Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Uh huh. Sure.
    Leaving their music -on- the platform.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Leaving their music -on- the platform.
    Yes, the graphic is obviously satire. What I'm saying I don't buy is that caractacus thought it was a joke when he made his original post, before it was edited to what it is now. The original post certainly didn't indicate in any way that he wasn't suckered by it.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Yes, the graphic is obviously satire. What I'm saying I don't buy is that caractacus thought it was a joke when he made his original post, before it was edited to what it is now. The original post certainly didn't indicate in any way that he wasn't suckered by it.
    Of course I thought it was a joke, why else would I post it? My edit was because I typed "there" instead of "their"

Last edited by caractacus; 2022-01-28 at 12:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Researchers recommend clinical trials for CBD to prevent COVID-19 based on promising animal data

That's right, based on previous tests, not based on Joe Rogan, Dr. Oz, or Some Guy On Facebook. This might actually work. Kinda.

The study, published on Jan. 20 in Science Advances, found CBD showed a significant negative association with positive COVID tests in a national sample of medical records of patients taking the FDA-approved drug for treating epilepsy. The researchers now say that clinical trials should be done to determine whether CBD could eventually be used as a preventative or early treatment for COVID-19.

They caution, however, that the COVID-blocking effects of CBD come only from a high-purity, specially formulated dose taken in specific situations. The study’s findings do not suggest that consuming commercially available products with CBD additives that vary in potency and quality can prevent COVID-19.
    So no, nobody's suggesting getting high will stop COVID.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Awww man, and here I thought if I 420blazedit that I'd be protected from covid : (

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Specifically it indicated that it works better if you don't get high:
    The research team emphasized that the COVID-blocking effects of CBD were confined strictly to high purity, high concentrations of CBD. Closely related cannabinoids such as CBDA, CBDV and THC, the psychoactive element enriched in marijuana plants, did not have the same power. In fact, combining CBD with equal amounts of THC actually reduced the efficacy of CBD.
    The commercially available CBD powder we looked at, which was off the shelf and something you could order online, was sometimes surprisingly of high purity but also of inconsistent quality.
    - - - Updated - - -

And in promising news: Moderna is starting a clinical trial of a mRNA vaccine for an ongoing health threat that has killed a couple tens of millions (and depending on who you ask is 'pandemic' or 'global endemic'). https://www.webmd.com/hiv-aids/news/...na-hiv-vaccine

Not covid-19, but HIV/AIDS - but using the same kinds of vaccines as their covid-19 vaccine - so there is hope that it may work (and also that regulators will be more willing to accept it quickly if it does), but, given that the immune system cannot defeat HIV-infections, success isn't guaranteed.

Joni Mitchell has come out and said she will be following Neil Diamond in removing her music from Spotify. I can't see Spotify being really worried about it unless a major boycott happens or a really big name artists follows suit.

And in other news, a BBC investigation shows Djokovic may not have been telling the truth about when exactly he had covid. I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Joni Mitchell has come out and said she will be following Neil Diamond in removing her music from Spotify. I can't see Spotify being really worried about it unless a major boycott happens or a really big name artists follows suit.

And in other news, a BBC investigation shows Djokovic may not have been telling the truth about when exactly he had covid. I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.
    James Blunt threatens to release new music on Spotify if they keep Joe Rogan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two NY nurses caught faking vaccination info, including entering false information into the database.

Authorities seized $900,000 in cash when they were grabbed -- and records of another $600,000 in payments. They charged $220 for adults and $85 for children.

Just a reminder: NY has a mask mandate. These fake cards are, therefore, only good for lying to your employer or school. The penalty for which will be a summary firing or expulsion. Oh, and possibly other charges on the clients. Authorities seized a ledger which might or might not contain their clients' names, but even if they didn't, the entries these two nurses added were almost assuredly logged, and every single one of them (even the honest ones) is now suspect.

These criminals found exactly the clients they wanted: fucking morons. And now, everyone loses. What a waste.

You must be a ton of fun at parties.

It was obviously a joke. It's also obvious caractacus knew it was a joke when he made the post about it. I could practically hear the drum roll when I read his post.

The fact that you thought he was being serious makes you look like the one that got suckered.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    It's also obvious caractacus knew it was a joke when he made the post about it. I could practically hear the drum roll when I read his post.
    It wasn't obvious until after he edited it, though, which is the point.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

It wasn't obvious until after he edited it, though, which is the point.
    No, it was always obvious.

Just not to you.

You could have backed off at any point... but instead you doubled down and insisted that he got "suckered" by the joke and continue to insist that.

“The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    It's a joke....
    Does this also mean that Nickleback isn't a favorite among the LGBTQ community?

I'm would be shocked, shocked I say!

Am I missing something about Texas? Why is their ICU utilization so high.

We are not talking about remote rural counties either. We are talking about Bexar, Dallas, Denton, El Paso, Galveston, Hidalgo, Smith, Tarrant, Travis, etc. Those are major urban counties.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post

It actually smells of nationalism and corruption, as BBC missed some of the earlier reporting.

Apart from the ID-number being out of sync the vaccine certificates in Serbia have a QR-code to avoid fraud (EU also have QR-codes, but it seems they are different).

I was trying to see what that would give - (they are in https://fedcourt.gov.au/__data/asset...nuary-2022.pdf ) - and found that earlier journalists had scanned them and the reports were even more confusing:
    https://www.spiegel.de/international...3-7727d4795e97

The test that was allegedly from Dec 16th was according to database using the QR-code negative at 1.19pm and then positive at 2.33pm (Monday the 10th I think). That's not supposed to happen - you are supposed to scan the QR-code and get a reliable result.

If the results changed like that it suggests that the Serbian government was in on the fraud (and also that the fraud was a rush-job).

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So many has-been "musicians" threatening to remove thier music from spotify. Spotify must be quivering in their boots. I give credit to the memes though (and shocked that some here don't see them as that).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    But you quoted after he edited. So it was obvious at that point…
    When I loaded the page and read it, it was pre-edit. By the time I finished searching for any reports and came back to click on "Reply With Quote", it had been edited. As it was a single line, I didn't bother to re-read the now-edited text in the reply field before posting my 6-word response. Then I went back and added in some evidence that it was satire a few minutes later.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Remember when I said the true test of Omicron will be when it reaches the rural population. Well, as cases in the densely populated regions of California are dropping, they are climbing or in the early stages of plateauing in many areas, especially rural counties in Northern California and the Central Valley - Calaveras, Yuba, Tuolumne, Fresno, San Joaquin, Merced, Tulare, Stanislaus, Tehama, Madera, Glenn and Sutter counties.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Remember when I said the true test of Omicron will be when it reaches the rural population. Well, as cases in the densely populated regions of California are dropping, they are climbing or in the early stages of plateauing in many areas, especially rural counties in Northern California and the Central Valley - Calaveras, Yuba, Tuolumne, Fresno, San Joaquin, Merced, Tulare, Stanislaus, Tehama, Madera, Glenn and Sutter counties.
    California has also only barely encountered BA.2 at this point.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    So many has-been "musicians" threatening to remove thier music from spotify. Spotify must be quivering in their boots. I give credit to the memes though (and shocked that some here don't see them as that).
    Looks at previous posts from this poster just in this thread. Looks at camera.