Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Question No Stable Big Enough - BUG

We all know that people often got issues with the mount collector achievements.
    .. And so do I. I'll try to explain it the best I can.

I know about the proffession mounts and class mounts (Such as the Paladin and Warlock) mounts, not be confused with Legion Class Hall mounts.

2 days ago I had either 345 or 346 mounts. (I wasn't paying close attention admittedly. )
    I then got(the same day) the Onyxian Drake, Sunhide Gronnling and the Sapphire Riverbeast.
    That should had gotten me to 348 or 349 mounts. Which is very close to the achievement and these mounts are some rare ones.. But it didn't update.

On my 120 Druid in the mount journal (Shift+P) I've 393 mounts, however I do know this is NOT the ones that count. It's the achievement that counts.
    In the achievemnt tracker I've only 346 mounts, which wasn't updated after achieving these 3 mounts. Which are all useable by all characters, regardless of class, faction or level.
    In Y > Statistics > Character > Mounts owned it displays 348 mounts collected on a 120 Druid, 120 Shaman, 120 Warlock and a 110 Paladin (Those are the ones I checked specificly for that stat)

Before contacting support I tried to log into all of my characters, even the low level ones, to try and update it. But without luck.
    That included the Shaman with 1 Engineering mount, the Warlock with 2 class mounts and the Paladin with 2 class mounts.
    I've no Seasonal PvP mounts.
    But it still didn't update.

I've tried to use the WoWhead Mount Tracker but it doesn't work on any of my characters. Tested the tracker in 2 different households with characters from 2 different unrelated accounts. Still didn't work.

Contacting support didn't leave to much.. They'd send it in as a report, hoping there might come an update that would prevent it from happening in the future. But that still kinda hurts, when you get 3 rare mounts that may(or may not) never count towards the achievement, when they should.
    They suggested logging in to all characters - I did that.
    They suggested it might have been a character that was moved to another account that holds the most mounts - I have not moved any characters of my account.
    They sent a link (https:// eu.battle.net/support/en/article/000004738) in the ticket - I checked it out, just repeats what we already know.
    First GM tried to update my accounts (whatever that means) - That didn't help.
    Second GM just responsed with the explanation of the class/proffession/seasonal pvp mounts.
    And that's all they can do.

Any suggestion?

15+ Year Old Account
    Check a DK or Hunter if you have one that finished the class hall and got all of the mounts. They are another class that gets multiple mounts from their order hall. Perhaps the toons you tried logging into weren't the ones with the extra 3 mounts that are blocking the new mounts you added.

For me, when I had this issue, I had to jump on every single character, and it turned out to be my Paladin or DK (can't recall which) that had three mounts from the class order hall plus their class mounts. Once I got on the right character it bumped the number up.

I'm not saying that this will fix your issue, as you stated you did some character hopping and GM chatting, just trying to give some anecdotal evidence to my own experience with this issue in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Miow View Post
    That should had gotten me to 348 or 349 mounts.
    In Y > Statistics > Character > Mounts owned it displays 348 mounts collected on a 120 Druid, 120 Shaman, 120 Warlock and a 110 Paladin (Those are the ones I checked specificly for that stat)
    Then I guess you have 348 with paladin / warlock mounts? Does the achievement show that number on these classes specifically? Or still 346?

Are the warlock and paladin the same faction as your main? Their class mounts count, but if they're opposite faction, the other mounts won't count for them.

From my knowledge, the best combo for mount collectors is lightforged draenei paladin, assuming you collect alliance mounts. You get 4 legion class hall mounts + 1 argent tournament paladin mount + 2 paladin horses + 2 paladin elekks + lightforged racial mount + bee (alliance only), but you need to be logged on that character for achievement to pop.

If your main is horde, best bet is belf paladin (2 horses vs 1 paladin kodo / dino for tauren / zandalari), but you will be a bit shorter on total count.

Log on to a paladin and it will update.

When I was at any of the mile makers like 400, 350, 300, and so forth whenever I would be one away the next mount I would get would not get my the achievement unless I logged onto a paladin each. Same goes for any of the other numbers like 24, 153, or 425.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    Log on to a paladin and it will update.
    I did log into all of my characters before contacting support (including my paladins and warlocks), but it didn't update.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Then I guess you have 348 with paladin / warlock mounts? Does the achievement show that number on these classes specifically? Or still 346?

