Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The human transmissable one is hentai-virus?
    Wrong country

Quote Originally Posted by Morgarw View Post
    Of course. Here's the link https://www.aetnainternational.com/e...andinavia.html

Anyway the real fact is definitly life expantacy, you can't have a great life expectancy
    without a great health care system.
    Italians are among the top
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ife_expectancy
    while you germans are far behind
    So you're citing an American Insurance company as a source that wants to sell you overseas policies, and that in itself says nothing about Italies healthcare being outstanding in any way.

I'll be going with the quantifiable numbers and peer-reviewed data, if you don't mind, and nor your unqualified opinion based on a sales pitch.

As for 'being far behind', that's a very misleading thing to say. We're well above the worldwide average. Healthcare is one of many factors that contribute to life expectancy, but it also includes diet, climate, industry and resulting pollution, distribution of labor, conflict, crime, and so on.

So please, stop talking out of your ass. Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cases in my city have skyrocketed. We had <10 last week and now it's almost 300 reported, and we aren't mass testing. Thankfully, my grocery store has gotten really strict about how much people can buy of one item and checking their carts during check-out. Workers are also wiping down every grocery cart before stacking them. I go once a week early in the morning and it's way busier than it used to be, but most of what I buy is still there.

They're using 3d printers to make face-masks and face-shields that are reusable...when everything blows over, I should think that some...things are going to change.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    There's a big difference between "we can't test you yet because we don't have enough tests" and Sweden's approach of "don't bother ever coming in for a test, we aren't going to test you unless you get hospitalized"...

The US is actively trying to test as many people as it can, it just lacks tests.
    numbers mean nothing. The US is NOT trying to test everyone they can. There are more and more stories of people flat up getting denied because they arn't on some list. So your numbers literally mean nothing until the stories and cases of people flat out being denied stop.

In other news, nurses are trying to plead with the Missouri governor to issue a state wide shelter in place order. Didnt go so well.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    So you're citing an American Insurance company as a source that wants to sell you overseas policies, and that in itself says nothing about Italies healthcare being outstanding in any way.

I'll be going with the quantifiable numbers and peer-reviewed data, if you don't mind, and nor your unqualified opinion based on a sales pitch.

As for 'being far behind', that's a very misleading thing to say. We're well above the worldwide average. Healthcare is one of many factors that contribute to life expectancy, but it also includes diet, climate, industry and resulting pollution, distribution of labor, conflict, crime, and so on.

So please, stop talking out of your ass. Thank you.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbMOp1qzBMc&t=2s

another link for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    They're using 3d printers to make face-masks and face-shields that are reusable...when everything blows over, I should think that some...things are going to change.
    Some Italian guys worked out a way to 3d print valves for $1 that usually cost $11k from the vendor.

Going to be a lot of questions asked in the aftermath, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgarw View Post
    And who made this video, and what are his or her qualifications? Also, why does his or her opinion not reflect that of every single expert on the matter? And why is he or she showing pictures of architecture and beaches when the topic is healthcare?

Peer-reviewed work, please. Not some asshole on youtube who sucks at video editing and, just like you, doesn't know what he's talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    And it seems that current polish government is using corona to cheat themselves into getting reelected by changing current laws at 3am.

Other day was with my mom on the way to get a prescription for her for an unrelated illness and on the way saw a guy sitting at a busy intersection holding a sign that said echinacea cures Covid 19. I wish they could run these people off and make them at least pay a steep fine for putting out misinformation like that.

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/202...eak-trump.html

Trump now saying the governors should be appreciative of this efforts. What ever drugs this guy is on, he needs to get tf off of them. He has gone from bearable to a down right nightmare and someone whom I cannot stand and I detest. He is a horrible human being and his response to telling them not to rely on the government is unjustifiable. Just a month ago he thought we were close to zero cases.

I seriously wonder if he even intends to combat this issue at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker
    it also includes diet, climate, industry and resulting pollution, distribution of labor, conflict, crime, and so on.
    And, of course, statistics on "Germany" have to factor in very distinct differences before the reunification.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Other day was with my mom on the way to get a prescription for her for an unrelated illness and on the way saw a guy sitting at a busy intersection holding a sign that said echinacea cures Covid 19. I wish they could run these people off and make them at least pay a steep fine for putting out misinformation like that.
    times like this, the crazies are out in force, and harder to ignore, since many of us already are suffering anxiety.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmouse View Post
    And, of course, statistics on "Germany" have to factor in very distinct differences before the reunification.
    I tend to forget that... correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe if one of those movie stars who 'speaks for the people' were to sell one of the many mansions each, they'd make enough to pay for them all.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    maybe if one of those movie stars who 'speaks for the people' were to sell one of the many mansions each, they'd make enough to pay for them all.
    We had a billionaire that was running for president recently...spent over half a billion before dropping out. Pocket change for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    times like this, the crazies are out in force, and harder to ignore, since many of us already are suffering anxiety.
    Yeah what really irritates me about it is people are panicking and doing stupid things with out someone just flat out giving false information. An older couple from Arizona heard that chloraquine was being looked at for treating Covid 19 and since they were panicking and they had chloraquine in their house to treat their fish tank for parasites they each took some the husband died and the wife was hopsitalized. What they didn't know was that what they had was chloraquin phosphate while the medicine is hydroxychloraquine which is used to treat malaria.

I'm very tired and gave this a very quick read, it is my understanding this isn't a full-blown ventilator, merely a short-term mechanical replacement for manual ventilation by intubation, which you may have seen in various media: you hold the patient's mouth open with a clamp, insert a tube into the trachea, and then attach a plastic balloon, with an orderly or doctor manually pumping air into the lungs. It could help many people, though. Great job!
    Last edited by Skulltaker; 2020-03-28 at 02:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    What they didn't know was that what they had was chloraquin phosphate while the medicine is hydroxychloraquine which is used to treat malaria.
    No, both chloraquine phosphate and hydroxychloraquine are used to treat malaria (and a couple other things). They're both on the WHO's essential medicines list.

The issue is that there isn't much room between "effective dose" and "overdose" ("small therapeutic index"), and the effects of an overdose are rapid and severe (e.g. sudden cardiac arrest).
    Last edited by Masark; 2020-03-28 at 02:30 AM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters