Poll: Which is better, 8.3 or 7.3?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    The largest issue with 8.3 is they barely touched the old zones. They slapped a visual on the map and added a few assets that have been in the game for over a decade already. They needed to really drive home a revamp of the zones, like they did with Arathi and Darkshore, for it to be viewed as successful instead of a rehashed lazy mess. 8.3 all in all is a shitshow with clearly very little effort put into the zones, they couldn't even be bothered to have decent achievements tied to the content, instead it's shit like "oh uhh kill 250 rares". There's 6 battle pets in 2 zones, Argus had almost triple that. The quests are very bland and they made it feel terrible to play with garbage like "kill 3 rares in a zone that only has 12 rares available, but one doesn't give credit so really it's only 11 rares." or "Bring back a Goliath Trophy" that takes several kills to drop. I went into 8.3 knowing it wasn't going to be amazing for world content(especially tied to all the bullshit with having the infinite grind), I just hope the raid isn't a mess, otherwise I might just quit until Shadowlands.
    Your comment has just made me realise why 8.3 feels like such a let-down to me - it feels like and end of expansion pre-patch. You know, where the demons invade through towers that disappear when you beat them leaving no trace, or infernals rain down spreading fire everywhere that burns out - leaving no sign it was ever there. It feels like that, except without all the class changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    8.3 and 7.3 are pretty close for me, not surprised 7.3 is winning. that being said 8.2 and 7.2 are leagues apart. 7.2 was so boring.... GO champion! go to your mission table and tell your followers to do EPIC THINGS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Neither.

Both patches are an ending to long anticipated storylines. And both suck in that regard. Argus was undewhelming and a waste of something that should have been its own expansion. 2/3 of zones were dull and aestetically unpleasant. Mac'Aree was a saving grace, but still, it's too little. That broken draenei faction surviving there for thousands of years was ridiculous, with "tHosAnD yEaRs WaR" being the nail in the coffin. Alleria for god knows what reason possessing void powers was also weird and unnecessary imo, but I know a certain fan of her would beg to differ. I guess the dungeon was ok, while the raid was another misunderstanding. This also pushed us, the players, to unimaginable power level and plot armor (which BfA only furthered)... and then we go back to feeding hyenas some meat so that we can collect their shit?

With 8.3... is there even a new dungeon introduced? I don't think so. Again, a storyline so grand, yet wasted for a patch. Ny'alotha isn't even a zone and half of that storyline is for some a huge retcon, for some "subverting expectations". It also introduces yet another grind/power up system, which we can throw into the pile of already existing ones.

I guess the fact that we'll be able to fly during some / all of the content (didnt check enough to know) is making it a bit better than 7.3. Still, both patches, despite the implications of their culmination, are uneventful, dull, and another "welp, more of the same old I guess".

I dont want to sound pessimistic (though I'm sure I did), just... Feels like they lost the spark that made this game epic, and all they care about now is endless grind and the "gotcha" moments.

EDIT: On the other hand, 7.3 had likeable characters like Velen and Illidan (despite his edgyness). 8.3 has Wrathion, yes, but Magni is probably the most boring and annoying modern character, and combined with MOTHER they make the most ridiculous deux ex machina there ever was. So the patches kind of even out to just dull and boring despite great story potential.
    this. /10chars