to me - and you'd probably be one voice among a tumult of not necessarily WoW-related context. The official forums would be more in context, and would get people to add their own voices in some worthwhile constructive criticism.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Are you trying to say their Twitter would be the better bet, or just grousing about the state the lore in the general sense? Twitter might be a good idea, but it seems less focused to me - and you'd probably be one voice among a tumult of not necessarily WoW-related context. The official forums would be more in context, and would get people to add their own voices in some worthwhile constructive criticism.
    Just saying that they only read twitter, and only the responses that get through their positivity only filter. There is no way to make them listen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Just saying that they only read twitter, and only the responses that get through their positivity only filter. There is no way to make them listen.
    Not according to Golden or Danuser, who've said they often see feedback from the official forums and elsewhere (including Twitter). There's no way to *make* anyone listen, really, so if that's your goal you're likely to fail out of the gate. A lot of people don't really grok the idea of constructive feedback, either; as they seem to think lacing their criticism with insults is a good way to make themselves heard when it's generally the opposite. Well-crafted criticism and actual solutions and/or suggestions on offer is generally always received better than angry or hateful screeds - that's just human nature, when you get down to it. No one wants to listen to someone who seems more interested in ranking them out as opposed to offering heartfelt or well-intentioned advice.

You know what, lets try to send the writers on twitter the link to this thread and hope that they actually read it. And if they don't, well then at least we tried which is still better than doing nothing.

Not according to Golden or Danuser, who've said they often see feedback from the official forums and elsewhere (including Twitter).
    What makes you think that anyone believes that. Especialy Golden and her non-toxic baby.

As for the rest of the post, last few expansions perfectly show that Blizzard doesn't give a shit about constructive feedback either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    What makes you think that anyone believes that. Especialy Golden and her non-toxic baby.

As for the rest of the post, last few expansions perfectly show that Blizzard doesn't give a shit about constructive feedback either.
    I'm generally inclined to believe it as it would be in their overall interest to know what their public was thinking, one way or the other. But I don't confuse seeing feedback with acting on it - nor do I think acting on *all* feedback is necessary, or desirable (as a lot of what gets pushed as "feedback" tends to be garbage, in my estimation). As for the last few expansions, YMMV is always in effect. I think Legion was overall excellent and that the developers listened to feedback and polished the game coming from WoD. I wasn't enamored of BfA as much, due to the its focus on an aspect of the story I personally dislike (the faction conflict) and what I felt was a failed "gimmick" in the form of Azerite Traits, although Essences improved on that somewhat. One's personal mileage on a given topic isn't necessarily the end-all, be-all objective take - something to take in mind when it comes to offering solutions or criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Talrath View Post
    Its true that they try to make the horde villains all the time. how do you think would be the best way to distance sylvanis from the horde? Sylvanis reeing out of the battle is to my opinion the most least exit you want.
    I assume you mean how to they go from here (ie post-BfA). The first thing I would is have a heroic positive story _of_their_own_ for the Horde (not just helping Alliance lore characters save the world). And the next time they need a villian from one of the factions? Pick Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by allawyn View Post
    I assume you mean how to they go from here (ie post-BfA). The first thing I would is have a heroic positive story _of_their_own_ for the Horde (not just helping Alliance lore characters save the world). And the next time they need a villian from one of the factions? Pick Alliance.
    or just not pick from the established list of leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    or just not pick from the established list of leadership.
    They have to stop ignoring the Horde, except when they want to use the vllian bat.

Villains to me wouldnt be those that swirl their moustaches while everyone else is incompetent.

Arthas for example could make mistakes but the mistakes of his enemies were more significant because he could raise them as undead. Plus no1 bothered going to northrend because they were still trying to get back on their feet. This is a perfect environment to bolster your troops and become more powerlfull.

Garrosh, well he had the support of the orcish race and we know that they reproduce like rabbits. And even though the alliance was cautious of him, he still managed to surprise the alliance because he changed the rules of warfare. He took those beasts from northrend, ran into ashenvale and burning everything. Taking land instead of being like thrall, the new orc generations liked this alot. Again a perfect environment to set up a villain.

With sylvanis I dont understand. No1 trusted her, yet voljin chose her even though he knows her. Just because she said retreat, every single person could know that they had to retreat, lorthemar would have said the same thing. So she got to be warchief even though she says in the books that she doesnt have the support of the horde races, that she needed saurfang. Suddenly the entire horde supports her after the burning. One could say that they are now fighting so that they dont get slaughtered by the alliance, however they could have chopped her head of and put a new warchief. But they didn't. Heck, the bloodelfs could have chosen to go back to the alliance after they got the message that undercity would get wrecked. And during UC sylvanis kills her own people and they still follow her, this is definitely not how you make a villain. Every footsoldier has its thoughts, a leader of a race thinks 5000 times before lending troops to sylvanis.

For sylvanis to become a real villain, she would have to instill fear to the people of the horde that the alliance will slauchter their families. And that they can only be saved by doing what she says. Make some real good propaganda, its very easy to do that if no1 in the horde is educated enough. Which they aren't. After winning the trust of the people she can oust lorthemar and saurfang because they are the only troublesome people. When that is done she can do whatever she wants without holding back. Using blight on alliance soldiers. Destroying some horde villages and leaving alliance signs there to rile up the horde even more. Make the people scared of the alliance.

That is how I think a villain should be written that hasnt have power like deathwing or arthas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    - Stop time-limited QUESTLINES. Such as War of the Thorns (and in general, all pre-patch events).

- Summary of what happened out of the game. Or don't put important lore events outside of the game, at all

- If they want to go on with Faction-limited questlines such as in WoD, please introduce better the dungeons and raids for the other factions... As Horde I hated going into Tol Dagor, Nathanos tells me we're here to find someone, and in the end of the dungeon *poof* take your loots and gtfo. Did we succeed ? Who was that ? Why ? Same goes for Shrine, where Rexxar was apparently looking for a pearl. He got that and thanks, cya later, no idea what this shit was, and nothing at the beginning of the dungeon gave us a hint of why we were here at all.
    All this seemed to be important (Tol Dagor's prisoner being Ashvane) or band-aid quests to give us a reason to be here (Rexxar's pearl ? Was it used at all afterward ?). That would have been easier to understand if they had just the PC be transmogged into the other factions and given a small summary by whatever NPC at the entrance of the dungeon.
    Most of World Quests on the other faction's zone don't make sense either.

- Use main characters better than that... Tyrande and Malfurion being completely away while Illidan's redemption was the main focus, Illidan, Velen, Magni and Khadgar being absent during the fight against Argus even though they're here in the ending cinematic, Velen being mostly AFK-Vindicaar during the whole Argus patch... Will Lor'themar be used one day ?
    I played only alliance and there wasnt even a single reason for us to go to nazmir underrot or any of the 3 zuldazar dungeons! its not even anything inside the dungeon beside magni saying things like: this is a city of gold. ok so what should I do with that? or Uldum, alliance didnt even get a single quest directly toward why the hell we are raiding uldum.

Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    I played only alliance and there wasnt even a single reason for us to go to nazmir underrot or any of the 3 zuldazar dungeons! its not even anything inside the dungeon beside magni saying things like: this is a city of gold. ok so what should I do with that? or Uldum, alliance didnt even get a single quest directly toward why the hell we are raiding uldum.
    Yeah forgot about that part. Would have been better why we had to get into those raids, because in the end its very dangerous to send some alliance members to uldum to kill a fake old god. These members could get killed by the opposite faction.