Are the warlock and paladin the same faction as your main? Their class mounts count, but if they're opposite faction, the other mounts won't count for them.
    Yeah it shows that number on statistics on 120 druid, 120 shaman(as I've 1 proffession mount), 120 warlock and a 110 paladin (all horde) and a 100 paladin(alliance as I've the bee mount). Neither of them worked. :/

If you logged onto every single character of yours and it didn't update, then it's either a bug, or your mistake. You mentioned in the beginning that you didn't look at the counter and what the exact figure is. Taking this into consideration, it makes me think that a simple human error on your side might just be the cause of this situation. You can't discount that. Maybe you had 344 instead of 345, or something.

Then again, the achievement counter should be showing the exact same number as the count in statistics. If this is not the case, it's possible this is just a visual bug. For some reason maybe the achievement did not refresh, but your actual count is of course the one from the stats page. If you see 348 there, try getting 2 more mounts, and it should trigger the 350 achievement at that point.

PS. If you actually had 350 mounts in statistics and the achievement wasn't triggered, they'd probably manually give the achievement to you.

Quote Originally Posted by k0nker View Post
    Check a DK or Hunter if you have one that finished the class hall and got all of the mounts. They are another class that gets multiple mounts from their order hall. Perhaps the toons you tried logging into weren't the ones with the extra 3 mounts that are blocking the new mounts you added.
    That would be pointless, because order hall class mounts actually count across all your toons. Also, the OP clearly states that they logged into every character already.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2019-12-07 at 12:54 PM.

Yeah it shows that number on statistics on 120 druid, 120 shaman(as I've 1 proffession mount), 120 warlock and a 110 paladin (all horde) and a 100 paladin(alliance as I've the bee mount). Neither of them worked. :/
    Only thing I can suggest is go to simple armory or your mount tab and count... If the horde paladin is 110 - maybe there are some mounts that require 120 and don't count? Profession mounts count for all toons even those who cannot use it, from what I learnt when I was trying the achiev myself (RIP rerolling a paladin alt to tailor / engi).

The Alliance paladin will not have some horde mounts probably and not count on top, therefore the bee and alliance paladin mounts won't help you.

Your best bet is to count on warlock really.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    If you logged onto every single character of yours and it didn't update, then it's either a bug, or your mistake. You mentioned in the beginning that you didn't look at the counter and what the exact figure is. Taking this into consideration, it makes me think that a simple human error on your side might just be the cause of this situation. You can't discount that. Maybe you had 344 instead of 345, or something.

Then again, the achievement counter should be showing the exact same number as the count in statistics. If this is not the case, it's possible this is just a visual bug. For some reason maybe the achievement did not refresh, but your actual count is of course the one from the stats page. If you see 348 there, try getting 2 more mounts, and it should trigger the 350 achievement at that point.

PS. If you actually had 350 mounts in statistics and the achievement wasn't triggered, they'd probably manually give the achievement to you.
    I got a mount from the Darkshore Map the other day that brough me up, I checked when I got the Onyxian Drake (the first one I got that day) but I don't remember if the 346 was before Onyxia (the mount from Darkshore), or with Onyxia.
    Much points (based on the statistics) that the 346 might have been with the Onyxian mount and that the missin 2 are the Sunhide Gronnling and Sapphire Riverbeast.
    I'll try to get a hold of 2 more, might require a bit of lucky first though! And see what it says! Thanks.

I had an issue like this. My alliance pally alt always has the highest count for me. I got the crab mount from the Nazjatar achievement. I logged onto the pally to update my account and there was not change. Got the bee mount. Logged onto the pally to update and once again there was not change.

After some discussion on the official forums, one player said the way he got it to correct was to log onto the character that is supposed to have the highest count and purchase an in-game mount. So, I log onto the pally and head over to Stormwind and buy the motorcycle mount that I had completely forgot about. I learned the mount and checked the count and sure enough it jumped up my three.

I am glad I did not have the cycle mount. It cost me a little over 100k. The next cheapest mount for me would have been the frog mounts and they are over 300k. I was not happy that I had to use this work around but it did fix the glitch for me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAinCA View Post
    I had an issue like this. My alliance pally alt always has the highest count for me. I got the crab mount from the Nazjatar achievement. I logged onto the pally to update my account and there was not change. Got the bee mount. Logged onto the pally to update and once again there was not change.

