Thread: [Movie] Cats

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

[Movie] Cats

wtf

10+ Year Old Account
    Me and my girlfriend loved the musical. Don;t hate. Although this looks creepy as fuck because of the CGI :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-07-18 at 10:56 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I'm not that big into musicals, but I feel the characters look... weird... surreal even. But this wasn't for me from the beginning.

Crinche or Memefest 2019 you choose!

5+ Year Old Account
    Oh, er...

No, I don't think I'll be watching that.

So I've seen a lot of creepy fucking shit in my day, but holy fucking Jesus shit, this is fucking terrifyingly creepy and cringey. This is a furrie's wet day.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

The only good version of Cats was in Kimmy Schmidt.

I used to be a big fan. Caught the last show on Broadway (in 2000) at the Wintergarden, and the last show on the West End (in 2002) at the New London Theatre.

This looks and sounds like shit to me.

Maaaan, it's like Sir. Ian McKellen won't say no to anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    So I've seen a lot of creepy fucking shit in my day, but holy fucking Jesus shit, this is fucking terrifyingly creepy and cringey. This is a furrie's wet day.
    Judging by the youtube comments I've seen, apparently even furries think this looks creepy as fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Judging by the youtube comments I've seen, apparently even furries think this looks creepy as fuck.
    Furries can never agree on what furries should look like. Either it's anime-wannabe-mascot-rejects or it's hyper-realistic-animal-people or it's some kind of human-animal-hybrid, they'll never fucking agree. Though they will all probably agree there isn't enough yiffing.

Anyway, do any of the people bitching remember what the actual Cats musical looked like?

Bunhca 80's furry Kiss fans in legwarmers.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Today on the list of things we didn't need in this world...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Anyway, do any of the people bitching remember what the actual Cats musical looked like?

Bunhca 80's furry Kiss fans in legwarmers.
    Yeah and while that is strange, at least at the end of the day it is just people in make-up. The bizzare CGI nightmare of the new movie is on an entirely different level. This has got to be the most unintentionally terrifying horror movie in years. I guarantee it will not be long until someone re-cuts this trailer with music from a horror movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Yeah and while that is strange, at least at the end of the day it is just people in make-up. The bizzare CGI nightmare of the new movie is on an entirely different level. This has got to be the most unintentionally terrifying horror movie in years. I guarantee it will not be long until someone re-cuts this trailer with music from a horror movie.
    What's wrong with the CGI, exactly? I watched the clip. It's certainly weird to see what could ostensibly be taken for IRL cat people, but it's not nightmare fodder by any stretch. No weirder than seeing CGI orcs.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

- - - Updated - - -

What's wrong with the CGI, exactly? I watched the clip. It's certainly weird to see what could ostensibly be taken for IRL cat people, but it's not nightmare fodder by any stretch. No weirder than seeing CGI orcs.
    I'm trying to like what I see...

but...to me "Cats the Musical" is about live theatre.

Seeing it in a different medium, I mean even the version seen on 1998 (?) was pretty much the theatre musical on film.

This just doesn't look or sound good to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t think I’m sophisticated enough to see this.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I'm trying to like what I see...

but...to me "Cats the Musical" is about live theatre.

Seeing it in a different medium, I mean even the version seen on 1998 (?) was pretty much the theatre musical on film.

This just doesn't look or sound good to me.
    I understand feeling that the medium is not appropriate. But that doesn't say anything about the quality of the production. The visuals look good, and frankly I don't even remember what the actual Cats sounds like (my VHS copy burned up in a fire) and I only ever saw a live production of it once. My biggest takeaway from it was just that "this is weird".

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not that they are CGI, it's that they are a poorly done mix of CGI and live action. Maybe it is just because it reminds me far to much of this:

Because when someone sees "omg A bad. B good. ):<" they immediately take it for fact and as their own opinion.