Looking for some cooking leveling guides that dont use meat

Evening ladies and gents. got a question for you.

it's about professions. cooking specifically

i have a website i use for developing professions and usually it works fine.

the only profession its no use for is cooking. mainly because it seems to rely primarily on either meat or using the auction house for getting the materials to develop the professions.

which in my mind is a little dumb. for gold strapped players

so my question is. does anyone know where i could find a guide for leveling cooking through the expansions. that only uses fish?

How is fishing faster than quickly murdering a few mobs when you're max level?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

mobs wont always drop what i need. fishing might take longer but it's less hassle especially in later expacs when u need more mats for leveling

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know that you'll find an already setup guide for something that specific. Most "guides" are about doing things the fastest (or cheapest), which wouldn't really be limited to 'just one type of...' any recipe or ingredient.

I think the easiest way for you to figure this out is just get a complete list of 'regular' cooking recipes, throw out all the ones that use anything other than fish.

See what that leaves you - check the levels you need to cook them.

I think what you're going to find is that there aren't enough "fish only" recipes to level cooking. Some levels in there, yes, but I honestly doubt the game has enough "fish only" recipes that you can string together in order to not have to use any other 'main ingredient' for cooking. ESPECIALLY in the earlier levels, and before we had group and raid-wide buff food that used up a lot of fish.

BUT - what you might be able to work from there, is seeing what levels you cover with "fish only" recipes and then going and seeing what the easiest/cheapest/farmable (whatever your criteria you're going for) recipes are from there to flesh out whatever levels you're needing to bridge to get between "fish only" recipes.

Good luck. But I have a feeling you're going to have to create the list you're looking for.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

yeah i looked on wowhead tonight and there are fish only recipies scattered thru the professons.

at the minute it isnt a major issue since my death knight is in bfa but i wanted to look into it for when i started leveling my horde main in 9.0 next year.

the gamepedia site also shows what levels the different recipies will stay useable to. altho the levels are pre bfa. but still viable

- - - Updated - - -

to be honest the only reason i'mlooking into this is bcause i dont like just relying on loot drops for developing cooking.

fishing might take longer but at least it's a stable source

10+ Year Old Account
    Most guides dont use fish since they are a hassle to collect and are often more expensive than meat.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..