Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    ITT: people don't understand that the rewards are weighted towards the assault

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    So people won't be able to solo them, great!. 200 IQ move for sure
    mmo..........

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    If they make the rares more common then people will complain about that as well, good luck finding any solution that doesn't have somebody claiming the game is dying.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel for your pain BUT I also don't want to be forced to find a group at 3 AM to kill a rare.
    People are going to complain either way, but just copying classic isn't going to do them any favors...plus making the game more like classic isn't going to bring the classic players back to retail, I just hope they don't go crazy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Ohhh, you lose out on so maaaany things!.. Wait, no, actually not. You lose out on BoA Tokens and Visions entry-tokens, which you dont need many at all, as you can upgrade your cloak only once per week after R6!
    I see, this completely kills wow!
    Except the big problem with losing out on coalescing drops is that rank 7+ requires multiple visions runs to get enough quest items.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

nothing wrong with people having to group up to kill a mob *facepalm* if you dont like it, dont play an multiplayer game!

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Wait what? I got one from filling up the bar in the Vale, but not Uldum. So what bars are you referring to?
    There is one big weekly invasion - currently Vale. That gives you 10k visions.

There are two smaller weekly invasions - these happened in Uldum. Tuesday through Friday it was on the Halls of Origination side versus the Ankahet (I think that was the name), now it's on the pillars of Sun and Moon side versus the Aqir. These each give 5,500 visions. So 11,000 a week.

So yes, you get vessels each week for pretty much just showing up. I'd say the way Blizz has it planned is more that you won't just fill the bars as soon as the events are live but will just go in, do your dailies and slowly fill the bars over the week. Though if that was their plan it's very silly and not at all sound given how the player base works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Except the big problem with losing out on coalescing drops is that rank 7+ requires multiple visions runs to get enough quest items.
    Do the math. You get just one extra run per month.

The 4 Rares daily doesn't compare to the absolutely atrocious daily "Aheads Up" where I had to kill 27 Goliaths competing against the other faction for the trophy to finally drop.

The try-hard by Blizz of player retention with low spawn and drop rates never ceases to amaze me...

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    You're absolutely right, but doesn't skipping a quest from content that is a couple days old because its not worth the time seem like bad design?
    I mean, yes, that is true but I also never said it was good design did I? :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    The game can't survive like this. The rares need a 4x or higher HP buff.
    seem to repawn pretty quickly, just go to a spot where 2 spawn near eachother and wait abit.
    that or just ignore the quest, as taliesin said, if you hate the quest ignore it. someone who does it will take 7 months to get 1 extra horrific vision then you for not doing that 1 daily...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I will never, ever understand this trend of undermining the issue to the point of mocking the OP for not appreciating a situation. If rares die too fast, they die too fast. No amount of justification makes it OK to lose a spawn because you were turned the other way for 2 seconds.
    But... this is just how it works? Someone else IS killing something before you kill it, that's just the way it works. Or do you wait in front of every rare so that ALL other people get it too? Because if you dont wait for ALL, someone will have to wait!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    It's 50 Coalescing Visions for 1 daily quest. You need to finish 200 daily quests for 1 run. You need to do the rare-daily 200 times for 1 run.

7+ Year Old Account
    They already made this mistake with the latest set of rares in Uldum. They're scaled so high that it's hard to do them with 2-3 people unless you're geared to the teeth (440+).
    Funny part is, they got it right in Vale, but went 180 in Uldum with the terribly scaled ones.... they should make up their mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    It's not like a have to defend myself - but yeah, it's not worth my time. People that hunt their rares are not much further in progress than me. Yes, in time, they are able to do more HV runs but the amount of runs they will be ahead of me - when it is actually important - is not more than a handful. As I'm a family dad with a fulltime job, I can't bother farming some rares for something that won't help me at all, as I'm no CE raider.
    Nothing to defend here, just a simply fact that it's almost no use doing this one daily. Ofc, for some people it is, but if you aren't someone that "NEEDS" it, why bother? For the majority - don't bother with something that takes time you could use otherwise.
    The OP is obviously someone that is NOT raiding CE, why stress then?
    Yes because people want rep only for the essences amirite? All other rep rewards be damned, amirite?
    Smh. The narrow mindedness is strong in this thread.
    Blizz has done daily quests system before, famously in MoP, and they got the rewards right back then. It's not a sin to expect them to be as competent once again.

It's garbage and bad design but its also not required, do you need 75 rep that bad? nah u don't just skip it don't waste your time.

