Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    5-6 years old... MoP was just ending when I got this computer, and it's been a Champion War machine since.

I'm not sure, I think I built it like 2012-2013. So like 6-7 years. I'm looking to upgrade very soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disregarding monitors and accessories, the oldest part of my computer is one of the SSD's. I think that one is around 6 years old by now.
    The rest of the computer is all from this year.

Roughly 2 years.

Started to build December 2017, finished in January 2018 due to video card shortage (fucking cryptominers).

2-3 years figure it should last another 2-3 with no more than i'm gaming these days just WoW, SWTOR, and FF14. laptops are 2 years or so as well, but they work for research, surfing in the Den while watching TV.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

It's 2017 mbp 15". Prior to that I had 2014 mbp 13".

And I've upgraded only because I wanted a bigger screen - going from dual core to quad core did jack shit for my workflow - mainly Elixir and .NET development, some iOS Swift stuff and Javascript. Using Visual Studio Code, Rider, XCode, AppCode, WebStorm, DataGrip. Processors are fast enough for a long time now if you don't do video editing and for ML I'd rather use azure or w/e to scale up rather than waiting locally.

Caveat - I don't run a lot of stuff locally, I use my dev/prod server - half of xeon 6140 - dedicated 9 cores with 128 GB RAM for postgres, rabbit, elasticsearch, etc, as my 4G coverage is superb and, well right now on my phone it's over 200 mbps: https://imgur.com/a/d3rPp5g and when visiting my grandparents in remote village never saw it drop below 60 mbps. So yea, I need a computer as a terminal mostly.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

7+ Year Old Account
    13 months. Put it together during Thanksgiving break last year.

about 5 years now. built it many black fridays ago

10+ Year Old Account
    5+ years. 16Gb, 660Ti, 6Tb-Raid0, i5-3570K(3.4-3.8GHz). Still fine except video ofc. Last 10 years PC progress going rly slowly. Before that your PC become "junk" that required full upgrade in 3 years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Still using an intel core i5 4460, so around 6 years old now. Upgraded 2-3 gpu's in that time though.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    2 years I think, would be 3 in late 2020.
    And 4 in late 2021.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

My current one is actually roughly a week old, built completely from scratch with all new parts save for the drives that I moved from my previous PC(which was a little over 4 years old). Took me two damn days to build the thing, but it's probably the hugest and most impressive looking PC I have ever put together.

about 8 months old

Whenever Nvidia's 960 was released.
    Last edited by kail; 2019-12-26 at 03:08 AM.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

The oldest part of my box was bought 9 months ago, but then it was also a refurbished part. Difficult one to measure

my old computer with windows 7 dates back to 2008 era pc parts.

the new computer was built first quarter 2018
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Ship of Theseus. My computer has had nearly every part replaced at one time or another. The core is about 2 years old, but the case, PSU, DVD-RW drive(yes, I have one!), monitor, keyboard, were all bought at different times in the last 20 years. The case is the oldest part, bought in 2000.

15+ Year Old Account

HDD is about 5 years old. Everything else is 3 years to 2months old.