Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Umm new talents? Pepperidge Farm Remembers

Feels weird to me that barely anyone ever notices/complains about the lack of new talents.

(WoD)
    Blizz: Here guys your new max level talents, have fun!
    Everyone: Yaaaay

(Legion)
    Blizz: Yeah nah...

(BfA)
    Blizz: -pokerface-

(Shadowlands)
    Blizz: Just gonna drop the maxlvl so nobody notices, no talents for you lil shits since 2014 lmaooo.

Is it really not a big deal that after lvl 100 you lose identity with your class and stop feeling rewarded while leveling because you stop looking forward for that new badass improving talent? smh

Their plan all along is to stop adding things they have to balance in the long term, that's why you keep getting abilities usable for that expansion and that expansion only.
    From a design perspective it's a great system, but you know... we have to complain anyway, right?

Well technically we have not had new rows added but the talents have changed and been revamped each expansion and also legion we got the artifacts that were a mini talent tree on their own

What does Blizzard love more than creating new things? Removing stuff.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshammutna View Post
    Feels weird to me that barely anyone ever notices/complains about the lack of new talents.

(WoD)

(Legion)

(BfA)

(Shadowlands)
    Blizz: Just gonna drop the maxlvl so nobody notices, no talents for you lil shits since 2014 lmaooo.

Is it really not a big deal that after lvl 100 you lose identity with your class and stop feeling rewarded while leveling because you stop looking forward for that new badass improving talent? smh
    people do complain. frequently. I myself have said that BfA would've been a very different expansion (at least in terms of class design) had they added talent rows for 110 and 120 to compensate the loss of legendaries and artifacts. However that is also why they are doing the level squish, to make talents more frequent and we get more spells and abilities

I knew it!

Blizzard's been McRibbing us with talents the whole fucking time!

No no, it's all our fault guys.

Everyone complained WoD was the worst expansion ever, and what did WoD give us? A new talent row!

Thus, no new talents means that every expansion after that will be superior in every way.

(WoD)

(Legion)

(BfA)

(Shadowlands)

It's a perennial complaint, but Blizz is on record saying that they wanted to move away from permanent boosts to players in favor of systems that will be left behind each expansion. It makes each expansion feel like a different game, lessens the chances of homogenization and stops button bloat.

All that said, I hate it and wish that we'd have at least one more talent tier at this point. Even if the talent was a choice of one of your stronger azerite traits.

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Their plan all along is to stop adding things they have to balance in the long term, that's why you keep getting abilities usable for that expansion and that expansion only.
    From a design perspective it's a great system, but you know... we have to complain anyway, right?
    There will likely always be player pushback against a system that gets discontinued at the end of an expansion though. There is a very vocal part of the community that is against ANYTHING being removed from expansion to expansion, even if it is only a temporary loss like flying.

Ikr, you guys just need to get used to less and less abilities so Blizzard can put WoW on to the consoles for all the mouth breathers and 10 year olds.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    It's a perennial complaint, but Blizz is on record saying that they wanted to move away from permanent boosts to players in favor of systems that will be left behind each expansion. It makes each expansion feel like a different game, lessens the chances of homogenization and stops button bloat.

All that said, I hate it and wish that we'd have at least one more talent tier at this point. Even if the talent was a choice of one of your stronger azerite traits.
    Leaving systems behind is an idiot waste of development time.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Spotted the Legion fan.

For the record, Legiondaries were the single shittiest idea Blizzard ever introduced into this game.

(WoD)

(Legion)

(BfA)

(Shadowlands)

legion had artefact and the 7.3 system,bfa has azerite and essences,and shadowlands will bring a bunch of new thing to classes

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Not really considering how each expansion is basically a game in and of itself and they've said they've had more problems balancing talents and abilities as they get more and more bloated.

Still don't like it, but I can see the logic behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I knew it!

Blizzard's been McRibbing us with talents the whole fucking time!
    LMFAO! You win the internet today!

We used to get 1-2 new spells per class, AND a new talent tier *PER SPEC*. Now we get no new spells and no new talent tier, but a new system they just abandon when the expansion is over for a new system.

I'd say that's plenty of grounds for criticism of a shit system they just keep throwing away. It's awful, obnoxious, you have to relearn the spec every single god damn expansion (something they EXPLICITLY DO NOT WANT players who quit to come back to); it's just all around counter-intuitive outside of balancing purposes, when if they actually gave a fuck, they could balance once weekly/once every 2 weeks instead of like balancing hotfixes during a tier, if that. It's a fucking joke how little they balance during a season.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I feel that blizz SHOULD add new talent ROWS...

BUT, those new rows don't give new talents, but instead allow you to pick from any other existing row. Should be fine.

Still, WoW is the ONLY MMO these days that actually REMOVES things in an expansion.

This completely messed up mindset is what encouraged them to make OW2 and call it a sequel rather then an expansion or DLC content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think, they need to do sub-talent trees or advanced talent trees, or expand the mastery system.

What we have right now, as a base is the probably the best starting point for such a concept,what Blizzard needs to work on...is something THAT is going to come with us into following expansions. I had hopes they'd try this with HoA and Essences, since other then a few minor problems in my opinion its a great system of progressive rewards and power. Probably the best they've added in years, if not ever. But alas it looks like it will be sitting tucked away with the other Artifacts of power

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    This mentality is kind of worrisome. Why would a consumer care about the design perspective? Why would you even expect them to? Consumers consume, not design. It is the designers' (and/or developers, artists, engineers, etc) job to design their own tools to make their production more efficient so they can deliver products the consumers will want to consume. If people complain it can be because they are being unreasonable but also because the designer failed to make their product appealing, no matter how "great" it is in their designer perspective or how much easier they made their own job.

Basically I pay money to be entertained, not to see someone make things easier for themselves. If all you care about is admiring how much they can cut corners then why not just skip the middle man and send them a check as a donation every so often. Those designers would appreciate it and their jobs would be that much easier. From a designer perspective it's the perfect system.
    Last edited by Hyral; 2019-12-19 at 05:39 AM.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

To be frank, I don't care what's great from a design perspective (that's subjective anyway) or what makes their job easier. I care about what's fun to me and having options. And the way they've been doing things has not been fun for me, nor gives me the options I desire in an RPG.

Consumers (players) tend to notice when companies cut corners in order to save themselves work.

It's not going to end well for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    This mentality is kind of worrisome. Why would a consumer care about the design perspective? Why would you even expect them to? Consumers consume, not design. It is the designers' (and/or developers, artists, engineers, etc) job to design their own tools to make their production more efficient so they can deliver products the consumers will want to consume. If people complain it can be because they are being unreasonable but also because the designer failed to make their product appealing, no matter how "great" it is in their designer perspective or how much easier they made their own job.

Basically I pay money to be entertained, not to see someone make things easier for themselves. If all you care about is admiring how much they can cut corners then why not just skip the middle man and send them a check as a donation every so often. Those designers would appreciate it and their jobs would be that much easier. From a designer perspective it's the perfect system.
    I responded to his comment before I saw yours.

You said it incredibly well.