Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Last night a titanforged BoE dropped for a hunter. This hunter has always self-supplied his own flasks, pots, and food. I am not high enough rank so I supply my own repairs. I am 100% self-sufficient in guild runs. As stated earlier on my hunter a titanforged 445 glove dropped. I have 450 gloves so I could trade them. When my guild saw the text they flipped shit and wanted me to roll it to the guild. I am relatively new and they never give me loot. I won the crit bow off the first boss but I was a newbie and they gave it to someone else. I told them its mine and im selling it. Those gloves are worth 115k gold on my server. We are 6/8H and very casual. I don't take anything from the guild I supply everything myself. How would you feel if the newbie you treated like trash didnt want to give the gloves to someone?
    Do you like the guild enough to give them the boe? that is what it comes down to.. is your short term experience worth seeing if it turns out to be as good long term.

masterloot shouldn't have been removed the myth that trials never get loot is a retarded talking point only people who never joined a guild think.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    It really isnt. In age of master loot. It was absolutly ok to not give new players loot until they prove themself. Also if you are player what gets mad when loot isnt give it to you or taken from you for other players what have been in guild longer and progress raids than you clearly use guild as means to the end and nobady will muss such player if he /g quits.
    It's a 6/8 HC guild, a month before next raid. Put some perspective into it man, it's not a progression raiding group. Their problem isn't BoE loot distribution.

It's a shit-tier heroic guild trying to play tryhard raiders.

people really let their guilds cuck them lol. for what

Last night a titanforged BoE dropped for a hunter. This hunter has always self-supplied his own flasks, pots, and food. I am not high enough rank so I supply my own repairs. I am 100% self-sufficient in guild runs. As stated earlier on my hunter a titanforged 445 glove dropped. I have 450 gloves so I could trade them. When my guild saw the text they flipped shit and wanted me to roll it to the guild. I am relatively new and they never give me loot. I won the crit bow off the first boss but I was a newbie and they gave it to someone else. I told them its mine and im selling it. Those gloves are worth 115k gold on my server. We are 6/8H and very casual. I don't take anything from the guild I supply everything myself. How would you feel if the newbie you treated like trash didnt want to give the gloves to someone?
    Tbh, I run a roster with similar progress to yours (regular raiders but not mythic oriented, curve is not an objective).
    Loot is strictly personal, so you get to keep/give/sell/disenchant whatever you get, BoE included.
    As HC raiders, it's perfectly useless to run a council, dkp or else.
    People loot, if they want to give it to sbdy else, interested people rand and the winner gets it.

TL;DR: find a new guild.
    Blood DK. I hate leveling alts.
    BfA is great. I love HoA.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Vudu View Post
    I think it's far more likely that your guildies now privately think you're a lootwhore and if you're still a trial, I'd fully expect to not pass.
    Not passing a trial in a 6/8hc guild is not something to worry about, these guilds are dime in a dozen. Especially in one where you don't feel welcome and treated well, because if at least you liked the atmosphere and the people you raid with, that would be a redeeming feature.

The boe's should always be rolled or loot counciled,keeping it for yourself for gold is an insta kick in my book if your new,and if your old some other form of punishment,loot ban for a time or benched(yes u can still loot ban someone even with pl simply by not letting them roll on items others get)

If not agreed upon, a BoE is no more than a purple text saying you looted a lot of gold.

Even pugs get this.

15+ Year Old Account
    I always keep them, i mean it dropped for me right? :P
    No one makes a fuzz about it and if someone else get a drop im happy for them.

A raid can't have it on personal loot then expect you to give it to somebody else, if they want to control where loot goes they need to use Master Looter so this kind of thing does not happen. They are being awfully elitist for a not even AOTC casual guild and you should leave right away, if its personal loot then anything you get is yours no matter what they say. You can choose to give away anything you like but they can't force you to do so. I had an issue once in a vanilla guild where they had a 2 week no DKP earned no loot trial period, meaning I helped them down bosses in 40 man raids for 2 weeks with absolutely ZERO reward for it and no guarantee I'd get to stay after that. When I raised an issue with it in gchat, I was promptly gkicked.

Quote Originally Posted by ssjgohan4life View Post
    if they want to control where loot goes they need to use Master Looter so this kind of thing does not happen.
    Too bad it doesn't exist on retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Too bad it doesn't exist on retail.
    Yeah I had no clue that was not a thing anymore which makes his whole issue even more stupid, but I wonder on the bow he "won" did he win a roll on it and they gave it to a veteran raider or did he actually loot the bow and he was forced to trade it?

If they are 6/8H and 115k is a lot of gold for you, just sell it.

Worst case they kick you out of the guild, but it doesn't sound like you have friends there yet and it shouldn't be hard to find another heroic guild.

