Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    It is unfortunate that we never get the chance to test the 70% - 80% herd immunity theory. At the moment, not a single US state has reached full vaccination of 70% of its population. Vermont (69.5%) and several northeaster states are close. However, none of the major states (CA, TX, FL, NY) are even close.
    A month ago the numbers in NJ;

In New Jersey, 6,093,262 people or 68.6% of the population have received at least one dose. Overall, 5,345,747 people or 60.19% of New Jersey's population have been fully vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    A month ago the numbers in NJ;

In New Jersey, 6,093,262 people or 68.6% of the population have received at least one dose. Overall, 5,345,747 people or 60.19% of New Jersey's population have been fully vaccinated.
    Did people stop taking vaccines after that? The data here shows as of 08/22, 60.42% of NJ population is fully vaccinated. Pretty impressive by itself, but not much growth in a month.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2021-08-24 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You know, when I was a kid in the early 90s, we had mandatory "MMR" injections while at school. That's shots for measles, mumps, and rubella. Literally brought in class by class and given your injections by the nurses, with nobody kicking up a fuss about "muh freedoms" or any other conspiracy bullshit. The only fuss was over kids who were scared of needles.

You can even find schedules for when to have particular vaccines these days.

The internet, even with all earthly knowledge contained within, has very clearly eroded the general knowledge of specific countries because they surround themselves with any garbage that might warp their brains until they believe it and allow themselves to be radicalised against things a child should agree with and understand.

People are absolutely dumb AF these days. Mandatory vaccinations for highly communicable diseases and/or viruses should be a basic thing. I don't care what you read on the internet on some super obscure site that looks like it was made in the 90s, or what "research" your friend on FB thinks they've done. Protect yourselves and those around you.
    WHERE'S THE INSERT FOR THE VACCINE? HOW DO WE KNOW WHAT'S IN IT!

Asked a group of people who wouldn't know what the fuck they were reading to begin with. Reminds me a lot of the old image of antivaxxers freaking out because they thought modern vaccines still used formaldehyde (which wouldn't be an issue if they did, it's in such a tiny amount it has no impact on us) getting linked a long list of very scary, sciency sounding words and saying "YEAH I DON'T WANT NONE OF THAT IN MY BODY!"

It was the chemical composition of a fuckin apple.

You know, when I was a kid in the early 90s, we had mandatory "MMR" injections while at school. That's shots for measles, mumps, and rubella. Literally brought in class by class and given your injections by the nurses, with nobody kicking up a fuss about "muh freedoms" or any other conspiracy bullshit. The only fuss was over kids who were scared of needles.

You can even find schedules for when to have particular vaccines these days.

The internet, even with all earthly knowledge contained within, has very clearly eroded the general knowledge of specific countries because they surround themselves with any garbage that might warp their brains until they believe it and allow themselves to be radicalised against things a child should agree with and understand.

People are absolutely dumb AF these days. Mandatory vaccinations for highly communicable diseases and/or viruses should be a basic thing. I don't care what you read on the internet on some super obscure site that looks like it was made in the 90s, or what "research" your friend on FB thinks they've done. Protect yourselves and those around you.
    MMR is still mandatory for Child Care and K-12 in every single states in the US. With an R0 of 12 - 18, you do not ever want to let measles get out of control. A mutated measles will be a nightmare.

Is Covid-22 a actual thing or twitter just being twitter.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Fox already asking if it was a rushed approval. And asking why it took so long...
    And they were applauding Trump when he wanted it to have full approval before the 2020 election.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Is Covid-22 a actual thing or twitter just being twitter.
    Sounds like someone trying to parody Catch-22.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

COVIDIOTS
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    COVIDIOTS
    Well, he isn't mandating vaccines for anyone but federal employees, so the leader of the Sturgis super spreader even can unfuck her panties.

Shame she couldn't do exactly the same to protect people from the deadly virus that warrants the damn vaccine...

Sometimes, a person just needs a short, sharp slap.
    She is no different that DeathSantis and Abbott.

7+ Year Old Account
    I actually didn't know the US did the same, tbh. Though I still expected children would have those shots at some point, because as you said, you don't want that getting out of control.

