Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    If you are saying that Italy's healthcare system is bad you are wrong. Their government announced a lockdown to late, they had no time to prepare something that other countries did have after the Italian tragedy took place.
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Italy is known for its healthcare industry, which is why it makes people nervous.
    I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just saying that it was poorly equipped to deal with a large number of critical patients at the same time. At the beginning of the outbreak they had 2.5 ICU beds per 1000 capita, which has often be quoted to be way to few, but I should have elaborated.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Human to human infection would be the main thing coming to mind, and probably the biggest one.

https://twitter.com/WHO/status/1217043229427761152
    Coupled with
    https://www.ft.com/content/2a70a02a-...d-df28cc3c6a68
    https://archive.is/cQl0E (if paywalled)
    Take that as what you will.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c...mber-rz055qjnj
    https://archive.is/ErbZE
    May knew that the virus has potential to spread human to human at that point but destroyed it. Along with Weiliang and the other 7(?) doctors' warning.
    May have known, true. This is rather concerning, of course. Thanks, hadn't seen those reports yet. I

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Hohum... we know it's bullshit, ok?

https://archive.is/ErbZE
    "We" know? No. You blabbed about stuff you had no idea about and then had others prove your point for you. You remain ignorant. But nice try =)

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here's the thing - people will recover too.

Well no... You don't recover from death.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    "We" know? No. You blabbed about stuff you had no idea about and then had others prove your point for you. You remain ignorant. But nice try =)
    I read that shit many pages ago, it was already floated in this very long thread, I just did not provide the said links, but it's not first time we have them here.

This thread is very long and I'm here for a long time, I'm not going to indulge every random poster that pesters me with his nonsense acting as a virtual assistant pointing to information that already was shared, I would have to spend 24/7 on mmo-c for that.

The only one ignorant here is you with your China not withholding information crap, which, quite honestly, is a statement that is so detached from reality overall that I am shocked people still float it. It's as if you lack basic awareness what China really is.

Quite frankly, for all your grand standing and bluster, you really managed to disappoint me with your outright lack of awareness of timelines and facts about the very field you are supposed to be proficient in.

Saying things such as China not withholding information, when they literally did their best to do so until it was impossible to hide. That's just shocking, literally shaking head here. You're supposed to be in the know of this and yet show such ignorance, how can this be?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Well no... You don't recover from death.
    That's just nitpicking. People will recover as a society - effort needs to be made to not turn it into new Italy, Spain, iran and especially China, but this effort needs to be level-headed, because once this is over you still will need to glue up the broken pieces together.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-03-24 at 12:34 AM.

I read that shit many pages ago, it was already floated in this very long thread, I just did not provide the said links, but it's not first time we have them here.

This thread is very long and I'm here for a long time, I'm not going to indulge every random poster that pesters me with his nonsense acting as a virtual assistant pointing to information that already was shared, I would have to spend 24/7 on mmo-c for that.

The only one ignorant here is you with your China not withholding information crap, which, quite honestly, is a statement that is so detached from reality overall that I am shocked people still float it. It's as if you lack basic awareness what China really is.
    So you lack basic skills of discussion or are to lazy to apply them and then act surprized if people call you out on what looks like baseless spewing of propaganda, and you want to be taken seriously? Really? That's so adorable!

10+ Year Old Account
    Even China canceled New Years but some western holdouts still want tourists money...
    Don't worry, he finally has seen the light and closed the borders. It took several demands from some provincial premiers, like François Legault in Québec, but he finally saw the light...
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Gaidax, can you take the chill pill after all? Yes, China did shitty things, lied, blah blah. We KNOW. Stop talking about it, its not going to go anywhere.
    How does it matter NOW? The virus is out, roughly 80% of countries has it, how does pointing finger at them helps in any way to fight the infection NOW?
    When this finally passes, then yes, sure, world should drag China out of their hidey hole (not gonna happen and you know that, I am sure), but until then, it is waste of resources, we have a way bigger priority now. All of us, including them.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you lack basic skills of discussion or are to lazy to apply them and then act surprized if people call you out on what looks like baseless spewing of propaganda, and you want to be taken seriously? Really? That's so adorable!
    I am done discussing this matter with you, you were given the information - go educate yourself.

Sheesh, China not withholding information. What a troll.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Gaidax, can you take the chill pill after all? Yes, China did shitty things, lied, blah blah. We KNOW. Stop talking about it, its not going to go anywhere.
    How does it matter NOW? The virus is out, roughly 80% of countries has it, how does pointing finger at them helps in any way to fight the infection NOW?
    When this finally passes, then yes, sure, world should drag China out of their hidey hole (not gonna happen and you know that, I am sure), but until then, it is waste of resources, we have a way bigger priority now. All of us, including them.
    It matters.

This should be a lesson and a painful one, so that next time this shit happens we won't get a repeat of this nightmare. It needs to be plastered everywhere and China needs to be pressured to ensure this never happens again. They need to feel the costs mount up enough to at least make internal changes to better manage what might happen next.

