10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    What is this nonsense screed you've written? If the governor simply decides to withhold that money because he's a death cult worshiping piece of shit, that's kinda purely on him. Schools are paid for by state funding, and states can absolutely wave the "in-person" requirement during a pandemic, they receive federal dollars which aren't stopping, and they're funded in many states in part by property taxes that don't give a rats ass if you're going to work, working from home, or retired.

Yes, states are having budget problems, but that's completely separate from Ducey threatening to voluntarily pull funding if they don't send kids back. Because he's a fucking death cultist, not for any practical tax reason.
    So you think he's doing this because he's a "death cultist"? Not money and state revenue, but because he wants to see people die. Totally makes more sense than my hypothesis. Dude is clearly a Satanist and he's using COVID as a sacrifice to his dark lord.

Money is the root of all evil and money is the reason why people do bad things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    My half-brother got it last week. He's in his 40s, so he's going to be ok. Hasn't even impacted his breathing, really. He just feels under the weather and can't smell or taste anything. He works in an essential job, and owns his company, so he's been continuously exposed to people the whole pandemic. But he's not elderly, so his odds for having issues or worse are pretty small.
    I had COVID19 and for a week and 1/2 I had a runny noise and diarrhea. I didn't know I even had it until one of my family members came down with a fever and then we all got tested and showed positive. My fathers boss may have been the source and he's died from COVID, as well as a coworker who was a dishwasher. They ran a diner. That's the problem with COVID is that in some people it has little or no effect and in some it can kill. The owner of the diner was stressed because business has been dead since the start and he has no way of paying the taxes and rent. He was in the middle of selling it for half of its original worth. He kept the business open to make it look like the business was worth buying. Probably why he got sick and died.
    Last edited by Vash The Stampede; 2021-01-12 at 03:14 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Ouch, that was a low blow.
    It's what you get for criminally underfunding the public school system, well that and teaching creationism in schools, and also ignoring world history and your own.

It's a number of things actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    They are the ones who hold all the power and are the main reason Gaza has one of the worst standards of living in the world. Which, as it turns out, leads to being unable to obtain vaccines.

Strange huh, how all vaccines somehow seem to be going mostly to the richest countries on earth while the poorer countries are getting fucked. If Corona is showing us anything, its showing us the greed of the super rich.
    That there are countries who would never have had the technical capacity to develop and manufacture vaccines at all that are still receiving them is a great example of the general benevolence of modern rich nations. Giving away doses (or selling them at cost) prior to fully vaccinating the nations where vaccines are developed and produced is a pretty wild level of charity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Its old frail people that die from covid19, not young healthy people. US kids don't need less education n not everyone got a computer, how many millions poor you got again??
    Yeah, because all teachers are young and sprighty.

And oh yeah, people like @PhaelixWW claimed kids don't get or spread covid.

No wonder America is such a mess.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Yeah, because all teachers are young and sprighty.

And oh yeah, people like @PhaelixWW claimed kids don't get or spread covid.

No wonder America is such a mess.
    You really, REALLY have a hard time keeping people straight, don't you?

You need to take better care, because you're embarrassing yourself.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Its old frail people that die from covid19, not young healthy people. US kids don't need less education n not everyone got a computer, how many millions poor you got again??
    Hey Alexa/Google, can kids transmit covid-19?

Hey Alexa/Google, can states provide laptops/tablets and wifi to students who don't have access to remote learning at home?

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    So you think he's doing this because he's a "death cultist"?
    Not quite so a literal one, but more an ideological one. We've seen move after move from Republican after Republican, rejecting mask mandates, refusing to shut down bars/restaurants, denying the threat of the pandemic, having the highest per-capita caseloads in the world etc. etc.

Not money and state revenue, but because he wants to see people die.
    It's already gutted its education funding and has one of the worst education systems in the country (and has been the worst), but what money and revenue are the kids generating while learning? Are they mining cryptocurrency?

Dude is clearly a Satanist and he's using COVID as a sacrifice to his dark lord.
    No, your "hypothesis" is simply flat-out wrong. Because that's not how school funding works, especially in a state that's already gutted school funding.

Again, my "death cult" isn't a literal thing, but an ideological death cult. Republican governors like Ducey have largely made decisions that consistently put their citizens at greater risk and deny the science and medical guidance while publicly downplaying the threat over and over again. Only a few have taken this seriously.

Hence why I call it a death cult, with Ron DeSantis as the high priest. Because functionally, that's what they've become.

