Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Nothing wrong with getting back there then it reduces back down.

Instead of continually growing to see billions and trillions.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Of course they don't 'NEED' to do anything (they could do nothing and let us get to billions of DPS like Diablo 3) but a perfect opportunity has presented itself with the level squish - why not take advantage of it?
    except we are NOWHERE near that level. we might have HP in the millions next expac depending on the gear but in terms of dps I don't think anyone can even do close to 100k sustained yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    except we are NOWHERE near that level. we might have HP in the millions next expac depending on the gear but in terms of dps I don't think anyone can even do close to 100k sustained yet.
    wut. people by the end of this expansion will be doing 60k sustained easy. youre saying that after 10 more levels and a whole new tier of gear they wont even do 100k?

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    stat squishing is the new class balancing. Example: This expansion DHs were too strong ? next xpansion with a squish they stealth nerf them ez pz no woman no cry
    This is styil alt acc for sure.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    wut. people by the end of this expansion will be doing 60k sustained easy. youre saying that after 10 more levels and a whole new tier of gear they wont even do 100k?
    I was talking about current expansion. next expansion we will easily do 100k

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Always troll/bait threads, still allowed to post. I dont get it.
    Why is discussing a stat squish (or lack thereof) trolling? OP does make some silly threads from time to time, but this isn't one of them to me.

OT: I really hope we won't be back to millions, or even worse, billions of DPS/HPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Why is discussing a stat squish (or lack thereof) trolling? OP does make some silly threads from time to time, but this isn't one of them to me.

OT: I really hope we won't be back to millions, or even worse, billions of DPS/HPS.
    because OP doesn't know what he is talking about. We definitely won't hit a million dps next expansion, we haven't even hit 100k this expansion. the power creep this expansion, if they continue, has been rather small compared to other expansions. we might hit a million hp, tanks definitely will, next expansion though. but every 2nd expansion is when they do a stat squish so it will be the one after shadowlands as the HP doesn't really matter - it's the dps that matters because that affects the boss HP which is why they started squishing stats in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    No I'm sorry, it was never stated stats weren't going to be adjusted.
    Yes, it was. They explicitly said "no stat squish, you will do the same damage in 9.0" at BlizzCon, and it's corroborated by the BlizzCon demo as well. They even went as far as to say that they specificially aren't doing it because of the level squish, to not give people a double whammy of feeling weaker.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course they don't 'NEED' to do anything (they could do nothing and let us get to billions of DPS like Diablo 3) but a perfect opportunity has presented itself with the level squish - why not take advantage of it?
    Because of the level squish. It will already be percieved as a loss of power, they don't want to put another one on top of that.

With no stat squish planned for Shadowlands, are we back to millions of HP and DPS numbers? What was the point of squishing in the first place?

Shadowlands has squished the max level to 50 (60). Why wouldn't Blizzard take this great opportunity to reduce the level 1-50 numbers all the way down to Vanilla levels, where a fresh max level has only a few thousand HP? That would've solved the stat inflation issues for at least the next decade.

It seems like a waste of development resources squishing the levels and keeping the gameplay the same. Blizzard had a great opportunity to really revitalize the leveling game but gave a half baked solution.
    Because they stated several times that the stat squish would be a recurring event, possibly after every other expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I see DPS ending this expac with about 500k. (mythic raiders or so).

I'm sure we'll see 2M as the late game norm in SL.
    Whoa, slow down there. Even good parsers rarely break the 65K mark currently. At most we'll reach near 100K (on single-target obviously) in BFA.

No idea what Shadowlands will look like, but I do expect us to break the million DPS at some point for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it really matter? Maybe they will, maybe they won't. By now, most of it is done with code templates.

Returning players who haven't been paying attention are going to have enough problems finding out that they're level 50. There's no particular benefit in having a stat/damage squish every expansion.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-12-21 at 08:11 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by daliric View Post
    I hope they dont do a squish again. It is still feeling beeing totaly wrong having these low numbers.
    it takes you 2 days and you are used to the new numbers. This is a non issue

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    it takes you 2 days and you are used to the new numbers. This is a non issue
    Except that goes both ways, so the squish is also rather pointless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Whoa, slow down there. Even good parsers rarely break the 65K mark currently. At most we'll reach near 100K (on single-target obviously) in BFA.

No idea what Shadowlands will look like, but I do expect us to break the million DPS at some point for sure.
    Maybe, but i wouldn't actually put the chance that high. We typically see single-digit increases over whole expansions. We might end up with 500-800k.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd be really suprised if the level squish would not also include a stat squish.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I'd be really suprised if the level squish would not also include a stat squish.
    Then you're going to be really surprised. They outright told us there won't be one, specifying that you will be doing the same damage after 9.0(i.e. prepatch) as before.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Except that goes both ways, so the squish is also rather pointless.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe, but i wouldn't actually put the chance that high. We typically see single-digit increases over whole expansions. We might end up with 500-800k.
    I remember that, after the squish, we did less than 10K DPS in Legion. Now we're at 50 to 70K for good players. So maybe you are right.

Still, I'm curious to see how the level 1-50 power curve will work out with no squish. The power increase will have to be even more exponential than it is now, given that 120 levels of growth are condensed in 50. Might mean the 50-60 increase is naturally even higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I remember that, after the squish, we did less than 10K DPS in Legion. Now we're at 50 to 70K for good players. So maybe you are right.

Still, I'm curious to see how the level 1-50 power curve will work out with no squish. The power increase will have to be even more exponential than it is now, given that 120 levels of growth are condensed in 50. Might mean the 50-60 increase is naturally even higher.
    Probably not. Remember that they have full control over that. The adjustment will likely be relatively linear.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    There is no need. They just cut levels in half and maybe redesign talents/spells, I don't get why number of your hp or damage has anything to do with that. We'll just get Legion numbers and they will squish it again in 10.0 (for cosmetic reasons).
    There was no need to squish stats in the first place as it never had any impact on gameplay. Instead of showing "14,991,042" damage you show "14.9M". Would have worked fine, not confused anybody, and it wouldn't have forced them to do tons of work fixing tons of broken encounters over months in the live game, annoying their customers. They did it because they wanted to.

There's actually a justification for squishing levels, and I agree with it. But if you're gonna do one, might as well do the other as keeping numbers low is certainly a dev priority and they already did all the hard work making number scaling actually work.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    I can never figure out if this guy is serious about his topics or if he's just doing bait threads..
    ^

10 characters

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    There was no need to squish stats in the first place as it never had any impact on gameplay. Instead of showing "14,991,042" damage you show "14.9M". Would have worked fine, not confused anybody, and it wouldn't have forced them to do tons of work fixing tons of broken encounters over months in the live game, annoying their customers. They did it because they wanted to.

There's actually a justification for squishing levels, and I agree with it. But if you're gonna do one, might as well do the other as keeping numbers low is certainly a dev priority and they already did all the hard work making number scaling actually work.
    There was a need the first time around, as it literally broke the game back then. They've since changed the engine to be able to support larger numbers, though. The second squish served no real purpose.