I'll happily bet there is minimal fuss over it still. At least compared to how people are with COVID vaccination right now.

- - - Updated - - -

They're nothing if not consistently hypocritical.

I understand more and more how their viewers are always so angry and confused. They're literally cultivated to be that way.
    We actually have *GASP* vaccine cards that you need to show the schools you kid is fully vaccinated to register them.

I even made a snide comment on FB about how a whole lot of people in the US have never registered their kids for school with all the vaccine card "anxiety" people are going on about.

Don't know if this was posted already, but Florida, wtf. People lying on the library floor because hospitals are too overrun with covid patients.

https://mobile.twitter.com/travisake...-center-2021-8

COVIDIOTS
    Pro-Life party, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Don't know if this was posted already, but Florida, wtf. People lying on the library floor because hospitals are too overrun with covid patients.

https://mobile.twitter.com/travisake...-center-2021-8
    If that's what's happening in that photo, it's pretty horrifying...but not unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by MechanoDruid View Post
    Estonian government is great at padding numbers that way. Need to report fewer Covid cases? Make it impossible to register for a test.
    Sounds like they're getting their ideas from Trump:

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    And they were applauding Trump when he wanted it to have full approval before the 2020 election.
    https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...sot-ip-vpx.cnn

Trump is now trying to tell his base to get the vaccine now that's it's fully approved.....and gets booed. I laughed for like 5 seconds, because as ironically funny as that might be, it's also terrifying to know there's still that many fucking idiots around.

San Francisco Unified School District Covid Dashboard.

After a week, 10 staffs and 66 students or family members self-reported. They basically called in sick. Five tested positive during regular school testing.

Elementary Schools naturally had the most cases since children under 12 are not authorized to be vaccinated.

The school district enforces mandatory masking, 98% of its employees are fully vaccinated, and 96% of its students over 12 have received at least one dose of the vaccine.

Still no Covid patients in SF pediatric hospitals.

Some interesting comparison on breakthrough cases death rates.

SF has a population of 883,000 and has 2 fully vaccinated death due to Covid complications. Both are over 90.

The Bay Area, which include SF, has a population of 7.76 million with 5 confirmed fully vaccinated death due to Covid complications.

MA has a population of 6.9 million and has over 100 breakthrough case deaths. Considerably higher per capita breakthrough deaths.

WV has a population of 1.81 million with 62 breakthrough case deaths. Even higher per capita.

So what’s the difference? Average age of population? Co morbidities? WV does have an older population and a lot of coal worker and former coal workers. It is just interesting to see such large differences in breakthrough case death numbers. It would be nice to see more gradations in the dataset. Unfortunately, half the states in the US don't even bother to report breakthrough cases deaths.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll add CA number - population of 39,538,223 and breakthrough case deaths of 88.

Bloomberg: The Vaccinated Are Worried and Scientists Don’t Have Answers
    Anecdotes tell us what the data can’t: Vaccinated people appear to be getting the coronavirus at a surprisingly high rate. But exactly how often isn’t clear, nor is it certain how likely they are to spread the virus to others.

Though it is evident vaccination still provides powerful protection against the virus, there’s growing concern that vaccinated people may be more vulnerable to serious illness than previously thought.

There’s a dearth of scientific studies with concrete answers, leaving public policy makers and corporate executives to formulate plans based on fragmented information. While some are renewing mask mandates or delaying office reopenings, others cite the lack of clarity to justify staying the course. It can all feel like a mess.

COVIDIOTS
    Talking about SD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Be wary of any opinion piece that hypes anecdotes over data. The only people surprised by the rise of delta are the people who aren't actually paying attention to the scientific data, of which there is not actually a dearth.

The thing this article gets right is the lack of proper guidance from policymakers, which is largely due to the fact that a significant portion of the policymakers are fucking idiots who seem to want their constituents to die.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post

The thing this article gets right is the lack of proper guidance from policymakers, which is largely due to the fact that a significant portion of the policymakers are fucking idiots who seem to want their constituents to die.
    nah they just don't care how many die as long as the wheels of the capitalism machine keep spinning. the donors are the only real constituents here.