Edit: To add more - https://www.businessinsider.com/3-me...rection-2021-1

Not to get into the political or discussion of the events of that day, but Republicans refused and flouted masks when they returned to session on Wednesday. 3 Democratic Reps. have now tested positive, likely getting the virus from some of the Republican Reps. who either tested positive later that day or who are asymptomatic.

This is the ideological death cult I'm telling you about, dude.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2021-01-12 at 06:24 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lies lies lies lies lies. Fucking liar.

https://khn.org/news/tag/lost-on-the-frontline/

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Alexa/Google, can kids transmit covid-19?
    Not quite so a literal one, but more an ideological one. We've seen move after move from Republican after Republican, rejecting mask mandates, refusing to shut down bars/restaurants, denying the threat of the pandemic, having the highest per-capita caseloads in the world etc. etc.
    That would be stupid to do since that's their voters who are mostly dying from COVID. If these guys are trying to perform a sort of Purge like moment, then they didn't think this out.
    It's already gutted its education funding and has one of the worst education systems in the country (and has been the worst), but what money and revenue are the kids generating while learning? Are they mining cryptocurrency?
    The problem is that the government hates people working from home, and if kids are staying home for school then the parents will stay home with them. This causes a lot of problems for tax revenue when you depend on people going out to drive. You need them to pay for gas, pay for tolls, go out to eat, and etc. You give them tickets for running stop signs or speeding. This is all revenue for the state. Kids schooling from home is a huge problem that they'd rather solve by sending them back to school. That way parents have no reason not to go back to their jobs physical location. Gotta remember that most states are now broke and will do anything to get the revenue they want.
    Again, my "death cult" isn't a literal thing, but an ideological death cult. Republican governors like Ducey have largely made decisions that consistently put their citizens at greater risk and deny the science and medical guidance while publicly downplaying the threat over and over again. Only a few have taken this seriously.
    The only way a "death cult" would make sense is if the governor is trying to remove the unwanted from the system. The unwanted are people who live perpetually on social services and are a burden on the tax payer. Which again doesn't make sense since most of the people dying are old and are collecting social security from the government. It could be the pensions they want to remove since a lot of states are on the hook for very expensive pensions. Old people also vote for more Republicans than Democrats on average. Doug Ducey himself is no spring chicken, which at the age of 56 does put him at risk from dying to COVID. When in doubt there's money about.

10+ Year Old Account
    so apparently our employer isn't going to compensate for any workdays missed if we suffer effects from the vaccinations and have to have sick days. if we do not have any sick days left or pto or can't get anyone to cover then tough shit your coming into work or your getting written up. not sure if this is required or not. they have not made the vaccine mandatory it is at the employees discrection. was told by my manager companies cannot mandate a vaccine. not sure if that is true or not.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

That would be stupid to do since that's their voters who are mostly dying from COVID. If these guys are trying to perform a sort of Purge like moment, then they didn't think this out.
    Nobody has ever credibly accused them of being smart.

The problem is that the government hates people working from home, and if kids are staying home for school then the parents will stay home with them.
    The government HATES that?

And what about the parents who are working from home anyways? Does the government still hate that they can draw state income taxes rather than pay unemployment?

This causes a lot of problems for tax revenue when you depend on people going out to drive.
    The gas tax in Arizona does not pay for schools, dude. That pays for roadwork and repairs, and has been plundered to pay for highway patrol and other law enforcement needs as the states budget is a disaster.

You need them to pay for gas, pay for tolls, go out to eat, and etc.
    Gas tax and tolls don't pay for schools.

People can still eat out even if they're not eating inside restaurants.

You give them tickets for running stop signs or speeding.
    Traffic violations are not, and should never be used as a revenue generating tool. They are not factored into state budgets, and more often than not are local fines that remain within the community rather than go to the state.

This is all revenue for the state.
    You have literally no idea what you're talking about, as evidenced by your lack of understanding of how tax dollars are allocated.

Kids schooling from home is a huge problem that they'd rather solve by sending them back to school. That way parents have no reason not to go back to their jobs physical location.
    That many aren't working anyways because they're furloughed, unemployed, working remotely at the direction of their company, or it's too dangerous for them to return to work still.

Arizona Department of Health Services still advises people avoid going to work, so this is purely the governor ignoring his own health department.

Gotta remember that most states are now broke and will do anything to get the revenue they want.
    This will not generate any meaningful revenue. If Governor Ducey wants a solution, he should pressure the Arizona Reps. and Sens. to vote for stimulus packages that include state and local assistance.

The only way a "death cult" would make sense is if the governor is trying to remove the unwanted from the system.
    Not at all. Death cults aren't so picky, they just like death.

