Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Seems more like conspiracy theory than anything else.
    A theory that has 3 countries putting news out about. I wonder if more countries will post similar things. Who really knows honestly, all the media etc saying it came from China. Now Chinese researchers saying it came from America. I think researchers from several countries need to get together and confirm this.

Now if it were just a conspiracy theory, the Chinese gov't *Xi* would say whether it is or isn't true. Thus putting an end to the theory. The fact that he hasn't and letting this continue to be posted without some type of answer, is worrying.
    This is serious and news-breaking, i'm sure he knows about this news going out.
    Last edited by Muajin76; 2020-03-14 at 06:05 AM.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

I was at the grocery store earlier this week... there was still plenty of TP available (I bought a single pack of 12 rolls)...I wonder if that's changed in the last few days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    might want to take a look at this. *hopefully it's fake. would be pretty messed up if it were actually true.*

I don't know about other countries, but just saw that Japanese TV posted something similar, that the virus originated in the US.
    https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Globalresearch

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/global-research/

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Could just be a way of put blame elsewhere and focus away from where it really originated from.

Chinese president Xi could easily get on the news or make some type of official statement saying it's definitely not true. But seeing how this news doesn't just get posted wo him knowing, especially something as big as this. A president of a country having your own research team and political figures saying a pandemic virus like this originated in a country other than where it actually did, is pretty preposterous.
    Last edited by Muajin76; 2020-03-14 at 06:18 AM.

A theory that has 3 countries putting news out about. I wonder if more countries will post similar things. Who really knows honestly, all the media etc saying it came from China. Now Chinese researchers saying it came from America. I think researchers from several countries need to get together and confirm this.

Now if it were just a conspiracy theory, the Chinese gov't *Xi* would say whether it is or isn't true. Thus putting an end to the theory. The fact that he hasn't and letting this continue to be posted without some type of answer, is worrying.
    This is serious and news-breaking, i'm sure he knows about this news going out.
    Yep, the city containing the level 4 bio lab was infiltrated by American scientists...

Go home China, you're drunk. Just admit you fucked up and let a bioweapon get loose. You’re not fooling anyone with the vaping deaths in September were really the start of it in US.
    I guess it does distract from the fact they’ve had 40 incinerators running 24hrs a day in wuhan for a month but only 3k dead
    Last edited by Realtalk; 2020-03-14 at 06:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the most important thing for researchers to do is find a vaccine, not investigating fake news/ conspiracy theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    I think the most important thing for researchers to do is find a vaccine, not investigating fake news/ conspiracy theories.
    Yea...damage will be ongoing for quite some time until a vaccine is found and quick. By China saying it wasn't then, will seriously hurt their rep as a country. This is high level news and i'm pretty sure it goes through Xi before it's posted. He could get on and prove the story is fake and that his own research team blasted false info. *yet still allowing it to go on the news to places like Taiwan and Japan*

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Corona isn't a gift, first Sars, now this? What is 3rd? Spanish flu?...
    We are going to need China's help with this. Where do you think most of the medical equipment is made?

Quote Originally Posted by Realtalk View Post
    Yep, the city containing the level 4 bio lab was infiltrated by American scientists...

Go home China, you're drunk. Just admit you fucked up and let a bioweapon get loose. You’re not fooling anyone with the vaping deaths in September were really the start of it in US.
    I guess it does distract from the fact they’ve had 40 incinerators running 24hrs a day in wuhan for a month but only 3k dead
    They claim it was by the military. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea...damage will be ongoing for quite some time until a vaccine is found and quick. By China saying it wasn't then, will seriously hurt their rep as a country. This is high level news and i'm pretty sure it goes through Xi before it's posted. He could get on and prove the story is fake and that his own research team blasted false info. *yet still allowing it to go on the news to places like Taiwan and Japan*
    Who says the news comes from China and not some cellar in Canada?

even now china is still trying to save face by blaming this on any other country but itself...they really just need to man up and admit what happened so scientists can move forward and focus on a vaccine of some kind
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

My gf thinks it's true. I think it's false and that it did come from China. China claims it came from US and flu deaths were really cv deaths THEN came to wuhan. *where the epicenter started..then the rest of the world got it* As I said. Xi can easily go on the news and prove the validity of this information.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    There is shortage of testing capacity worldwide.