Also every mini event in the zone gives 50 rep so do those instead much faster.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    This is what Timeless Isle gameplay was. You sit there and camp for the rares to respawn or you're shit out of luck.

People loved Timeless Isle.

Though the dailies are absolutely worthless. 75 rep and 50 visions? Why even bother?
    Your memory is askew. Timeless isle always had rares up at any corner of the island at any given time, all with decent-ish rewards. I played on Illidan US back then, high pop horde realm ( + cross-realm) and the timeless isle was ALWAYS full with people, and yet you'd always be able to kill at least 1 rare that was up. If not, it was 2-5 mins of waiting for a respawn on a rare nearby.
    Also, timeless isle rares lasted long enough for people to be able to catch up from halfway across the island, because their mechanics were designed to slow combat down a little. Heck, some of those mechanics would even outright kill you, and you'd still have time to do the corpse run back in time to get credit on the kill.

I still remember that like it was just yesterday. So, shove your "this is just like timeless isle lol" drivel back from whence it came.

Quote Originally Posted by sykretts View Post
    Your memory is askew. Timeless isle always had rares up at any corner of the island at any given time, all with decent-ish rewards. I played on Illidan US back then, high pop horde realm ( + cross-realm) and the timeless isle was ALWAYS full with people, and yet you'd always be able to kill at least 1 rare that was up. If not, it was 2-5 mins of waiting for a respawn on a rare nearby.
    Also, timeless isle rares lasted long enough for people to be able to catch up from halfway across the island, because their mechanics were designed to slow combat down a little. Heck, some of those mechanics would even outright kill you, and you'd still have time to do the corpse run back in time to get credit on the kill.

I still remember that like it was just yesterday.
    If you weren't at the rare when it spawned it would be dead before you got there. Aside from the couple big ones that would live more than 5 seconds like the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Oh wow, I killed 17 and thought I was unlucky, people in chat said they got it in 5-6 kills . . .

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly don't see how people don't get it. If you don't do a specific daily and it happens to be there every single day, you will do 1 less run every 7 months. Heck if you don't do the dailies at ALL you will do one less run every month.
    I didn't say "don't do every daily", I say: don't do dailies that take too much time. If the rare daily takes to much time for a player, you just lose out on, as you say, 1 run in 7!! months. That's not something that really bothers me tbh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    If you weren't at the rare when it spawned it would be dead before you got there. Aside from the couple big ones that would live more than 5 seconds like the boat.
    Repeating what you said earlier won't make it true this time around.
    The ship, the shark, cinderfall, archus of flame or w/e he was called, etc. all lasted long enough for a death + corpse run back. I may have forgotten 2-3 more that were the same.
    But sure, you carry on repeating what you said earlier. I'm sure it will warp reality soon enough.

They already made this mistake with the latest set of rares in Uldum. They're scaled so high that it's hard to do them with 2-3 people unless you're geared to the teeth (440+).
    Funny part is, they got it right in Vale, but went 180 in Uldum with the terribly scaled ones.... they should make up their mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes because people want rep only for the essences amirite? All other rep rewards be damned, amirite?
    Smh. The narrow mindedness is strong in this thread.
    Blizz has done daily quests system before, famously in MoP, and they got the rewards right back then. It's not a sin to expect them to be as competent once again.
    I know there are different rewards. The rare-daily gives 75 rep, even this doesn't hurt that much. /shrug
    I'm someone that wants every rep on exalted pretty fast, but rare-hunting, if it takes to much effort, is not worth the hassle.
    I completely agree, blizz should indeed rework the 8.3 dailies, as some of them don't have a good time/reward system.

Repeating what you said earlier won't make it true this time around.
    The ship, the shark, cinderfall, archus of flame or w/e he was called, etc. all lasted long enough for a death + corpse run back. I may have forgotten 2-3 more that were the same.
    But sure, you carry on repeating what you said earlier. I'm sure it will warp reality soon enough.
    Yes, I said there were a couple that lived longer. The vast majority of the rares were dead nearly the instant they popped up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You realize I'm agreeing with you right? If you do not do dailies, at all, you will probably be late by one or two week and only AFTER rank 12 which is the crucial rank.
    Well, then I missunderstood it a bit
    Yep, not doing them is not a big problem at all if you are not a CE raider, this is why I dont understand all the raging in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    Your right, wow sucks, go play classic where to get a rare or world boss for an item you want it has a 1 week spawn timer, with no shared tags, good luck
    Classic has no Daily that requires to kill a Rare hence the comparison is garbage.

World Bosses in Classic respawn every 3 days and it is basically raid loot not a daily quest.

mongoloid