Poll: Best WoW Expansion of THIS decade?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I've learned that the way to enjoy WoW now is to mostly skip the first year of each expansion until the first major catch-up mechanism (like Benthic gear or whatever) is introduced. Then I can come in and have a great time quickly getting up to a good iLevel and know that virtually every day I can get a significant upgrade from Emissary quests or some weekly event, etc.

I've had a blast the last 3 or 4 months unlocking BfA flying and four more allied races, getting to iLevel 420ish on four characters, using my pre-order 120 boost to play and gear something new, and to get back into healing since by the later parts of an expansion healing is easy since mana is not a problem and people hardly need healing most of the time anyway. At the beginning of an expansion, healing is usually hellishly frustrating and not fun at all.

In this regard I've had as much fun in BfA as I have in any expansion so far.

So when Shadowlands comes out, I will casually level a character or two then probably quit for a year knowing that I'm absolutely not going to miss a thing. When I come back I will be able to quickly catch up to where I would have been if I ground content for that year.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I loved MoP, I think Legion takes the cake, while MoP is only a bit behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP>Cata>Legion>WoD>BFA.

MoP is the easy winner. Cata and Legion are pretty close to each other, it's hard to pick one over the other as second.

1. Cata (at least before they started to nerf the shit out of heroic Dungeons)
    2. WoD (as a raider i was pretty happy with this addon)
    3. Legion (AP Grind)
    4. BfA (AP Grind)
    5. MoP (this was just all around the worst. but the theme topped this shit off)

MOP of course..... that was the last xpac i played since survival hunter got rework stupid retarded melee rework in next xpac.... All abandon hope...If i want to play melee, i'll stick with warrrior or rogue.

15+ Year Old Account
    MoP

/10chars
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandaria of course. Legion had the retardation called Pathfinder.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion was amazing, i played it a lot
    but i'll give points to MoP only because healing was better, i loved many things about legion but healing was sh8t, MoP healing was amazing, even superior than wrath
    Most my legion playtime was solo for class hall campaign, while most my legion play was healing/tanking in raids, ToT is far more interesting to me than any raid Legion offered, also the gear reward was mouth drooling to me in ToS, i still liked MoP raids overall, mostly because my most hardcore era (wrath) i was healing main tank alt, not other way around

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    While I loved MoP, I think Legion takes the cake, while MoP is only a bit behind.
    curious did u main heal before or not?
    because honestly if not for healing i'd picked Legion over MoP (also holy priest was pure orgasm in animation in legion, i literally lvled a priest purely to see him heal, sadly i didn't even start play priest prior to patch 7.3 -.-)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

MoP easily but BFA introduced the Zandalaris as a playable race which is a huge deal for me.
    Last edited by Zandalariprelate; 2019-12-11 at 08:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Legion (Aug. 2016-Aug. 2018)
    Mists of Pandaria (Sept. 2012-Nov. 2014)
    Cataclysm (Dec. 2010-Sept. 2012)
    Battle for Azeroth (Aug. 2018 - *Dec. 2020)
    Shoving sharp objects under my fingernails
    Warlords of Draenor (Nov. 2014-Aug. 2016)

That's my ranking.

Although I think MoP might've been a better expansion overall, but Legion appealed to me more.
    Last edited by RWQ; 2019-12-11 at 07:21 PM.

Warlords of Draenor easily

10+ Year Old Account
    Cata >= MoP > Legion >> WoD > Bfa

If you did not vote WoD you simply do not understand good game design.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    No? You went ahead and did all expansions for whatever reason.
    But this is getting off topic so I'm gonna end it here. Sorry about that.
    It's fine, but before going off topic, I spoke about all the expansions of the decade.

MoP>Cata>>Legion>WoD>BfA

MoP was just a dream come true for a WL main like me. The game will probably never be as fun as it was in MoP. But i can see that content wise it was not really that amazing. It was very solid, but I did not play most of the content, because it felt boring. Just raids (not lfr though, fuck that crap), some quests here and there and the timeless isle. But even without content I sometimes flew around and just killed random mobs, just because my class was so much fun. Something I don't even dream of doing in BfA. Also I like Alts and that was relatively alt friendly expansion.

