Horrific Visions best Solo class?

Hey,
    Im trying to decide which class i should main with 8.3 and soloing the horrific visions is the main deciding factor.

Which class has the easiest time in soloing this content?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    Hey,
    Im trying to decide which class i should main with 8.3 and soloing the horrific visions is the main deciding factor.
    My serious advice - the best class to play in 8.3 will be the one you enjoy playing the most.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like this would be a nightmare (pun intended?) for melee classes. Hopefully as a lock main, I might have an easy time, though with gathering and wearing all 5 faceless masks, that will be the kicker.

As I understand it, the best way to get mementos in HV’s is in a 5 man group. As mementos are a limited thing, and impact directly how far you can push in a HV via hour legendary cloak, the best solo players will be the ones who first got the best party of 5 to have an edge over the soloists.

So the question is, which is the best class in the perfect 5 man group who will transition better into running the solo HV’s once their cloack is upgraded?

If you want to go solo from the begining then you will need a class with fast movement, self sustain and good dps. But you will be hindering yourself against 5 man groups.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroloGeo View Post
    As I understand it, the best way to get mementos in HV’s is in a 5 man group. As mementos are a limited thing, and impact directly how far you can push in a HV via hour legendary cloak, the best solo players will be the ones who first got the best party of 5 to have an edge over the soloists.

So the question is, which is the best class in the perfect 5 man group who will transition better into running the solo HV’s once their cloack is upgraded?

If you want to go solo from the begining then you will need a class with fast movement, self sustain and good dps. But you will be hindering yourself against 5 man groups.
    So.. 0 answer. It's not about being better than a 5 man group, it's about being good solo..

Hunter or umm dk, maybe dm

If you think visions will be this crazy challenging 2.0 mage tower where you actualt have to put effort tham i have bad news for you. Legendary cloak is something what everybody gets which also means vissions will be highly acessible to lowest commont dominator. And just like with islanda and warfronts it will be 1 big faceroll what you will do once a week and ne er touch it again.

Im seeing the HV being like the Nightfallen withered training from back in Legion. First few weeks/tries not many people will get far some may but not a lot when it comes to solo play. Those that do will most likely be in groups but after a while they become easier and easier with upgraded cloaks. Just like the training did once you got the items from the end chests to upgrade the troop types and what not.
    But if you really wanna do solo would say classes that have good self healing and what not. So DH, DK, and Pallies. But really play what you wanna play everyone has to do these to upgrade the cloaks so I cant see them being that overly hard in the end after week 2.

Well, staying away from what is better, solo or group, I will go off the Legion withered training. I had quite a few alts running them during Legion and found that my BM hunter and paladin tank were always able to run the best and furthest, from initial entry to end of expansion runs.

Given the DPS that I see coming out of Monk Tanks right now, unless nerfed, I would expect them to do well as well.

As with every question of the sort "whats best solo", its usually all the same choices all the time. OP FotM Tanks usually, DKs, DHs.

Same usual best solo classes as usual; Prot Pally, Blood DK, Demon Hunter, Hunter w/ tank pet, or Warlock w/ Voidwalker. I can solo anything on those 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    If you think visions will be this crazy challenging 2.0 mage tower where you actualt have to put effort tham i have bad news for you. Legendary cloak is something what everybody gets which also means vissions will be highly acessible to lowest commont dominator. And just like with islanda and warfronts it will be 1 big faceroll what you will do once a week and ne er touch it again.
    The base level Horrific Visions shouldn’t be too challenging (at least with all the upgrades), but I expect doing it with multiple masks will be pretty difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    Hey,

Which class has the easiest time in soloing this content?

Thank you!
    Probably WW monk and havoc DH. Other than these: tanks

I would assume something that has a mix of high sustainability and damage would be best. Some classes being Deathknights, ww monks, demon hunters, feral and balance druids, ret paladins and likely even hunters since their pets can heal.

Tanks can also be a good option given that you have good damage.
    Last edited by Infernoxas; 2020-01-03 at 06:25 PM.