Useful idiots whitewashing China, on the other hand, serve nobody's interests but the Chinese regime who bears the brunt of responsibility for this disaster.

And yes, it should also serve as example to others. China absolutely needs to be made example of for this shit and it will be.

That's just nitpicking. People will recover as a society - effort needs to be made to not turn it into new Italy, Spain, iran and especially China, but this effort needs to be level-headed, because once this is over you still will need to glue up the broken pieces together.
    So, people dying by the thousands is nitpicking? Fascinating approach. For someone who despises monstrous governments, you sure as hell endorse a kind of thinking that is usually endorsed by monstrous governments. You'd do well in China.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Now is really not the time for ridiculous conspiracy theories.
    stay safe blood elf sister.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I am done discussing this matter with you, you were given the information - go educate yourself.

You never even started discussing anything with anyone, buddy, because you lack the skill to discuss anything. Yes, I was given information. Not by you, of course, all you had to add to the thread is nonsense. Like a few pages back when you were spinning a tale how the EU is watching italians die, and does nothing while it sits on resources you pulled out of your ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I sure hope when he gives the order he will start with his very large packed rallies with people shaking his hands, breathing on him and everything maybe some hugs. His supporters who tend to be lean much older can win Darwin awards every rally.
    if i remember correctly weren't you just advocating that we not close down businesses about a month or so ago?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, people dying by the thousands is nitpicking? Fascinating approach. For someone who despises monstrous governments, you sure as hell endorse a kind of thinking that is usually endorsed by monstrous governments. You'd do well in China.
    I just quite plainly wrote "effort needs to be made to not turn it into new Italy, Spain, iran and especially China".

Cut out your vengeful ex act. It's just pathetic at this point.

Go cry to Xi about how mean MMO-C poster said bad things about China, comrade.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

It matters.

This should be a lesson and a painful one, so that next time this shit happens we won't get a repeat of this nightmare. It needs to be plastered everywhere and China needs to be pressured to ensure this never happens again. They need to feel the costs mount up enough to at least make internal changes to better manage what might happen next.

Useful idiots whitewashing China, on the other hand, serve nobody's interests but the Chinese regime who bears the brunt of responsibility for this disaster.

And yes, it should also serve as example to others. China absolutely needs to be made example of for this shit and it will be.
    dude you seriously need to stop. like why can't you just admit you were WRONG.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    if i remember correctly weren't you just advocating that we not close down businesses about a month or so ago?
    Not that I recall what I have been advocating the most is how screwed up our healthcare system is.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    I really hope that Hydroxychloroquine, the Ebola or the HIV drugs works to curb this shit. If not, we're headed to a massive bloodbath.

And please people, dont self medicate. Even if you have the drug in your hands, use it with strict medical approval.

https://www.axios.com/chloroquine-co...890aa8fff.html
    I really, really hope so as well. But people need to realize just how expensive some of those drugs are. Even with health insurance they a can cost you $2k for a 30 day prescription.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    -snip-
    uhm under what context are you posting these pics? also isn't this technically spam? like what exactly do you want us to discuss?
    fyi governors can suspend certain liberties in times of an emergency so i'm not sure what your trying to get at here...
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-03-24 at 12:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    dude you seriously need to stop. like why can't you just admit you were WRONG.
    I was wrong about China withholding valuable information from the world and wasting valuable time for all of us making poker face as its people were dying like flies?

OK. If you say so.

10+ Year Old Account
    I say something on Twitter about people buying gloves. I ask people to not unnecessarily buy gloves, especially if you're safe in your home. A lot of people use them improperly anyway.

My workplace requires gloves and we're not sure when we'll be able to restock.

The food and grocery workers who are keeping fed would appreciate if they could have gloves while one the job.

Hospital workers definitely need gloves. Same goes for masks which seem to sporadically pop up on shelves.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I just quite plainly wrote "effort needs to be made to not turn it into new Italy, Spain, iran and especially China".

Cut out your vengeful ex act. It's just pathetic at this point.

Go cry to Xi about how mean MMO-C poster said bad things about China, comrade.
    ... said the guy who makes one cringy post without any substance after the other. There is not enough content in everything you put in this thread to fill a Michael Bay movie with story. But sure, you go ahead and 'make China pay!'

What's 'not to turn into the new Italy, Spain, Iran or China' even supposed to mean? Number of Infected? Mortality? The Situations in all of these countries vary rather greatly in severity. So which one is it?

I say something on Twitter about people buying gloves. I ask people to not unnecessarily buy gloves, especially if you're safe in your home. A lot of people use them improperly anyway.

My workplace requires gloves and we're not sure when we'll be able to restock.

The food and grocery workers who are keeping fed would appreciate if they could have gloves while one the job.

Hospital workers definitely need gloves. Same goes for masks which seem to sporadically pop up on shelves.
    Hospitals by me already ran out of disposable masks. The community made re-usable fabric masks for them that are less than ideal but better than the makeshift combo of plasic and duct tape they were already using.