Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Corruption system should have been like essences : you pick what you want

They removed TF for it's rng and they add more rng to the gearing system, seriously blizzard, you should have added a system where we can choose our corruption.

The only time we choose our corruption is election season.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    They removed TF for it's rng and they add more rng to the gearing system, seriously blizzard, you should have added a system where we can choose our corruption.
    Corruption is worse than Titanforging in every way.

This is what Blizzard is now. They say they're fixing something that the community has asked them to fix for 4+ years and what do they do? Make it worse, on purpose.

Now you don't just get a little iLevel boost proc on an item. Now you need it to proc Corruption but it also has to proc the RIGHT corruption out of 10+ different ones. Then there is 3 tiers of power in each different corruption.

RNG on RNG on RNG on RNG.

Ion Hazzicostas is either a pathological liar or an actual baboon. There is no in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Ohhohohohohohoho

But seriously although it makes more sense for corruption to function like essences - imagine the uproar if they just doubled the 8.3 essences, or made corruption function like azerite on gear... people would be livid.

It’s poorly designed as is, but at least the “wow op!” Stuff is getting nerfed to oblivion so it doesn’t matter so much if you didn’t get infinite stars or void explode(whatever it’s actually called)
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

We don't get to pick our essence either, Bloodmallet does.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

TF also fucked with raid loot trading

It can die in a fire

It's designed in a way to purposedly leave you hunting for that specific piece of gear, in order to maximize your engagement time subscribed during the last stretch of the expansion's period.

What you are describing would significantly lower this amount, which goes against the business, corporate side of the mentality of the people in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    It's designed in a way to purposedly leave you hunting for that specific piece of gear, in order to maximize your engagement time subscribed during the last stretch of the expansion's period.

What you are describing would significantly lower this amount, which goes against the business, corporate side of the mentality of the people in charge.
    And those people are wrong. Even on Legion when I ran out of things to do on a toon, I geared up and worked on another; I had a character of each class at max level and full heroic/Mythic ABT gear by the time BFA dropped.

This expac I have ONE toon geared enough to do Ny’alotha and already it’s too much to do in a day with emissaries and dailies in four zones and shit. I’d rather just quit and play something on steam than fall behind because it takes 2-3 hours daily per toon to keep them maintained, and that’s not even including m+ or raids.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Haha, love it!

*Dancing through raids and mythic+ with rank 3 Echoing Void*

It was 10.5k dps upgrade for me before the nerf LMAO

No thanks. That would depower the system entirely and replace an "easy" grind where you just randomly get corruption procs through things you're doing normally with a currency grind such as AP, which would then extremely gate things and then the big whine would be "I need to play 25/7 just to try and be competitive!"

Also you really need to start thinking about the system as something that we'll be messing with for months. A deterministic system would not allow for that longevity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Defeats the purpose so..... not sure what you thought.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Titan forging was terrible, no doubt and was quite frustrating.

Corruption is still a lot less rng than some cry out.
    Mythic+ chest supposed to have always a corrupted item as does the PvP chest, as long as it isn't a helmet, chest, shoulders or trinket.

The chance is higher for a corruption to appear than tf and the corruption effects can introduce a lot more gameplay and uniqueness.
    With the amount of good procs I now have seen you'll get your "BiS" item with corruption sooner or later.
    Of course it's rng, such is all loot to begin with. So I don't understand the constant whining.

The patch isn't out for 3 weeks and some already complain not getting the right things.
    The patch will stay with us for a long time, take what you get and stop complaining about literally everything.
    Feels like many can't be pleased whatever blizzard delivers, and some just complain for the sake of complaining.

Without any rng upgrading gear people might end up fully geared in 3 months and then come with the classic: "there's no content" whining.

Just remember the ptr. It was a lot more rng there and blizzard actually listened and toned it down by a big margin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Nicely done ������

I wish there were a few more ways to gain corruption immunity (using a gem socket for a -10, or -5 enchantments as easy examples)

I suspect that horrific visions will start getting the nerf bat slowly as we go through however many months is left of this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think corruption is way more fun than TF/WF personally. But um, give me a torch and pitchfork!

Rabble rabble Blizzard something rabble!

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Us choosing our "corruption" seems counter to what corruption would be doing anyway.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Corruption is worse than Titanforging in every way.

This is what Blizzard is now. They say they're fixing something that the community has asked them to fix for 4+ years and what do they do? Make it worse, on purpose.

Now you don't just get a little iLevel boost proc on an item. Now you need it to proc Corruption but it also has to proc the RIGHT corruption out of 10+ different ones. Then there is 3 tiers of power in each different corruption.

RNG on RNG on RNG on RNG.

Ion Hazzicostas is either a pathological liar or an actual baboon. There is no in between.

This was the funniest youtube vid I've seen in a long time. Great thread contribution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe though I fear that probably would have lead to min-maxing, ended up like reforging but worse and would have solely stat based Corruptions as opposed to stuff like Stars and Echoing Void being allowed to be chosen. Personally I'm just waiting until my T3 Infinite Star Proc Belt which I got from a HC Warfront gets nerfed into oblivion and I end up just cleansing as it's no longer worthwhile.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by EyeOculus View Post
    Titan forging was terrible, no doubt and was quite frustrating.

Corruption is still a lot less rng than some cry out.
    Mythic+ chest supposed to have always a corrupted item as does the PvP chest, as long as it isn't a helmet, chest, shoulders or trinket.

The chance is higher for a corruption to appear than tf and the corruption effects can introduce a lot more gameplay and uniqueness.
    With the amount of good procs I now have seen you'll get your "BiS" item with corruption sooner or later.
    Of course it's rng, such is all loot to begin with. So I don't understand the constant whining.

The patch isn't out for 3 weeks and some already complain not getting the right things.
    The patch will stay with us for a long time, take what you get and stop complaining about literally everything.
    Feels like many can't be pleased whatever blizzard delivers, and some just complain for the sake of complaining.

Without any rng upgrading gear people might end up fully geared in 3 months and then come with the classic: "there's no content" whining.

Just remember the ptr. It was a lot more rng there and blizzard actually listened and toned it down by a big margin.
    I think someone worked out that there is a 2-3% chance to get the corruption item you want.

"Less RNG". HAHAHA

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3v3n7uRa View Post
    This was the funniest youtube vid I've seen in a long time. Great thread contribution.
    No worries.

Make sure you share it around. I don't think people realize how bad Ion really is.

Pathological liar or actual moron?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Haha, love it!

*Dancing through raids and mythic+ with rank 3 Echoing Void*

It was 10.5k dps upgrade for me before the nerf LMAO
    I have Infinite Stars rank 2 on my 420 iLevel pants. Shame its at 75 Corruption level but I have it under 40 now.

Pretty safe to say I'll probably never take my 420 iLevel pants off. Despite having a 445 with perfect stats and a 460 with decent stats.

Hey Ion. Tell me lies tell me sweet little liesssssssssss

5+ Year Old Account
    Nah, that would mean that they would have actually to put some effort in balancing the effects, something they clearly cba with.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    You also need it to proc a gem as well as the right corruption. They said they were gonna remove gems from titanforging but now for some reason it's still in and they have to leave it in. Fucked up system all around.