Cata was the first expansion I got into raiding. Warlock was a harder class, dungeons were hard, but I liked that. It meant to learn every aspect of my class, something that currently is found only in PvP (which I don't play, because I'm not interested in PvP at all). Raids were fun, especially Firelands. And I really liked the new Zones. Though the reworked ones not as much. And alts were very easy to maintain, which I liked.

I resubbed for Legion after not playing most of WoD. And I was not impressed. AP grind was worse than daily quests in MoP, Garrison missions light were still in the game, my class was pretty gutted because DHs had to get their abilities from somewhere, Demo warlocks were unplayable and Destro was slowed down so much and just a rng fuckfest. Affli was pretty fun though! I quit before even finishing my Artifact weapon, the gated endless grind was a huge turnoff for me. I resubbed for 7.3 though and the game was pretty fun! M+ after the changes was cool, Argus raid was nothing special but not that bad. But it was a hell for Alts, because of the Legendary farm process and the fact, that you only have 5 zones to level in, so it's very repetitive.

WoD was MoP light with garrisons. I liked the concept of garrisons but hated the need to login daily to do the missions. I've had enough of that in MoP and it burned me out. After my guild got problems finding enough people for raids I quit. Also no flying was fun for leveling but crap in the lategame

BfA. I dinged 120, immediatly logged off and began to level an alt. WL is not fun. Worst iteration of destro and affli to date, only demo is bearable. M+ got an downgrade from Legion and the story is just boring and nonsensical. I switched to a Monk and took up healing, but healing is not really my style. I like DPS more. But after some weeks of raiding I could not really switch to another class/spec without having to farm all the azerite gear and I had not enough fun in the game to do so. So I unsubbed until Classic. I took a look at mechagon and Nazjatar and boy. Mechagon is okay, but Nazjatar without flying or stealth? hell no. I farmed until I unlocked flying and then quit the game. WL was not in a better state and to maintain an alt is torture. Also only 3 zones to level in? WTF Blizzard, just don't raise the levelcap if you can't be assed to create interesting leveling content.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2019-12-11 at 08:20 PM.

Tier 1:
    TBC, Wotlk, Legion

Tier 1.5:
    MoP

Tier 2:
    Cataclysm

Tier 3:
    WoD & BfA

MoP introduced us pedopandas, therefore it will be always the worst expansion in WoW's history. Rest of those are just "meh".

Legion - My second favorite expansion of All time, second only to Wrath. The world design (kinda claustrophobic) and classes weren't quite as good as Wrath and it didn't invest me in raiding quite as much but still top notch stuff.

MOP - Honestly didn't play this whole expansion, but what I did play for the last 10 months or so (all of SOO) was some of the most fun I've had in wow. Theme didn't hit home with me and I was burned on wow from cata (see below).

WOD - even those this expansion wasn't great and missed the mark in alot of ways, I still played it quite a bit. Raiding was good and some of the free form objectives you could do kinda felt almost old school (spending hours in Nagrand trapping). Needed more content and island shouldn't have been cut.

BFA - not as bad as people say but not great either. Most of my current fun has nothing to do with endgame. Anniversary and the levelling restructure for lower levels saved it. Islands could have been great if they were non timed exploration content but current structure ruined them completely (except for m+, timers can piss off). Ditto for warfronts - great idea, trash tier execution.

Getting punched in the face

Getting repeatedly sacked

Getting my arm broken

Cata - Hyperbolic obviously and I don't feel as strongly about it as I used to but I still hate what this expansion did to the game.

For context I'm alliance, and we got hard screwed on the revamp. Alot of my favourite zones were RUINED aesthetically forever (darkshore, ashenvale, for example) the ones that weren't were simply lesser versions of themselves. The only good revamp imo was the Forsaken zones, the rest was trash tier garbage that actually helped kill my love for the game.

Hyjal and Twilight were pretty meh and plagued with that overly business that alot of the revamped zones had issues with (and has been plaguing the game ever since) and Uldum should have been great but was instead a massive meme. That being said - while I didn't like it at the time because of how weird it felt - Vashj'ir has become one of my favourite zones in the game and Imo a case study for building a freeform non claustrophobic zone design with still lots going on. I wish they would go back to that and Deepholm when building new zones because those and Wrath zones hit the mark for me in a big way.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    MoP introduced us pedopandas, therefore it will be always the worst expansion in WoW's history. Rest of those are just "meh".
    Pedopandas? Wtf is wrong with you?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Legion for sure.

Cata and MoP next.

Everything else falls off a huge cliff.