The unwanted are people who live perpetually on social services and are a burden on the tax payer. Which again doesn't make sense since most of the people dying are old and are collecting social security from the government. It could be the pensions they want to remove since a lot of states are on the hook for very expensive pensions. Old people also vote for more Republicans than Democrats on average. Doug Ducey himself is no spring chicken, which at the age of 56 does put him at risk from dying to COVID. When in doubt there's money about.
    Yet another nonsense theory with no grounding in reality.

Just stop dude, holy hell.

Yet even proof that the Right Wing are Anti-Maskers

Republican LAW MAKERS Refusing to wear masks locked in with Democrats during the Capitol Terrorist Attacks

Gave 2 Democratic Representatives the Virus

Right Wing GOP Evangelical Kevin Sorbo sharing his Anti-Mask messages
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Gave 2 Democratic Representatives the Virus
    It's up to three now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Right Wing GOP Evangelical Kevin Sorbo sharing his Anti-Mask messages
    Lulz. Nice analogy...

...if the mosquitoes were encased in spheres ranging in size from a beach ball to an office building, and if the spheres were magnetically attracted to the links of the fence...

...then sure.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    so apparently our employer isn't going to compensate for any workdays missed if we suffer effects from the vaccinations and have to have sick days. if we do not have any sick days left or pto or can't get anyone to cover then tough shit your coming into work or your getting written up. not sure if this is required or not. they have not made the vaccine mandatory it is at the employees discrection. was told by my manager companies cannot mandate a vaccine. not sure if that is true or not.
    Going to assume you are talking about the US.

Companies in almost all states can mandate a vaccine. However there are a lot of other things at play that do not go away.

Of course they must also comply with other laws. Must comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII) and any religious objections. they must comply with even further restrictions at the state level regarding sick time. etc etc

https://www.eeoc.gov/wysk/what-you-s...other-eeo-laws

Then there is a bunch of shit at the state level that would have to be followed.

They can fire you for getting sick even from something they require. not much going to protect you here.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    The gas tax in Arizona does not pay for schools, dude. That pays for roadwork and repairs, and has been plundered to pay for highway patrol and other law enforcement needs as the states budget is a disaster.

Gas tax and tolls don't pay for schools.

People can still eat out even if they're not eating inside restaurants.

Traffic violations are not, and should never be used as a revenue generating tool. They are not factored into state budgets, and more often than not are local fines that remain within the community rather than go to the state.

You have literally no idea what you're talking about, as evidenced by your lack of understanding of how tax dollars are allocated.
    You don't see where that money goes. In NJ we started taxing gas and then we had to vote to make sure it went to fixing roads, because it was made unclear where the money could go.
    Not at all. Death cults aren't so picky, they just like death.
    Do you have any proof of these Death Cults? I would find it hard to believe that these people have political positions in government.

You don't see where that money goes. In NJ we started taxing gas and then we had to vote to make sure it went to fixing roads, because it was made unclear where the money could go.
    Actually...yeah, you do. Money generally goes into specifically allocated areas - like education or roads - or into general funds. Money in general funds is free for the taking, the other money is specifically allotted and generally requires exceptions or legislation allowing them to move it to other areas.

From what I can tell, it doesn't seem that money goes into a general fund, so it's not paying for schools.

Do you have any proof of these Death Cults? I would find it hard to believe that these people have political positions in government.
    Again, you're taking it way, way too literally. Look at the actions of the Republican governors and legislators writ-large. Deny the seriousness. Deny the science. Ignore doctors. Flout medical guidance. Refuse to shut things down/intentionally open things too early etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

It's an ideological death cult on this issue, and they've been doing just about everything possible to spread the virus as much as they can and very few have taken it seriously or acted as if it was serious. Governor Hogan is one of the few, for example.

damn, is israel really excluding palestinians from the vaccine?
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

Just found out the red hats have been sucking down horse intended ivermectin to treat their covid. Some people get better, some people don't, there is no evidence at all to support the idea that an ANTIPARASITIC can do anything to help them (aside from clearing out some tapeworms).

These nutters don't trust doctors, don't trust the government, don't trust a vaccine that can save their lives, but will honestly ingest some random crap not meant for humans because some other idiot they know did it and didn't die. Plus they're making their families take it too, including their kids. I'm honestly surprised they haven't been injecting bleach and huffing lysol this whole time (as far as we know).

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    damn, is israel really excluding palestinians from the vaccine?
    Damn, is USA really excluding Canadians from the vaccine?
    That's how stupid you sound.