Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Do you have a blue post link? It didn't work that way on the PTR, and players are supposed to do more than one per week. What if later on in the week you group up with friends and do a 5 mask run, you don't get any loot?
    I read it somewhere on Wowhead, but apparently (see poster above) it's not working that way. Could also be that you get guaranteed drop on first run and then a chance for piece of gear on other runs.

The intro questline gives you a bunch, you need to finish that.

it's sad how you have to grind hours and hours of requirement just to experience something worth experiencing.

Ok so what's the difference between a quirky, higher difficulty dungeon (which has objectives, a sanity refill mechanic and masks) and visions? I mean if you do it in a 4-5 man group? I can understand how it is a-ma-ziing if you do it alone (omg i can solo this for rewards!), but in full group? Judging by the footages from visions it looks like a regular "kill pile-o-mobs after pile-omobs" thing with some weird mechanics.

Meh. In WoW you never can have your cake and eat it too.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    It's fun content, sure, but if you run it for 3 hours a night for a month will it still be fun? Remember this is the big content of the patch and it's gonna need to last until Shadowlands while still being entertaining. If people could endlessly grind runs it would be really boring after a few weeks. I do think two attempts a week is a bit low, maybe one per day would have been good, but then people would just complain that they have to log in every day or they fall behind so who knows.

I've done it on 5 characters so far, and been enjoying it on all of them, but I'm also kind of glad I'm not required to grind it for hours on each alt practicing the best routes for different specs and such.
    I also don't wanna being forced to grind it, and i think the reward structure is mostly sound (weeklyish reward slightly less than mythic raiding for doing it in the hardest way possible which you can only do after mythic raiding would have been up for quite a while anyway).

But i do wanna be able to try it a lot. And fail, and see how far i can get without a high rank cloak. That seems to me like the main draw of the feature, not just going to thrall six times a week, and then doing one side obj six times (at some point thats the upgrade requirement), etc...

As for blizz fearing we'll spam and overdo it, well, i cant speak for you or anyone else really, but the mage tower became really popular in 8.3 when catchup gear became high enough to do on alts, and you could do a ton of attempts. Thatt was also the last patch, but i dont think anyone was sad we got to spam attempts. Imagine if you needed 20 broken shore quests for an attempt instead of like 2, that would have been a downer for me, and i finished it on 14 speccs. Besides, no content lasts forever, its fun for as long as it is. Timegating attempts doesn't really make sense on fun challenges.

They built a fun feature, but give you every incentive to not enjoy it. Its weird design and could have been so much more solid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They should have capped rewards, not entrances (i mean... they already capped the cloak upgrades). The entrance currency only exists to legitimize the assaults honestly
    So very, very, true.

Or, hear me out here, don't.

I used my visions doing exactly what you said. I'm not going to spontaneously combust for not playing at ULTRA MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY. I'm learning.

I didn't even know it was possible to get to Thrall yet, anything outside of the first segment says "you should really upgrade your cloak first!" and so far I've managed to make it through one more segment. It'll get easier as time goes on to get deeper in, like the nightborne scenario I'd reckon. That sounds fun, so that's what I'm doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Well, at least there are no good rewards that you're missing out on
    I like the gameplay, but I suppose we just have to settle for the fun of the challenge and the sense of accomplishment. Kind of underwhelming next to the Mage Towers.
    As opposed to the cosmetic only rewards of mage towers?

Retail players confuse the hell out of me sometimes.

Visions are again - totally unbalanced depending on class.

Rank 5 cloak, iLvl 450 ... get squished by the mobs in the first hard zone to the right. Without any healing - totally screwed.

So - a plate class gets to reset their sanity 3 times, but I'm still at 80% sanity when I'm close to 10% health - but no reset my health 3 times is there

So - have to do them in groups as a squishy.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Visions are again - totally unbalanced depending on class.

Rank 5 cloak, iLvl 450 ... get squished by the mobs in the first hard zone to the right. Without any healing - totally screwed.

So - a plate class gets to reset their sanity 3 times, but I'm still at 80% sanity when I'm close to 10% health - but no reset my health 3 times is there

So - have to do them in groups as a squishy.
    What class even?

Would think you would melt through the mobs at that ilvl honestly, I'm doing it as a 452 demo lock with my gf who's a disc priest, but mobs are still just melting. The only real problematic mob I could think of is the one that channels the stun, I forget their name but focus them first and nuke them down.

Also there's the blacksmith in the first area (building to the left past the bank) who when you kill him gives a 10% damage buff, and when you go into the area to help Garona, there's a ethereal portal in the building to her right that summons an ethereal that gives you 10% crit when you kill him.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esotaric View Post
    it's sad how you have to grind hours and hours of requirement just to experience something worth experiencing.
    Sounds like raiding to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    What class even?
    Arcane mage here...

Would think you would melt through the mobs at that ilvl honestly,
    I do ... I melt through them - but I don't get to heal ... that's the problem, each mob might take a few percent off - but add that all up and I'm dead.

Just for a comparison - the first run through (free one), I completed the objective in under 30 seconds, was at over 80% sanity and under 10% health That's including a 150k healing pot.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

I agree. I don't dislike how you acquire things, it just sucks that its so infrequent.
    Some of the most intense moments I've ever had have been in these things the few times I've done them this week.

But those are the last times I'll get to do them now for many days, and that's unfortunate.
    I'd love to do them for no rewards honestly, if that was the only option.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Sometus View Post
    My wifes boyfriend and me are having a great time farming 200 dailies for one try, I don't know what you mean
    Fucking spit all over my monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Arcane mage here...

I do ... I melt through them - but I don't get to heal ... that's the problem, each mob might take a few percent off - but add that all up and I'm dead.

Just for a comparison - the first run through (free one), I completed the objective in under 30 seconds, was at over 80% sanity and under 10% health That's including a 150k healing pot.
    Ah.
    Yeah arcane mage is probably screwed over the hardest I would imagine. Can't really kite like frost.

There are little potions around too that might help out, but some do have negatives too I know.

Ah.
    Yeah arcane mage is probably screwed over the hardest I would imagine. Can't really kite like frost.
    Didn't have it as bad as our shadow priest ... he failed 3 times. At least I got 1-5 without an issue (invis to guards, blow the boss).

I'm going to farm the mementos until I can get the get out of jail free card

Quote Originally Posted by Sometus View Post
    My wifes boyfriend and me are having a great time farming 200 dailies for one try, I don't know what you mean
    Um what does this even mean?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    just realized its about speed again.. which sucks /sigh. can we get non-timer based content please.
    Yea, lets wait for CD's every mob we pull. Fuck speed!

15+ Year Old Account
    Well they fixed some it it today. Im rank 6 and like 20% to go for neck 75 so i get to relax the rest of the expansion anyway.

Why did anyone complain about world quests? The WQ system in BFA zones is amazing compared to these dailies.