For my country of 9 million people, current testing capacity for Coronavirus is 700 tests a day. They want to ramp it up to 2000 per day as a goal.

It's basically the case for just about every country - there is no capacity to test everyone who shows symptoms.
    There is capacity to test far more people than they are testing. The US has tested 16502 people (https://twitter.com/COVID19Tracking/). They have the capacity at the moment to test 26375 per day (https://twitter.com/COVID2019tests/s...696449/photo/1). They just aren't testing enough people. That 16k is also a big jump of 6000 from the day before. South Korea had no problems testing people, it's absurd that we do. LabCorp and Quest have the ability to test more people too. Roche also just announced a test that can increase their test count ten fold on their bigger machines.

Who says the news comes from China and not some cellar in Canada?
    The official twitter account of the Chinese diplomat that posted it. Lijian Zhao is the guy's name. You can check it out if you want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EnclosedOne View Post
    even now china is still trying to save face by blaming this on any other country but itself...they really just need to man up and admit what happened so scientists can move forward and focus on a vaccine of some kind
    Myself and my friends in China don't see Xi admitting if it's true or not. News of this magnitude must warrant the country's leader to prove whether the news is true or not. *but that's just me*

There is a noticeable uptick in RILI (lung injury) cases that are not flu in some states. These cases have not been diagnosed as Covid-19 yet but it might give people an idea what is heading our way.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ETBwhojX...png&name=large

FOR ANYONE OUTSIDE JAPAN AND USA: Please mention here if your country talks about this on your nation's news. About the supposed patient 0 with cv in the states, then came to China, thus creating the spread.

When you think about the claim, it doesn't make sense. *There would have been a cover up similar to (American with pneumonia type symptoms hospitalized in wuhan)* Seeing how this wasn't mentioned at all, doesn't help to validate this claim that it came from The US.
    Last edited by Muajin76; 2020-03-14 at 06:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think president Xi has other worries then some diplomat spouting conspiracy theories. The diplomat is constantly linking to Global Research which is well known for conspiracy theories and fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    What to disagree there?

- "There is shortage of testing capacity worldwide."
    - BUt oNnE COunTrEE mANagEd tO Do SH1tt.

Whoa boi one country seems to be on the ball with testing - no shortage of testing capacity worldwide anymore!
    South Korea have tested 250,000. In the same time frame we have tested 16,000. It doesn't matter if every other country in the world only managed to test 50 people, someone did more and that means the we could have done the same.

- - - Updated - - -

hmm...i find it very interesting. You don't see Xi confirming this. I'm sure he'll be pissed when he finds out.
    This would suit him. People in China aren't happy with how the government handled the virus. Having a scapegoat, even if it isn't official, is convenient.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    There is a noticeable uptick in RILI (lung injury) cases that are not flu in some states. These cases have not been diagnosed as Covid-19 yet but it might give people an idea what is heading our way.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ETBwhojX...png&name=large
    Hmm. Interesting but I think they'd be able to tell if its from a coronavirus. Respiratory conditions are up in general due to air quality of the weather. I commented early today that a lot of people around here are going through hay fever, which looks a lot like a cold and/or a coronavirus. Hay fever can turn into more serious upper respiratory illnesses such as pneumonia. The longer people are exposed allergens the likelihood of it becoming something worse increases. Longer allergy seasons, a steady uptick in complications.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I think president Xi has other worries then some diplomat spouting conspiracy theories. The diplomat is constantly linking to Global Research which is well known for conspiracy theories and fake news.
    So you think this diplomat was spreading this info wo Xi's approval? If that's the case..the guy will most likely be getting a serious demotion or get fired.