(let's be honest here, gear isn't whats limiting a 6/8H guilds progress)

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine84 View Post
    I mean, this is just plain outright BS. Our guild is 8/8 mythic and our social raiders get so much loot. Thank god we got such nice leadership. I mean, even if you get 455 TF in any raid, it's your to keep.

Our guild does not ask anyone to trade loot if they don't wan to (you're still welcomed of course). This guild, especially being it social 6/8 hc seems very toxic. I'd recommend that you get to new guild asap that does not have such insane requests.

Thank God, I am in good guild Best ,actually.
    Mithril Knights of Hellscream, Horde!
    yeah this works if you are 8/8 and basicaly farming,but its extremly greedy to keep a boe for gold if someone needs it,my guild treats it as any other boss drop,unless its an upgrade for you,its rolled/counciled

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    yeah this works if you are 8/8 and basicaly farming,but its extremly greedy to keep a boe for gold if someone needs it,my guild treats it as any other boss drop,unless its an upgrade for you,its rolled/counciled
    Council is horrible, I understand wanting people who are "veterans" getting preference on gear but that's what systems like DKP are for. I once got a huge upgrade on a character in a heroic run I didn't ask to come to, they asked me to give it to a more veteran raider which I begrudgingly did, he gquit a few days later, would have been much better in my hands.

No wonder you are still treated as a newcomer with that attitude, better go find another guild.

Quote Originally Posted by ssjgohan4life View Post
    Council is horrible, I understand wanting people who are "veterans" getting preference on gear but that's what systems like DKP are for. I once got a huge upgrade on a character in a heroic run I didn't ask to come to, they asked me to give it to a more veteran raider which I begrudgingly did, he gquit a few days later, would have been much better in my hands.
    its not just about veterans,the game is extremly math based these days,we simply cant let people jugde the gear they get based on ilvl or luck alone,for some the same item can be a downgrade even if its an ilvl upgrade but for some it can be a 20%+upgrade

If people "need" boes for progression then why doesn't guild fund purchasing them from gbank?

Imagine a scenario, player A spent his own gold to buy a boe to upgrade his character. Player B cba farming gold and can never afford boes, so he doesn't buy them. Player A then drops the same boe next reset and is forced to give it up for player B because it's an upgrade for player B. Talk about punishing people for investing into their characters.

- - - Updated - - -

its not just about veterans,the game is extremly math based these days,we simply cant let people jugde the gear they get based on ilvl or luck alone,for some the same item can be a downgrade even if its an ilvl upgrade but for some it can be a 20%+upgrade
    That's assuming that "council" knows more about people's specs than people who actually play these specs.

I've seen councils who had no clue what's BIS for whom. Good guilds would ask players to provide BIS lists in that case, bad guilds would pull some decision out of their asses, like I've seen in HFC the loot master gave the archimonde trinket to a spec that this trinket was notoriously useless for. Similar story happened with relics for artifacts in legion, half the time loot master didn't know what are BIS traits for classes and specs he didn't play, in best case he asked, in worst case there was loot drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    If people "need" boes for progression then why doesn't guild fund purchasing them from gbank?

Imagine a scenario, player A spent his own gold to buy a boe to upgrade his character. Player B cba farming gold and can never afford boes, so he doesn't buy them. Player A then drops the same boe next reset and is forced to give it up for player B because it's an upgrade for player B. Talk about punishing people for investing into their characters.

- - - Updated - - -

That's assuming that "council" knows more about people's specs than people who actually play these specs.

I've seen councils who had no clue what's BIS for whom. Good guilds would ask players to provide BIS lists in that case, bad guilds would pull some decision out of their asses, like I've seen in HFC the loot master gave the archimonde trinket to a spec that this trinket was notoriously useless for. Similar story happened with relics for artifacts in legion, half the time loot master didn't know what are BIS traits for classes and specs he didn't play, in best case he asked, in worst case there was loot drama.
    thats why there is info about bis lists online,my guild has multiple people for loot council,one of them does a very good job of keeping up to date with info on classes

If you weren't worth it to get gear despite winning it, then they aren't worth enough to hand over your loot. Normally I would agree that it depends on the loot rules set up by the guild but if some casual dipshit guild that can't even clear HC demands you share loot despite them excluding you I would give them bugger all, especially if they don't even supply the raid in the first place.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

If you were presented the loot rules and agreed to them then you should comply. If on the other hand the loot rules were not explained in detail and obviously you dont seem to be all that happy about them I would just take the gloves, /gquit and look for another guild.

The way I see guilds is as a means for everybody to get better gear and take on harder shit. If you are putting the same or more effort than the others and are not given the same chances as the rest I would just leave and find a better place.