Poll: Best WoW Expansion of THIS decade?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    To the two people who voted BFA, this is your first Wow expac? Or else, what were you thinking????
    Why are you so bothered over people liking something you don't?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

MoP without a doubt.

Cata was terrible
    Legion was terrible
    BfA is absolutely terrible

Wrath was the best but you said this decade so...

15+ Year Old Account
    MoP and Legion.
    See, next xpac will be great!

1. MoP
    2. Legion
    3. Cataclysm
    4. WoD
    5. BfA

MoP had it all. Most fun classes in the history of WoW. Meaty content patches. Fun raids. Fun PvP. Challenge modes were a great end-game, hardcore activity. Leveling and questing was great. Monk was a new and exciting class.

Legion is far behind, but only because MoP is so far ahead. Same as MoP in really all aspects, but I'd firmly argue that class design in Legion was bad. Until you had a full artifact and 2 good legendaries, most classes were downgrades from WoD. Most classes/specs became shades of their former selves, and personally, class design and gameplay has been a pillar of WoW.

IMO, Cataclysm was tarnished by the introduction of LFR and the lackluster'ness of Dragon Soul. That's not to say LFR is bad, I think it's a great system now, but at the time it turned off so many players. Prior to Dragon Soul, each patch was pretty great. Classes were fun, heroic dungeons were so much fun, the raids were wonderful.

WoD... everyone knows. I'd argue most classes were very well done and fun to play. The first patch was an absolute blast, when the garrison was new and people were still progressing through Highmaul. Even into BRF, WoD was a fun expansion. It wasn't until HFC came out when everyone was sick and tired of garrisons, and in a year long rut with raiding.

BfA is an absolute dumpster fire. I hate this expansion. It's literally Legion 0.5 in every aspect. The new game systems introduced in BfA have each sucked horribly, and should not be carried forward. Even the popular game systems they've carried forward, like world quests and M+, have been crap compared to Legion. Everything feels like a downgrade. Classes are the worst they've ever been, end-game progression is a time-gated slot-machine, leveling is awful (kudos to Blizz for fixing it in SL).

MoP for sure, class design was great, music was great, world design was great. It introduced some new interesting lore and story concepts instead of just trying to cash in on characters and places that were already well established. The dailies were a bit of a slog, but at most reps felt unique in their purpose (fishing, farming, serpents, etc). It also had pretty fun raids, and Throne of Thunder remains my favorite of all time.

Legion does come second, it's held back by the legendaries and titanforging for me. I also felt the story was anticlimactic with fighting Argus, but I can understand the difficulty of having a true Sargeras fight.

Cata is third, was fun at launch, and I enjoyed Firelands. Problem was how small it made the world feel with reliance on portals and flying, not to mention Dragon Soul wasn't the greatest.

BFA is fourth, I actually think warmode is pretty good, definitely made it more fun to play, and questing was good as well, but you can say that about every expansion at this point. I think the raids have been rather uninspired though, I hate the direction the story is taking, they never should have done this split continent bs, and I don't really like the Heart of Azeroth systems.

WOD is last for me, questing was fun, but after that, I became so bored that I quit the game until Legion. I heard the raids were good at least, but I don't really regret skipping it.

MoP for me just cause it played well. I didn't like the theme or story much - but for some reason the general play, raids and pvp seemed nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP, as many here, MoP was when I started playing more "casual" Raiding with Pugs etc.

One thing i miss a lot in MoP was the group finder tool, we offered our services, and anyone interested, use our services.

I liked Warlords of Draenor best. Loved seeing the Orcish homeworld before it was destroyed and seeing all these different clans. Shame about the cut content or it would've been better though. Many of my Orcish and Mag'har characters are still using the clan armors from this expansion.

Runner up would be Legion. The Artifact weapons were a nice feature and a return to class storyline was also nice.

Third would be Cataclysm. I love Deathwing and the dragonflights, and I did like the expansion overall. But Harrison Jones and the Temple of Uldum was bad. I also hated all the memes and jokes in the updated old world. The regular storylines were fine though. Again, shame about the cut content or this expansion could be second instead of third.

BfA and Mists both sucked. BfA lacks content and the story is a joke, the only good thing it has is Allied Races and Heritage Armor. Mists was great in terms of gameplay but I couldn't get past the Asian theme. It just doesn't fit Warcraft imo.

