Question A strange problem.

so i was sitting here thinking and i recalled something that i had seen that made me angry(i'll spare you the details, it's not a fun thing to know about). not just a typical anger, a true white hot rage. when that anger hit me, it sends like a tingly itch to my nose that makes me start to sneeze and need tissues for a while.

i realized i've done this for most of my life. i get angry in a specific way, it always makes my nose tingle and start to run/sneeze. i'm wondering if anyone else has this kind of issue? or anything similar, really. any weird unrelated thing causing X unrelated thing to happen in your body.

i tried googling this happening, but it just keeps giving answers about irrational anger over the sounds of sneezing and such, which isn't at all what i'm talking about here. if anyone with medical knowledge would have an idea why this happens, it'd be cool to know. not like it's a big problem or anything, just kind of really annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    For what it is worth, check into blood pressure changes.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmouse View Post
    For what it is worth, check into blood pressure changes.
    oh, that would make sense. i've always gotten very red when heated. my grandpa actually used to joke on me when i was a kid cause i'd get so angry at ps1 spiderman games, my ears would be blood red.

Try searching 'phsychogenic sneezing'. It's a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Now I'm picturing derpkitteh opening threads about immigration and liberals all the while sneezing like a mf and ranting away.
    those don't anger me, just disappointment.

though some of y'all have made me sneeze once or twice with not seeing reason.

My nephew sneezes when he walks outside or out from under a shaded area into the sunlight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh
    oh, that would make sense.
    To narrow your possible causes, try your symptoms without using "anger" in the search string. Of course, apply the usual disclaimers ... you didn't ask for medical advice, you just asked what other people experience, and I ain't claiming to give medical advice, I'm just suggesting search strings so you can gather information. If, however, it turns out to be something potentially nasty, go see a doctor and get real advice.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.