Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Yes pls, gimme Bloodborne. Lul

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MeTaL GuArD View Post
    Imagine now, the glorious future: ALL of the races currently in the Horde, allied or otherwise, interbred for long enough to create a single race with ALL of their traits(throw in the Stonemaul ogres into the mix for added insanity).

The vomit bucket is in the corner.
    It's a well known fact that muts live longer and healthier lives then pedigrees

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Yeah given the lifespan of Elves there's basically no chance the Horde even still exists by the time it's going to be an issue, and thus would go their alliance with any kind of Troll.

The only non-Elven race that Blood Elves ever got along with for any serious length of time for them has been humanity.
    Depends. In most fantasy settings, long lived races breed rarely or slowly. Unfortunately for such races, the WoW is is in a never-ending faction war that should have destroyed entire generations of multiple races.

Also, I'm fuzzy on the origins of High Elves so where did they originate? Night Elves descended from Trolls but I can't remember the where the rest of them came from
    Last edited by Theangryone; 2019-12-22 at 09:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Dunno why not, troll guys are pretty irresistible.

snipped

They got the mojo (ah, oldy but a goody)
    I'm playing a zandalari male just for the abs. ._.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Yea, except they aren't dogs, and no abomination half troll elf is going to have a longer life span than a pure elf.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    Depends. In most fantasy settings, long lived races breed rarely or slowly. Unfortunately for such races, the WoW is is in a never-ending faction war that should have destroyed entire generations of multiple races.

Also, I'm fuzzy on the origins of High Elves so where did they originate? Night Elves descended from Trolls but I can't remember the where the rest of them came from
    High Elves were exiles from Night Elves because they did not want to forbid Arcane magic. They were mostly followers of Azshara or Nobles etc...

Why should Elves breed with Trolls if they have each other? The only "interbreeding" I see is Lor'themar dating Thalyssra.

Don't get me wrong, I find Trolls quite sexy, but they also have each other and probably don't find Elves that suitable for their needs (though the more rough and larger Night Elves could be an exception).

I'd even say that Trolls don't find any race without tusks attractive.
    Last edited by scubi666stacy; 2019-12-23 at 09:23 AM.

This comes from the fact that most pedigrees are totally inbred. Which should not happen in a stable, healthy population with enough genetic variance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scubi666stacy View Post
    This comes from the fact that most pedigrees are totally inbred. Which should not happen in a stable, healthy population with enough genetic variance.
    Well that's because the Kennel club has pushed inbreeding for its deluded concept of perfection, which harms the animals with genetic deformities, where as these same cults look at mixed breeding as disgusting, which lets the animals have healthy traits from parents who aren't related.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    I'm playing a zandalari male just for the abs. ._.
    Me too lol. The fact that you can now hide your chest armor makes it even better
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post

High Elves came from Night Elves, they're the mutated descendants of the Hightborne caste that were thrown out by Malfurion and Tyrande for their refusal to give up arcane magic.

Edit: Oh, didn't see someone else already answer you. My bad.

I was always under the assumption interbreeding was extremely rare or taboo to some races, especially to the elves unless something has been retconned and im not aware.

Why settle for Trolls when they can have Tauren and Vulpera?!

Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    this isnt a subject that interests me personally but i know that blood elf players tend to have a strange obsession with the idea of racial and cultural purity so i figured it might be of interest to them.

we know trolls and elves have common ancestry so they can probably breed. and the horde is pioneering relations between trolls and elves to levels never thought possible before. we have the zandalari empire teamed up with the highborne night elves with no hint of trouble or bad blood between them. it's an amazing feat of diplomacy.

we know that no matter what, when you start getting 2 cultures friendly and near each other they naturally get close and begin to intermingle and breed. it seems likely to me that half-troll half-elves are possible and no doubt the horde is the #1 place these relationships can thrive.

since blood elves and nightborne are both almost extinct and don't breed anywhere near close to the rate that trolls do, it seems very likely that in the near future, the already dwindling elf populations could see a surge of half-elf half-troll births. as this went on, we'd naturally see the genetics trend more toward the troll side to things, just as a natural result of trolls breeding faster than elves. further along in the timeline we'd likely see silvermoon's toxic culture dismantled as those with troll ancestry push for more troll culture in the city, and both silvermoon and suramar eventually being subsumed into a greater troll empire within or beside the horde, while elf "purists" are rightfully scorned and exiled for their backwards conservative views on race.

i am 100% all for this btw, i love the idea of half elf half trolls as a race, and it sounds like the logical path forward for the blood elf story and the horde culture as a whole, more integration, more intermingling, and a stronger, better nation from the sum of its parts. it would also be a great way for blizzard to come down against the undercurrents of fascism and racism that exist not only in the horde storyline since bfa, but as we have seen, are deeply rooted in the horde fanbase itself.

what do you think? could we see half elf/half trolls as a potential future allied race, replacing blood elves? or is this something that could be a cool new addition for the horde in warcraft 4?
    I remember a half troll half night elf in a comic!

but I doubt it happens with the horde elves.

instead, nightborne and sindorei are likely to reproduce among themselves.

lorthemar and thalyssra is already something suggested in 8.3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Me too lol. The fact that you can now hide your chest armor makes it even better
    Right? I was wearing demon hunter gear until that came out lol

Why do I get the feeling OP is just using Horde races as an excuse to talk real world politics?

Muts tend to live longer because they haven't been subject to hundreds of years of selective breeding to enforce certain visual traits that lead to poor health. Generally speaking pure bred dogs would have the same life spans if not for human interference. If you want to be specific about it, pure bred dogs are just the muts of 500 years ago.

Not a chance. The only way i can see troll/elf bastards happening is through rape. And even then, chances are likely the (elven) mother won't even survive the whole ordeal.

I actually had a lot of fun trying to imagine, what the offspring would look like. I even tried to draw one just that I could have a clear image about it.

And it wasn't so bad (although I might have a bad habit of beautifying things simply to please the eye more).