Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Great starting experience but it starts to drag around low to mid 40s and then never recovers.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad it exists and hopefully we get TBC eventually, then I wouldn't care if they continued it or not.

Glad it exists because it's a novel experience that people like me who didn't get to experience it, can do so for the first time. I'm back to playing retail though because it's got more content I want to do and I wanna have free time to do other things/play other games.

It's ok, I've been playing on a hardcore server where most players are meta slaves, not a super fun environment.
    Edit Signature.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are who we thought they were

5+ Year Old Account
    I think it's great.

10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    I enjoyed it. got to 60, got dungeon geared out, got some raid gear. But in the end the 2019 audience is far more aggressive about their playstyle that they use the systems in place to garner every advantage they can (e.g. Speedrun everything, honor farm during phase 2, Av premades, WSG group exploit). Thats to be expected with a solved game but its what makes it not fun for me
    Torchlight II Vanilla Player
    Looking for a vanilla only group?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739

hit level 42 and realized I don't find any of the systems in classic fun anymore.

It's like every other vanilla private server over the past 10 years.

No challenging content.

Even more boring than retail. I've got better things to spend my time on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Reached 60, got most of pre raid bis. Got bored. Played classic back in the day, doesn't feel fun like it used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishyface View Post
    I enjoyed it. got to 60, got dungeon geared out, got some raid gear. But in the end the 2019 audience is far more aggressive about their playstyle that they use the systems in place to garner every advantage they can (e.g. Speedrun everything, honor farm during phase 2, Av premades, WSG group exploit). Thats to be expected with a solved game but its what makes it not fun for me
    I never reached level cap in (real) classic, but I cant tell you without a shadow of a doubt that this mentality was already in full affect during TBC.
    Last edited by Neuroticaine; 2019-12-28 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    Great starting experience but it starts to drag around low to mid 40s and then never recovers.
    I've not seen a more accurate take than this so far. I got excited coming home from work to play Classic, took time off etc, then I got my mount and realised that literally nothing changes between then and being BWL/Naxx geared because I had my entire rotation already and the endgame content is not really any harder than questing and to even get to that point I'd have to play another 6-8 hours per level for another 20 levels and I just stopped logging in. The game hits a real solid wall at that point and there really isn't anything inspiring you to push through it unless you are chasing the nostalgia hit of the endgame raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    Having to put an end to it because Classic is like cocaine. You love it but its never enough and it will ruin your life and your wallet. So I quit :'(

Wtb being 14 nolifer again
    It costs like 9 pounds a month, hardly going to break your wallet xD

You can still play in moderation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hit 60 on 2 mage and shaman. Did weekly raid on mage (got bis for MC), prepred shaman for pvp as i got bored of "just log for raids".
    PvP is boring af with the current meta of speed run everything.

Now I quit cuz there's nothing to do

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    I never reached level cap in (real) classic, but I cant tell you without a shadow of a doubt that this mentality was already in full affect during TBC.
    Oh yes expect the a meta to exist in TBC too, but in TBC you could at least play most of the specs, unlike in classic where there are some specs that people deny cuz meta says they suck (dps sham, dps druid, non heal pala..).

10+ Year Old Account
    Was fun, but it's almost 2020, and I don't have time for that anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

High quality, well designed game.

Made it to level 3 or so, same shit different colors

I'll stick to retail and NEW content.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Well that's literally what's happening.
    I literally think that you don't know, what literally literally means.
    Level squish to 60.
    It's just a a vague number. Just as whole concept of "leveling". It can mean a lot of things or nothing at all. It could be any number really, they wanted to make it appear/feel smaller than current 3-digit one and 60 has a "historic association"- so they went with that, but it very well could be 30/45/90 or any number they felt fit.
    Redesigning classes.
    happened every expansion so far with different scope, and I believe I have seen someone of "blues" saying that they don't plan any "big" redesigns this time around (such like in Legion), but I could very well be wrong here, so far not much is known about their plan on "class design" other than added back some niche abilities... aaaand that's about it.
    Changing gameplay.
    what do you even mean?
    Because the loud minority is loud and annoying enough to get Blizzard to change their game.
    A point could be made that they released Classic in spirit of dividing both "old" and "new" WoW "styles" so that one doesn't affects another.

So all in all I think that you are wrong and your whole assumption that SL will be changed to somethow resemble classic is a liquid BS not supported by any evidence or reason, other than it too has a lvl 60 level cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    It costs like 9 pounds a month, hardly going to break your wallet xD

You can still play in moderation.
    Well the knockoff effect is making less money IRL because you are committing everything to an online game, and I can't play in moderation, not WoW :P
    -K