Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    So what happens after gen z? Does the world end? Does it go back to A?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    I mean, a simple Google search would help you more..
    This forum is crawled by bots of all kinds. This user has just contributed to the global pool of knowledge by asking this question and it receiving quite few answers.

Search Engine Optimization

Mind blown, you are welcome.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    So what happens after gen z? Does the world end? Does it go back to A?
    The generation after Gen Z (post-2015 I think) is called Gen Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    The generation after Gen Z (post-2015 I think) is called Gen Alpha.
    Cool. So it did go back to A... lol.. Whoever comes up with these terms aren't very creative are they?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Cool. So it did go back to A... lol.. Whoever comes up with these terms aren't very creative are they?
    The original guys had more interesting names and they run them all the way back to the mid-15th century.

They called "Generation X" the "13th Generation" (counting from the American Revolution).

Their "Millennial generation" caught on, though they figure the years range from 1982 to 2004.

And they call the current generation ("Z") the "Homeland Generation" and previously called them the "New Silent Generation".

They haven't got a name for the next generation (which will also start a new saeculum), as they don't think it has started yet.
    Last edited by Masark; 2020-01-15 at 11:31 PM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Officially Boomer and Millennial are two large generations. Boomers are 65+, something like that. Millennials are late 20s to late 30s.

Boomer, Millennial, doomer, coomer, zoomers are also memes/slang. Slapping literal definitions to slang is wrong imo because it is most basic/lame use of the word usually. Example, people who think 'simp' and 'thot' are actual acronyms.

In general

Boomer - used to describe someone who is out of touch or has old takes, struggles with something that's seen as hip or whatever. "You still make voice calls? OK Boomer"

Zoomer - young and/or trendy people/takes. "Zoomers love videos with random loud noises that cater to their 3 sec attention span".

Millennial - normies, suburban white people below the age of 50, vanilla takes, someone who is younger and annoying. SJWs. Hipsters. Almost never used in its 'proper' definition.

Resident Cosplay Progressive