Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    To be fair, we only see that view at the start of the Forsaken starting area, not much later, and most of those that think like that end up joining a small faction of Undead that want to destroy the Forsaken, so they get annihilated.

Is true that many do see their existance as a "problem" per se, and till CATA we were shown that the main reason they still exist was thanks to Sylvanas (as she gave them a reason to exist), but right now there's no much talk about that (IMHO that's weird, as now Sylvanas is gone, so unsure how the justify themselves, but i guess Lilian Voss is trying to make sure they find their reason)
    That's not at all what i'm talking about. Many Forsaken are either apathetic to or accepting of the fact that they will eventually die out without outside intervention.
    They're not actively trying to get themselves killed. It wouldn't make much sense for them to go out in search of a way to continue their people.

Shadowlands might introduce an element to answer this, but right now? If the views of the Desolate Council is representative of the larger population it looks like they're on their way to let themselves die out. How they now feel about Sylvanas should back this up, considering she was the prime champion for raising new citizens.

There's a chance that any future corpses will be raised with Holy magic like Calia was. Considering how clumsy Blizzard's writing has been of late, they can make that somehow more okay than Val'kyr rezzing. We can be like "...why? How?", but don't expect a coherent answer. I'd be positively surprised if the solution is rather some old school necromancy from Maldraxxus.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Putting my money on "fresh recruits" from the Lich King's loosed Scourge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Numbers never matter for WoW in any meaningful fashion other than a plot point. The Orcs came to Kalimdor years ago with like 3 boats that carried their race and after well over a decade of near constant fighting, they have a populated capital and enough Orcs to spread to various parts of the world for various duties.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seylene View Post
    Are the Forsaken content as a subsistence race?
    If Golden's characterisation of the Forsaken in BtS is to be followed, all of them want to die for good because they are sad, except for a small group of fanatic Sylvanas loyalists.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Well... Now with Sylvanas gone and the Valkyrs gone from the ranks of the Forsaken, we are back at the Forsaken before Cata with their problem of lack of ways to regain their numbers, i assume that for the moment, they won't have much of a problem with that, as they recruited a decent group of Forsaken in the last war, but what will happen with them now?

With the destruction of the Helm of Domination, will the Forsaken go for the same tactic they used before Wrath of the Lich King? Briging the now free Undead from the Scourge into the Forsaken, this is nothing more than a temporal solution but is better than nothing, though i wonder if Blizzard will show this in the pre-expansion patch or even mention this?
    I don't know how the Helm of Domination even worked, considering that the Forsaken weren't taken back into the control of the Lich King. That did not even apply for the undead that were in Northrend, or that were a part of the raid of Icecrown Citadel. If i were to completely ignore all inconsistencies, i'd say that the undead released from Bolvar's control could have plenty of still sane members. That would replenish a lot of the forces of the Forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Numbers never matter for WoW in any meaningful fashion other than a plot point. The Orcs came to Kalimdor years ago with like 3 boats that carried their race and after well over a decade of near constant fighting, they have a populated capital and enough Orcs to spread to various parts of the world for various duties.
    Indeed. I actually engaged a Blizzard dev on another forum. He spoke of how, initially, numbers were supposed to be pretty small for all races (like the combined total of Forsaken, Draenei and Blood Elves was under 100k) though that was apparently increasingly abandoned as such numbers could not justify more WOW expansions. Now we have Alex Asfrasbi, in a 2017 interview, saying there are 'tens of thousands' of adventurers alone. Adventurers are supposed to be rare in lore. I think its healthier to just assume high numbers at this stage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenmasterStar View Post
    I don't know how the Helm of Domination even worked, considering that the Forsaken weren't taken back into the control of the Lich King. That did not even apply for the undead that were in Northrend, or that were a part of the raid of Icecrown Citadel. If i were to completely ignore all inconsistencies, i'd say that the undead released from Bolvar's control could have plenty of still sane members. That would replenish a lot of the forces of the Forsaken.
    Well... the Forsaken storyline explains that once they are free, is hard for the LK to just take them back into his fold, but they did showed, that as a Forsaken gets older, their grip becomes weaker and they start hearing the Whispers of the LK again, ever so slowly growing louder until they were lost again in his control.

Note: They did mention that the Forsaken hear the whisper more strongly the closer they are to the LK.

Note2: After Arthas died, Sylvanas stopped hearing the LK whisper, even though Bolvar was already in the throne, maybe because he was still weak, or just didn't bother on trying to take control of the Forsaken again, who knows