Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

8.3 is 7.07GB from 8.2.5 - Enjoy the ride, folks!

And this is important to know why ? Yes games grows in complexity, the original wow was like 8-10 GB when it launched...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus. Now I'm wishing I would've turn on my PC to start the download before I went to work. That's alright I'll just play my PS4 in the meantime.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    And this is important to know why ? Yes games grows in complexity, the original wow was like 8-10 GB when it launched...
    I thought the initial client was a bit bigger than that, Blizz has just worked some crazy compression magic to keep it relatively small.

10+ Year Old Account
    Took a few seconds, oh no... *flexes sweet sweet fiber connection*

Guess it’s true. People can complain about literally Anything nowadays ������

Meanwhile Call of duty adds an extra 11 GB for "Lasers will not bug textures anymore". Corruption system is gonna be a blast, chug chug the GBs.

6 Minutes to download, another minute to finalize, done.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Telomir View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    My guess is that you are re-downloading modified versions of key files that aren't split into smaller chunks.. you are not actually adding 8-10 GB on top of what is already there, you're just re-writing roughly 8-10

i'm on a 128gb macbook
    fuck this shit i'm out
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

??

this took 6mins lmao

5+ Year Old Account
    Seven GB?! What can be taking so much space?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post

My guess is that you are re-downloading modified versions of key files that aren't split into smaller chunks.. you are not actually adding 8-10 GB on top of what is already there, you're just re-writing roughly 8-10
    I'd say it's only partially rewriting and it would be the lesser part. There is a lot of brand new data coming down.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

how 0 content patch can be 7GB patch

/joke off

....and done. What were you saying again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like every patch, my graphics quality options get turned down.
    Not sure why but I've noticed this across several different computers.
    I always play with everything maxed out but the patch seems to think I deserve to be on a "7" preset -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Iannis View Post
    Just like every patch, my graphics quality options get turned down.
    Not sure why but I've noticed this across several different computers.
    I always play with everything maxed out but the patch seems to think I deserve to be on a "7" preset -_-
    Its called DEFAULT settings. If they change the 3D API they have to make sure that people are able to start the game. But yes, it might be that blizzard checks on your hardware and makes a global change just to punish you.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    That seems to be the case for me. When I opened the browser, it started to downloaded (said 7GB), waved it hands around and was done inside of 2 minutes. Though I'm on a 400 Mb/s connection so maybe it downloaded 7Gb of files

How I don't miss the days of Dial-up! I didn't get broadband till end of MoP...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iannis View Post
    Took a few seconds, oh no... *flexes sweet sweet fiber connection*
    I have shitty rural internet and it already finished so I'm not sure what OP is getting at. Pretty sure this is meant to say how small the patch is for an ending patch??
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.