7+ Year Old Account
    I played all expansions.

Ill put here the best expansion by order and the best raids of all time to me.\

1. WotlK
    2. Legion
    3. MoP

Now it seems strange that the best expansionall we released with a featured new class. The only expansion that I realy played a new class was MOP because monks could Heal.
    However a new class demanded more fantasy built around it, which means more flavour, gameplay and storytelling.

Then...

4. TBC
    5. Cata

Again. new races, with new regions for each one of them, more flavour, more storytelling, more immersion. Also these were expansions were FLYING was shining, wich means more exploration and immersion as well.

Now the worses...

6. Wod
    7. BFA

Wod beacuse we had nothing to do in the world outside garrinson, which means lack of immersion and professions were pointless.
    BFA, because prunning were extremely bad, Azerite gear was bad design, azerite power farming is a crap mechanic brought from Legion. Dont take me wrong, new classes were ok, game art is at the top, lots of cinematics and all... but gameplay is the most important thing from this game. This expansion lacks on gameplay.

now for the raids.

1. The nighthold ( legion)
    2. Ulduar (Wotlk)
    3. Karazhan (TBC)
    4. Firelands (Cata)
    5. Hellfire Citadel (WoD)
    6. Siege of Orgrimmar (MOP)
    7. BFA.... I didn't even raided because class design was in its lowest point in history. My main was absolutely useless for 6 months. Which drove me away from the game

Legion, no doubt

Despite my profound hate over pandas, i'll say MoP, give me an expansion that adds stuff instead of taking them away, chopping them, and putting them back in a pretty package ( yes, artifacts were fucking stupid and were just skills we had but were taken away and returned in pieces )

WoD for me its my 2nd favorite overall anyways
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I'm going to go with MoP, although Legion is really close.

What puts Legion behind in my opinion is just because Tomb of Sargeras was that lackluster of a raid.

they were all shit
    vanilla, tbc, wotlk > everything else

though if i had to choose it would be mop or cata

I enjoyed Cata until the end, it was a great xpac with some really fun raids but blizz fucked up the end of it a lot by having a buggy unfun raid as their magnum opus and it just lasted too long, I cancelled my subscription after a couple months of dragonsoul which sucked since Firelands is one of their best raids to date.

I didn't play MoP, Cata had turned me off WoW and MoP didn't look like it was presenting anything to bring me back.

I finally came back during WoD, like 3 weeks before the HFC patch, gave me enough time to hit cap, grind a bit and clear BRF. Let me tell you, all the complaints I've heard about WoD are based around slow content (or lack of content) for long periods of time, so I missed all that and as a result this xpac stood out to me as crazy fun. BRF was fun, Blackhand was an awesome encounter, HFC was another incredible instance and Archimonde is another one of the best designed bosses they've ever made.

Legion was pretty good but the legendary system left a bad taste in my mouth coupled with me being super casual all throughout it, suramar felt like a cool unfinished concept, mage towers were fairly enjoyable but didn't feel knew, reminded me a lot of when I put together tarecgoesa in cata.

BfA is on the list so people can meme, the storyline is disjointed, the grinds are awful, the gear rewards are frustrating. If it wasn't for season 2 M+ this xpac would have no redeeming qualities. Even the raids are bags of dogshit, there has yet to be a boss that I look forward to killing....Ashvane is the only one that is semi-enjoyable, but that's only on mythic and is garbage on any other mode due to bad tuning.

MoP just rode the wave, it improved the game over Cataclysm, but it brought nothing special and a terrible theme that repelled many.

Legion on the other hand revitalized the game, not just by bringing more of the same but entirely new systems like the super successful M+, artifacts, world quests and invasions, the storytelling got more methodic, the mage tower challenges, Chromie scenarios, the legendaries (but rng was bad), the class campaigns...

We can speak of WoW as before and after Legion. BfA attempted to carry on the main systems from Legion and bring new features like the islands and warfronts.. which alas were boring on release. We will see how Shadowlands will be.

So definitely Legion.

1) Mists of Pandaria
    Then the crapfest list
    2) Cataclysm
    3) Warlords of Draenor
    4) Battle for Azeroth
    Then the it can burn in hell list (for what it did to survival hunters)
    5) LEGION

10+ Year Old Account
    Mists, not even a contest imo.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!