Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    The worst thing about classic's R14 is that while its the same grind as in vanilla, you are prohibited to get the old prestige achievements out of it.
    Just like the Old School Ride / original epic mounts are not included for the first to level to 60 get 1000g in time, neither is the whole PVP grind worth anything.

I really have a hard time to understand the R14 weapon grind POST-weapon-normalisation (Patch 1.8). The only "OP" things are left in classic 1.12 are the high ilvl naxx weapons and silly enough the trash-drops (Servo Arms).
    If I can go into the future and actually be awarded aq40/naxx spell power gear, let me know. For now the rank 10 (no way will I have a shot at anything beyond that) is the best spriest or smite priest gear I'll be able to get. Lord knows I can't plan on getting dps caster gear from raids.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    If I can go into the future and actually be awarded aq40/naxx spell power gear, let me know. For now the rank 10 (no way will I have a shot at anything beyond that) is the best spriest or smite priest gear I'll be able to get. Lord knows I can't plan on getting dps caster gear from raids.
    With benediction/anathema there was never a good reason to even bother with anything above R13 even when you wanted the full stamina from epic gear.

R10 with the quest weapon is more than enough with a borderline OP class as spriest, you will never have issues with blue vs full R14 geared oponents. T2.5 would be a sweet long term goal even if you raid casually, since its just time gated with reputation. You would never use R13 gear over T2.5 as a spriest.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    While it is possible for a single human to do it, I'm sure most (by most I mean 99.99%) shared an account on the same PC/IP. As long as you have a friend or two to help you out while you can't play ON THE SAME IP/PC -can't stress same IP/PC enough- it can be done.
    I disagree. I did it on my own back in vanilla. On a high pop server too. Didn't have anyone to help me. 16h a day was enough for my server. Even the horde on my server went to sleep at some point since they stopped queuing, which meant you now had time to sleep as well. This will be harder to achieve though on cross-realm BGs, because the pool of players is way higher. There's likely people playing even through the dead of the night. That wasn't the case on my server back in the day.

Rank 11-12 is probably possible.
    Not even close to 14 tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Babadoo View Post
    Rank fuckin 8 is now impossible with 8hrs per day. Honestly its disgusting
    Ratraces are that way. never designed to let you reach the top and be done

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akasha64 View Post
    I disagree. I did it on my own back in vanilla. On a high pop server too. Didn't have anyone to help me. 16h a day was enough for my server. Even the horde on my server went to sleep at some point since they stopped queuing, which meant you now had time to sleep as well. This will be harder to achieve though on cross-realm BGs, because the pool of players is way higher. There's likely people playing even through the dead of the night. That wasn't the case on my server back in the day.

that wont be possible today since the number of casuals not getting any honor is far to low on classic servers today so you have more people you need to beat now than before since the people today will have a lot more people in the race and as a result of that your ranking up will be slower since only a fixed amount of slots open regardless of how much you play. it is only a measure of how you compare to those around you. look on it as having to run a marathon with everyone around you being able to do it in 2.5 hr or less. lets say you have 1000 runners around you and 500 of them gets it done in 2h25min or better that you come in at 2h26min for a personal best doesnt mean you made the cut

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    it is only a measure of how you compare to those around you.
    Yeah, you compete with members of your own faction on your server. 16h/day I think can still get you rank 14 on Classic. Swifty for example moved to a lower pop server, and getting higher standings got way easier for him. Standing 1 always rewards 13k RP and that is the highest.

At the end of the day it depends on the competition on your faction/server like you said. What OP said is he wants to play 8 hrs/day which means 56 hrs/week, so basically he wants everybody else to play 55 hours or less per week (assuming everyone even farms honor at the same rate). Is that possible? Theoretically yes. Realistically? No. This game has a lot of neckbeards that play, but hey, maybe someone will get lucky that all the neckbeards who play this game all day went to certain servers, and only the casual dads are playing on the server he's on.

If a server existed where you are the only person that plays on that server, it would be easy to get rank 14, cause you are only competing against yourself (assuming you have toons on opposite faction to farm some HKs to give honor though). Getting standing 1 would be easy cause nobody else would be competing for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Domixux View Post
    It probably won't work in summer either because there will be other people waiting for this as well. People need to understand that the system doesn't care how much honor you individually earn. Its just comparing your number to other people. So as long there a bunch of people playing 8h1m a day (considering you get the same honor/h) you will never make R14.

And your statement about as soon as the first 5/6 people got it, only works in a premade setup where you are the only group going for the highest honor brackets. As soon as the first 5 people are done with their grind there will be new players stepping up or people going ham solo forcing you to commit your life to reach the highest rank.

Sure maybe it worked on your dead vanilla server but right now with the min/max mentality the people bring into classic there is no easy way to reach rank14 without commiting 16+hours a day (!) for a long period of time.