After some discussion on the official forums, one player said the way he got it to correct was to log onto the character that is supposed to have the highest count and purchase an in-game mount. So, I log onto the pally and head over to Stormwind and buy the motorcycle mount that I had completely forgot about. I learned the mount and checked the count and sure enough it jumped up my three.

I am glad I did not have the cycle mount. It cost me a little over 100k. The next cheapest mount for me would have been the frog mounts and they are over 300k. I was not happy that I had to use this work around but it did fix the glitch for me.
    That's horrible!
    I'm afraid I just ran into the same now!
    I just looted (10min ago ) the Grey Camel from Uldum. It made my achievement tracker go from 346 to 348 (It jumped 2 levels, by activating just 1 mount!)
    I'm once again logging into every character and my 110 DK currently holds highest count which is 350 on it.
    However.. The achievement isn't updating further to 350 despite being logged into the DK.
    My next buy mounts are also the 333k frogs. :/

If you're only at 350 there should be a ton of relatively easy to get 1% droprate mounts available from normal and heroic dungeons left. It doesn't start to get tight until after 400.

I actually have no clue how many I have, because you need an achievement to count. Statistics says 446, but I know I didn't get a whopping 46 mounts this year. And the mounts UI says 490 but that counts unusable ones. My guess is I'm around 410-415 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    If you're only at 350 there should be a ton of relatively easy to get 1% droprate mounts available from normal and heroic dungeons left. It doesn't start to get tight until after 400.

I actually have no clue how many I have, because you need an achievement to count. Statistics says 446, but I know I didn't get a whopping 46 mounts this year. And the mounts UI says 490 but that counts unusable ones. My guess is I'm around 410-415 or so.
    Statistics give you the same counter that is used for the achievement purposes, so yeah, it would appear you are at 446 indeed. It's not at all that crazy, BFA has quite a lot of mounts. Patch 8.2 itself had like 15-20. I'm in a pretty similar boat actually. Got 400 mounts around the start of BfA and am now at around 450-460 (dont remember how many exactly)
    Last edited by Azerate; 2019-12-10 at 03:41 PM.

Oh? Maybe it is possible. Still seems like a lot, but I'm pretty hardcore about mount collecting, got the Soundless mount, etc. Only mounts I don't go for are PvP.

Oh? Maybe it is possible. Still seems like a lot, but I'm pretty hardcore about mount collecting, got the Soundless mount, etc. Only mounts I don't go for are PvP.
    You can try simplearmory for a visual representation of your collected mounts. The list is also quite decently segregated into sources and expansions. Some mounts will be missing and the counter will not be completely accurate but the site is great nontheless for any mount collector.
    https://simplearmory.com/
    https://simplearmory.com/#/eu/aerie%...ectable/mounts

Good idea, SA has me at 410 which seems more in-line with what I expected.

Good idea, SA has me at 410 which seems more in-line with what I expected.
    SA doesn't list discontinued / unavailable mounts as well as it does not count any legion class hall mounts that aren't connected to the class being viewed, though they DO count towards the counter in-game.

My simplearmory profile shows 442 (on a paladin) while I have like 466 or so

Ahh. Yeah I have a bunch of unavailable mounts and every class mount.

Seems there's still a lot of people confused about what mounts count for which characters on this forum.

The original class mounts only count on the character that can use them, IE level 20 and 40 paladin and warlock mounts, both DK mounts, the Argent Tournament paladin mount and the DH saber mount.

All profession mounts as well as every single legion class hall mount, including the druid flight form, count towards the achievement/statistics pane on EVERY character, whether you can use it or not.

Currently the most mounts you can attain on any single character is a Draenei/Dwarf (possibly also Dark Iron) paladin as they have access to their own elekk/ram mounts as well as the human chargers in addition to the Argent Tournament charger.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

However.. The achievement isn't updating further to 350 despite being logged into the DK.
    If all else fails and you still don't have what you think you should have, there is one, and only one, way to be absolutely certain that you do...

Count them all manually.
    One by one.

Snip
    I recently had the same issue when I was at 398 mounts. I reported it, even opened a ticket but they said they had no knowledge of such a bug. How I got mine to work finally was getting a new mount on my paladin. Even though the Paladin (and my warlock) both had enough class mounts to trigger it, it didn't actually count until learning the new mount on the paladin. So I would suggest trying that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.