Thread: Aggra in WoD

Aggra in WoD

Hey everyone, hope you had a good New Years Eve

I remembered something the other day, from back in WoD.
    (I know we like to bash on it)
    When you first arrive in Frostfire Ridge, Thrall/Go'el/Green Jesus says that he left Aggra behind. And Khadgar mentions, that he can open a portal once(!) to Azeroth, pulling in Gazlowe and his crew to build the horde garrison.

But by the time we get to Nagrand, Aggra is there, which really confused me. Am I remembering wrong, in that we hadn't established portals or anything back to Azeroth at that time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Khadgar meant he could only temporally open a portal at that time. New portals opened in warspear later on where they brought resources to build the bases their, so likely other characters came though the portal there.
    Khadgars not the only guy who can open portals.

Other characters from azeroth did the same like brann bronzebeard and even neutral goblins in nagrand
    Last edited by Trassk; 2020-01-02 at 11:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    IIRC, they didn't clearly imply that other portals had open to bring additional forces to Draenor. Just bad writing, or writing from multiple teams like a similar issue with BfA.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    IIRC, they didn't clearly imply that other portals had open to bring additional forces to Draenor. Just bad writing, or writing from multiple teams like a similar issue with BfA.
    Not really, I mean it had bad writing yes, but you were told once you land in your faction towns how once portals were open between azeroth and draenor the towns really started to grow.
    You have a dungeon where mages have opened a portal to stormwind for the botany to come though into.

It's obvious after the start of the expansion that portals open all over to and from it.

@Trassk is right on this one. Further portal connections are canon on Ashran. It's how a lot of other forces got to Draenor that weren't at assault on the Dark Portal initially. Such as the Steamwheedle Preservation Society and most of Ashran. Also those guests in your Garrison Inn. Heck, even Vol'jin/Varian shows up to give you your General promotion at Garrison level 3.

They're not consistent on whether making portals and moving armies between the two worlds is hard or super easy. We do it just fine, but take down the dark portal that required constant soul fuel and 2 evil batteries and suddenly no more invasion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I think Khadgar could only do it temporarily due to how much mana/arcane it takes to make a portal on the spot to Orgrimmar, atleast in the Lore. Once we're settled in Draenor and have a few outposts, the mages we brought along do their mage stuff and set up more stable connections, or atleast that's what I interpret it as.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    I think Khadgar could only do it temporarily due to how much mana/arcane it takes to make a portal on the spot to Orgrimmar, atleast in the Lore. Once we're settled in Draenor and have a few outposts, the mages we brought along do their mage stuff and set up more stable connections, or atleast that's what I interpret it as.
    As I understand it to maintain portals permanently between locations like the portal rooms in org and sw, you need mages on both sides operating and maintaining, otherwise the portal collapses.

The exceptions something like the dark portal since while two powerful magic users created the standing stones on both sides they didn't need to maintain them, and what was created was made to stand for a long time so probably enchantment. (Also one being possessed by a demonic titan).

10+ Year Old Account
    The fewer questions about how portals and teleportation work the better. It's pretty much always muddled in any media where it's used commonly due to it being pretty OP without fluid rules.