My idea is that I will step up my game as I position myself rank 13 . I can push harder now but I am fine with bracket 13 till rank 13.

Once they finish I will go hard probably someone will step up but people are not unreasonnable if its ur last week u will talk with them.

I mean most of the top 20 on my server already know each other since we were top 20/30 before that. We are all in same discords 10 people are in my guild so there wll be aystem put in place

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Rank 11-12 is probably possible.
    Not even close to 14 tho.
    No it's not. Not even remotely

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    not with all the Jokertv types and China boys cheating

Quote Originally Posted by Trefort90 View Post
    Hi,
    I'm wondering if I run AV 8hours/day, is it possible to reach the rank 14 or would I need to spend more time on it? Thanks.
    It's just a matter of time. As long as you gain more ranking points than your decay, you will progress further. This means at some point (at rank 13) you have to be in the top 0,002% (highest RP Bracket) of your factions player base to gain enough points to progress further.

you are loosing 20% of your current ranking points. At rank 13 you have received overall 55k+ ranking points to get there. In this case the decay translates in a ranking point loss of around 12k, throwing you back at rank 11. To counter this effect, you have to be at least on the last spot of the top 0,002% of your factions leader board.

If your faction on your server does not offer enough people which actively pvp (less than 500), the top 0,002% player base would translate into 0 players. No player would recieve the highest amount of ranking points, which are necessary to overcome rank 13.

this entire r14 system is just flawed in almost every aspect,not only does it go against the very nature of the faction war by making you basicaly compete with your own faction and not the one you are at war with lol,but it is very irresponsible by blizzard to implement a system that basicaly forces you to play non stop or break tos if you ever hope to gain it,people have died because of this very rank14 system,and I know people will say just dont do it bro!well its still hypocritical for them to do this knowing people will strive for it,makes the loading screen tip of ''take things in moderation even wow'' like a slap in the face,amazed no1 has sued them

With paid transfers open, just find a server with a dead faction and maybe a few more hours in AV will be enough to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    this entire r14 system is just flawed in almost every aspect,not only does it go against the very nature of the faction war by making you basicaly compete with your own faction and not the one you are at war with lol,but it is very irresponsible by blizzard to implement a system that basicaly forces you to play non stop or break tos if you ever hope to gain it,people have died because of this very rank14 system,and I know people will say just dont do it bro!well its still hypocritical for them to do this knowing people will strive for it,makes the loading screen tip of ''take things in moderation even wow'' like a slap in the face,amazed no1 has sued them
    Oh? Can you link a story where someone died cause of the rank 14 grind? Never heard of that one before. I've heard stories people dying cause of WoW, but not because of the r14 grind specifically.

Oh? Can you link a story where someone died cause of the rank 14 grind? Never heard of that one before. I've heard stories people dying cause of WoW, but not because of the r14 grind specifically.
    why else would someone be playing wow so much that they died from?fishing?lol

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    why else would someone be playing wow so much that they died from?fishing?lol
    This game has addictive qualities in many areas, not just the r14 grind....

Unless they specifically state they died from the r14 grind, I'm not believing it. Although it's a painful grind, I don't recall people dying cause of that grind on my server back in the day, myself included.
    Last edited by Akasha64; 2019-12-17 at 11:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siuo View Post
    maybe if you spend 16h
    20 isnt even enough

You are being ranked against players on your faction. So you'll need to play more than everyone else. So if everyone is playing 6 hours, you can get it by playing 7 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, whoever wants to go through with this, is insane.
    16 hours a day obsessively playing content coming from more than a decade ago, in order to get a title you can get on retail (with the difference that you actually keep it on retail), and get gear that really has no purpose apart from e-peen stroking since no raiding content requires such gear to be cleared.

You have to choose between working, furthering your education, or becoming rank 14 in a game.
    If your choice is rank 14, well, I am no one to question your life choices.

This game has addictive qualities in many areas, not just the r14 grind....

Unless they specifically state they died from the r14 grind, I'm not believing it. Although it's a painful grind, I don't recall people dying cause of that grind on my server back in the day, myself included.
    Blows my mind how someone can not grasp the simple fact that if anyone died playing to much wow,one of the reasons is most likely because of the one activity that requires them to play the most BY FAR,and yeah the game has addictive qualities,but nothing even comes close to r14,its the only thing in wow that if you want to get you have to play all day everyday non stop

Probably not if everyone is doing more than 8 hours a day since you basicly need to be the top dog of your faction in order to reach rank 14, so if everyone is doing 8 hour days, you need to do more than them vice versa.

And considering that that there are people out there crazy/dedicated enough to do 16-18H/day I'd say your chances are slim to none depending on server pop and how dedicated the people are.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2019-12-18 at 01:14 AM.