Thread: your pets diets

your pets diets

What animals do you have for pets and what do you feed them for their diets?

I have sugar gliders and make their food fresh every other month. It consists of yogurt, orange juice, oatmeal, fresh fruits, vegetabbles, and eggs.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I have a cat, I give her cat food.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I have a cat, I give her cat food.
    I have 2 cats. I give them 2 cat food.

On topic, I feed em this French (I think) stuff called Virbac, because when we got the first kitten registered at the vet the vetinarian made such a good job of selling us the benefits of it we stuck with it (cat 1 loved it). Vet clinic since changed management and they are now 'forced' to promote a different brand, but they don't seem remotely enthused by it and are happy to keep supplying the Virbac stuff so we're sticking with it, even if it takes about 10 days to order in. Kitten/Catten (27 weeks atm) 2 enjoys it loads too already so pretty straightforward to feed them the same stuff once he is old enough and snip snapped :P

It's dry food, but something something, low heat dried so it retains a much greater percentage of valuable shit than the fast-dried cheap stuff, w/e it was 6 years ago now; but yeah, so far so healthy so no complaints.
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2019-12-26 at 09:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    What animals do you have for pets and what do you feed them for their diets?

I have sugar gliders and make their food fresh every other month. It consists of yogurt, orange juice, oatmeal, fresh fruits, vegetabbles, and eggs.
    How is it"fresh" if you make it every other month? Perhaps frozen fresh or fresh frozen?
    In other news we have 2 cats that also get 2 cat foods, 2 guinea pigs and they get 2 guinea pigs foods, and 5 volcano shrimp that get nothing because they eat algea that grows on their rock house.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    How is it"fresh" if you make it every other month? Perhaps frozen fresh or fresh frozen?
    In other news we have 2 cats that also get 2 cat foods, 2 guinea pigs and they get 2 guinea pigs foods, and 5 volcano shrimp that get nothing because they eat algea that grows on their rock house.
    I make a month and a halfs worth and freeze it in portions.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

2 cats atm, feed them some affordable grain-free kibble with mixed wet toppings.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

15+ Year Old Account
    2 dog foods and 1 cat food. Unspecified amount of human food.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

15+ Year Old Account
    2 cats and i feed them dry food (for some reason they turn their noses at wet food) was thinking of getting a leopard gecko and for that it would be meal worms or crickets (would use dubia roaches but they are illegal to own in florida)

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

1 dog, dry food and carrots for her teeth. Meat occasionally

10+ Year Old Account
    3 dogs, they typically get raw chicken legs or wings most days.

This week is special, they're getting elk shanks from this year's tag.
    Government Affiliated Snark

One-year-old rabbit.
    7 to 8 carrots, vegetable leaves, and water a day.

our cats get tuna, beef mince and some tinned cat food

then as a snack they get some dried stuff

Dog food for geezer dogs. Plus whatever her yield from counter surfing/trash rooting/begging/4-year-old dropping is.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

when i adopted my cat i got a free bag of food, and when i got to the vet they sell special diet versions of that brand.

so i just assume that brand is good cat food. (though in reality it's probably just a marketing scheme and the regular food is just the ground up animal intestines/waste/byproduct that your average animal food is)

as long as the vet doesn't complain about it i guess its fine.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Two dogs. Are mostly fed dry dog food. Each morning I give the older one, a little bit of dried cranberries and part of a banana. They also get sardines mixed in with some other food occasionally for supper. The older one is 13 and the other is 5 and both are very healthy, so guess we are doing good with the feeding.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

One dog eats whatever, just give him dog food etc. The other dog, a dingo, is a bit pickier, she needs raw cuts of beef, usually with a sprinkle of cheese. She ignores dog food.
    My bearded dragon is on woodies (cockroaches) and home grown silkworms plus some carrot and mustard greens.

I was feeding my cats Trader Joe's canned food, but after we moved they refused to eat it anymore. I reluctantly put them back on a dry food I know they both go crazy for, but I need to get them back on a wet food for their health. Finding one they'll eat that's good quality and budget friendly has been a challenge though.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Cat, gets wet and dry food, and whatever bits of mice she catches in the garden and doesn't decide to gift to us in the morning. She refuses to eat "human food" other than butter and yoghurt.