Do you PvP according to lore?

By this i mean you factor in the current state of the story and teh races.

for example, if you're a Cenarion druid, you don't attack opposite faction Cenarion druids ( Zandalari and Kul'tiran drust are exempt)

You don't attack other death knights unless attacked (if yu're a DK)

if you're a Void elf for e.g. you don't attack blood elves. (vice versa happens)

If you're nightborne you don't attack Night elves (but vice versa happens)

Things like that.

Not really, no. That's called RP-PVP and I don't do that because I don't play in the appropriate realm.

I suppose I do have a soft spot for BEs players, so when I meet them around the world I try to be friendly and speak in the one and only language of the gods: Thalassian.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd attack the fuck out of a Void Elf if I played Belf
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a BE why wouldn't i attack the traitors VE? Even more now that their betrayal have pushed others to seek such knowledge and defect to the Alliance, even have those that talk of having Queldanas back in the Alliance hands.

In general, i agree that Druids would most likely not attack each other (excluding Zandalary and Kultiran druids), Death Knight, i think most DKs are not alligned with any faction, they are just part of the Ebon Blade, those that went back to their faction do attack others DKs that have gone back to the opposite faction.

I'm of the opinion that PvP is a dying niche in this world that just had life support injected into it via warmode. And even then the vast majority of people I see in warmode have no interest in pvp. We're all there just for the bonus resources. Nothing else.

Lore wise, it also doesn't make sense. Every expansion we're working together with them, at a certain point after cooperating in SOOOO many battles over the decades likely you would have formed friends and comrades across lines. It doesn't make sense to fight them. Something the wow lore writers have yet to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    By this i mean you factor in the current state of the story and teh races.

for example, if you're a Cenarion druid, you don't attack opposite faction Cenarion druids ( Zandalari and Kul'tiran drust are exempt)

You don't attack other death knights unless attacked (if yu're a DK)

if you're a Void elf for e.g. you don't attack blood elves. (vice versa happens)

If you're nightborne you don't attack Night elves (but vice versa happens)

Things like that.
    I do not attack the opposite faction unless I am attacked first. But I do that since the beginning because I do have honor.

What you just said made no sense, if you are a cenarion druid you are not faction aligned, Blood elves and void elves have a rivalry same with night elves and nightborne.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope only thing I do is go immediately for the person playing the same class as me.

just go for healers and lock people with CC in bgs its very fun as outlaw, cheap shot someone slow the flag carrier etc, blind a healer and gouge if they use trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    What you just said made no sense, if you are a cenarion druid you are not faction aligned, Blood elves and void elves have a rivalry same with night elves and nightborne.
    It was just an example.

Back in classic, when it started, we use to discuss things like this. Many of us felt that druids shoudln't attack each other because the class had the two races working closely together in lore unlike any other class. There was only 1 druid institution that the tauren had been invited to. So if they were druids, whether night elf or tauren druid, we both trained in moonglade, met our leaders their back when their were class quests and many lore details mattered in game. Tauren guards were friendly to night elves, and night elf guards friendly to tauren. It felt so weird to fight a Tauren druid, I use to feel players who did that had no understanding of what was going on in world of Warcraft. Even I BGs. How things have changed.

As for void elves, they don't want to see blood elves dead, but leaving the horde and joining the alliance. Blood elves consider void elves traitors, I haven't seen any indication of blood elves trying to reconcile with void elves yet.

I haven't seen any rivalry or hatred of the night elves from the nightborne, quite the opposite if 7.0 quests are to go by. As for the Darnassian faction, I haven't noticed Nightborne hating them either (it's kinda hard to when they're your kin and they helped free you from a situation you wouldn't have been in if you hadn't stayed behind). The Darnassians through Tyrande's example might be a bit cooler towards them now that they've joined the horde. I don't really see the nightborne wanting to destroy night elves, but I can see some night elves (like Maiev) having no trouble extingusihing ngihtborne

Ebon Blade and Illidari have visible enough lore in-game for you to tell. Sadly the first 3 examples need you to be paying attention to the text, as things are often only mentioned once, or reading additional background material .
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2020-01-28 at 09:33 AM.