Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They are making BfA better, with 8.3, but there's only so much you can polish a turd.

No TF/WF, a cap on the AP grind, no more stupid faction war, sign me up for SL, the unpruning is just the cherry on top
    None of those are in 8.3, so why not get more of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    This one, however, I fully agree with.

Looking at what people are saying, I get this impression that "account wide essences" has become some sort of a community catch-phrase that a lot of people repeat without actually giving it any serious thought. Like you said, making essences account wide helps alts, but it does absolutely nothing for new or returning players.

That said... The idea that nerfing essence requirements can be done later via a hotfix - unless that hotfix comes this week, that might not be good enough. If people get deterred from playing 8.3 by "having to" grind for essences, I don't think loosening the requirements later is going to bring them back.
    All they have to do is nerf the requirements and remove the time-gating. The time-gating is the most frustrating part. I need Memory of Lucid Dreams to play my Unholy DK at a decent level. It's going to take me 3+ weeks to get my follower experience up.

It's old content that is a barrier to entry to new content.

Ion has admitted they've all but abandoned this expansion so why can't they just let us have fun in the last mediocre patch they're delivering?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    None of those are in 8.3, so why not get more of that?
    Because I also want the new expansion? I'm sick of bfa, sick of the troll aesthetic, ready for something new.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Rats are thigmophilic. This means they feel safer moving around close to a wall. The boundary protects them from attack on that side. This could explain why a rodent like Ion prefers to put such a narrow funnel in the game.

they also like chewing on low voltage wires for the electric buzz it gives their brain, like a small high

Ion craves the abuse from the fans
    You sound pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeons View Post
    You sound pathetic.
    I thought it was funny.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because I also want the new expansion? I'm sick of bfa, sick of the troll aesthetic, ready for something new.
    And I dont. Im sick of sylvanas and her being gone now is a blessing. And nyloatha is new.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    And I dont. Im sick of sylvanas and her being gone now is a blessing. And nyloatha is new.
    Well, i mean, it's coming whether you like it or not /shrug

7+ Year Old Account
    you know 8.3 doesent have troll aeshetic right?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you know 8.3 doesent have troll aeshetic right?
    It doesn't really provide a new zone, a lot of the game is still in Zuldazar.

7+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't really provide a new zone, a lot of the game is still in Zuldazar.
    What? A lot of the game ant in zuldaxzar... all the 8.3 content is in the updated old world zones.
    sorta like how 8.0 sent us to arathi, and 8.1 sent us to darkshore.

What? A lot of the game ant in zuldaxzar... all the 8.3 content is in the updated old world zones.
    sorta like how 8.0 sent us to arathi, and 8.1 sent us to darkshore.
    And how long will you REALLY spend out doing that? you do 2 assaults a week and 2-3 visions. It's still the same dungeons for M+, you're still going to spend a LOT of your time in zuldazar.

Ion is literally the game director
    Which might be the highest position on the WoW team, but not even close in the whole Activision-Blizzard corporate structure.

he literally said, we will let you know later in the year
    Their official statement on Shadowlands' release date is basically "this year" - Ion didn't say anything that would expand on this statement, so he basically just repeated what we already know. They're obviously allowed to do that. It's saying something new that's a no-go, especially if what you say is stepping on another department's responsibilities.

7+ Year Old Account
    And how long will you REALLY spend out doing that? you do 2 assaults a week and 2-3 visions. It's still the same dungeons for M+, you're still going to spend a LOT of your time in zuldazar.
    And why are you going to spend a lot of your time in zuldazar?

Also idk if you know but 2 assaults a week, 2-4 visions, and dailies in both uldum and vale every single day.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    All they have to do is nerf the requirements and remove the time-gating. The time-gating is the most frustrating part. I need Memory of Lucid Dreams to play my Unholy DK at a decent level. It's going to take me 3+ weeks to get my follower experience up.
    I think a very solid solution to the essence problem would go like this:

- You get a short questline from Magni that unlocks all rank 1 essences from 8.2 for free, so that everyone starts with something.

- Rank 2 requires as much as rank 1 did previously, rank 3 requires as much as rank 2 did previously.

- Give people some way to circumvent at least some of the time gating - for instance, make all Nazjatar rares drop the items that give follower experience and some rep, even with only 1 drop/rare/day, that would still allow for much faster grinding, especially with the reduced requirements.

And why are you going to spend a lot of your time in zuldazar?

Also idk if you know but 2 assaults a week, 2-4 visions, and dailies in both uldum and vale every single day.
    Traveling to dungeons?? Like the majority of the game right now?

It doesn't even change the fact that I am ready for BfA to be over, done, gone, I am ready for SL. All the time with the stupid faction war has really dampened my view of the whole expansion. As well as all the shitty aspects of it like poor class design and azerite gear that actually made me quit until now.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggawoolin View Post
    So we will have a year long content drought, with no new open world content.

Well done, Ion. Well done.

How many will be still playing before the 9.0 prepatch launches? 100.000?

If you ask me, i believe Ion doses not really care. As long he has his Nyalotha raid.
    What sub count do you need to enjoy playing your game?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zimpoli View Post
    There's no point hanging around a forum for a hobby just to be pessimistic and negative about it, especially when you're not even attempting to be objective.
    If everyone took this advice to heart...

Sorry, we're all allowed to dream.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Nothign wrong with unsubbing from a game during a long drought. Many have done it, i've done it. Gaming breaks are good.
    Absolutely. And breaks are even possible without making a scene of forswearing the game for good.

Where are these leaks that people keep referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    What sub count do you need to enjoy playing your game?
    Oh yeah, the "sub count does not matter for your fun" myth.

But it does. How much fun is a MMORPG with noone to play with or against?

Have you ever wondered why no battlegrounds open on low level in some regions anymore?

Or why LFR is only opening on prime time in some regions?

Or why the world feels that empty?

Yep. It is the sub count.

i am totally fine with, if it goes like this:

- SL release somewhere between mid october and end of november
    - SL beta is well done
    - SL comes REALLY with quality improvements
    - SL classes are all closely being watched and have accordingly changes and improvements

in that case we have a good 10 months content drought, which is relatively standard, when looking at older xpacs. i am totally fine with that and love playing everything out of 8.3, since it looks like it is good enough to do that for around 3-4months. the last 5-6 months i love to do all achievements, play alts or other games. IF Shadowlands will come out in the end as a well rounded product.

that said: if it turns out, that xpac

- releases at 10th of december
    - in an unfinished state
    - had a halfassed beta
    - is the next cost effective milking cow xpac
    - has rather rare class changes, besides some old abilities spitted in
    - feels like the next bigger content patch instead a new xpac
    - acts like WoD after 2-3 months

and all we get out of it was a 10 month content drought just for the sake of nothing, well, then i will vote with my wallet. this is the main reason why i not preorder SL, because giving them all their money now, will lead exactly to that mentaility.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-01-14 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggawoolin View Post
    Oh yeah, the "sub count does not matter for your fun" myth.

But it does. How much fun is a MMORPG with noone to play with or against?

Have you ever wondered why no battlegrounds open on low level in some regions anymore?

Or why LFR is only opening on prime time in some regions?

Or why the world feels that empty?

Yep. It is the sub count.
    What regions are you even talking about? I can get get an LFR right now, 1:20 AM on a tuesday. And since EU is even bigger of a region the NA you have to be talking about something like.... Korea