Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Right. He was fighting to survive not a government.
    And nothing in this quote is about the reason he fought; just that he was.

"What do you know? We don't all have the luxury of deciding when and where we want to care about something. Suddenly the Rebellion is real for you. Some of us live it. I've been in this fight since I was *six* years old. You're not the only one who lost everything. Some of us just decided to do something about it."

So, again, not a contradiction.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    They wouldn't have had the weapons to defend themselves, and no, hunting animals wouldn't be a justification; hunting is completely separate from battle.
    What is the difference between a blowgun for battle and a blowgun for hunting? The same weapons they used could be used for hunting. Just as Andor was scolded for wanting to go (put on the "paint") even though he would have been fighting for 3 years at that point. Even the way he acts doesn't indicate a 3 year veteran as he has to be "pulled down" by others when they are trying to keep a low profile. It also seems deliberate that they didn't have him fire/blow his darts. As if he is inexperienced.

They also don't clamber over machinery. The walk by the top edge of an old quarry and all the machinery inside it. The others may have been familiar with technology but Andor see's his reflection and is awestruck at first but then goes into a rage smashing it. Sure he is upset over his crush or leader getting killed but he also seems to be awestruck at the first sight of B2EMO.

It all points to a contradiction and that he hasn't really been fighting since he was 6. Struggling to survive? Sure. The two are not the same in the context of his speech since Jyn also would have been struggling to survive since she was 8 when she was raised by a Saw. Of course it isn't that big of a contradiction but it is still one nonetheless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    And nothing in this quote is about the reason he fought; just that he was.
    "In this fight" implies the rebellion. What else is the this referring to in that context? It is a lie or a contradiction.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

This is kind of a silly argument, but it is true that the events of Andor kinda take some of the wind out of that speech in Rogue One.

I mean, maybe he was living a rough life as a kid, but he wasn't "in THIS fight" all that time.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    He's here to shitpost. The strawmanning is just to argue for the sake of arguing. It's impossible to talk sense into someone who is only interested in arguing in bad faith.
    Both of them are here for the same reason. It's so fun watching both of them doing the same routine to one another. /popcorn
    /spit@Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    In this fight" implies the rebellion. What else is the this referring to in that context? It is a lie or a contradiction.
    See prior point about viewing the Republic/Empire as the same.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Like, it literally is the same. The Republic morphed smoothly into the Empire without conflict and with great acclaim. That's literally the point of Padme's line in the prequels; "So this is how democracy dies; with thunderous applause". Republic clone troopers were the original Imperial Stormtroopers.

The Republic, pre-Empire, was deeply corrupted and collapsing in on itself. It's a super blatant allegory for the rise of Nazism in the Weimar Republic. If you were opposed to the Republic's control, you wouldn't be any happier under the Empire.

15+ Year Old Account
    Which is about the reason why he fought. Rebellion.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is about the reason why he fought. Rebellion.
    He never stated his reason in that quote.

"What do you know? We don't all have the luxury of deciding when and where we want to care about something. Suddenly the Rebellion is real for you. Some of us live it. I've been in this fight since I was *six* years old. You're not the only one who lost everything. Some of us just decided to do something about it."

Notice, only one line used "I" the rest used "We" and "us" and other "you". Cassian never actually states his reason for fighting.
    –The Sith Code

More positive than negative, but still funny

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6_5fjY54oQ
    i died'd, when they cut from mon mothma to jar jar

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    i died'd, when they cut from mon mothma to jar jar
    His comments on Andy Serkis had me applauding

5+ Year Old Account
    I was worried in the beginning when he said kenobi was mostly good..still feels odd that is the same company that did these shows..

His comments on Deidra, well, when I think of her, I think of her interrogations vs those that reva did in kenobi..

And here I am turning it off after 30 seconds since I can't stand the voice

The kid crushed by the money. *chef's kiss*

This show flips my lid every time I am reminded of it. Outstanding writing.

His comments on Andy Serkis had me applauding
    Andy Serkis is just really great in everything. Apes together strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Andy Serkis is just really great in everything. Apes together strong.
    Clearly he was protraying Snokes backstory.

((Im kidding, we have a good chunk of Snokes origins))

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Simply a fantastic series - they just hit the whole fucking thing out of the park with this one. Writing, casting, direction, overall plot - that line in E9 "how many guards are on each level?"

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Simply a fantastic series - they just hit the whole fucking thing out of the park with this one. Writing, casting, direction, overall plot - that line in E9 "how many guards are on each level?"
    The best part. When Serkis answered. My entire household went "Oooohhh" collectively. Chills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The best part. When Serkis answered. My entire household went "Oooohhh" collectively. Chills.
    If I were pressed for the single best-written moment in the entire series, that's the one that would've been my pick. You didn't need Serkis saying "I'm in" or any bullshit like that. Just choosing to answer the question about how many guards, you knew. That's all you needed. It's so perfectly trimmed down to just the necessary, tightest elements.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yep...same with us. It was an amazing moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If I were pressed for the single best-written moment in the entire series, that's the one that would've been my pick. You didn't need Serkis saying "I'm in" or any bullshit like that. Just choosing to answer the question about how many guards, you knew. That's all you needed. It's so perfectly trimmed down to just the necessary, tightest elements.
    Same here - it was so well done, and as you said, perfectly trimmed, and timed.